Worried About Student Turnout

Cerebus

I have seen hundreds of students today, only a handful were wearing green. If the students really are as fired up as some have been saying, they aren't showing it by wearing green on game day.

This is really surprising as last Friday I saw more green on students since the Dickey bowl years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where they wearing black? I think people are conditioned to wear green on Fridays, and with this being Halloween maybe they are waiting to wear their costumes.

Most were wearing nothing besides normal clothes. A few kids in some North Texas gear, but more in costumes. But not much of either. Vast majority was just regular clothes.

Really hope I am just reading to much into this. Student attendance will have to be big tonight. I know of several diehards who just can't make this game tonight because of kids/school/Halloween stuff.

Can I just facepalm this thread entirely?

Feel free to face palm it tomorrow if there are 22k actually in the stands.

Alumni side is going to be lighter than usual, not sure walkup is going to be very large because of it being on Halloween, and if what you and others have said about student pride being up... I would have expected them to show some... student pride?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More worried about alumni turnout than on-campus student turnout.

Ridiculous but true.

Also, Friday not Thursday is pride day. It's the same way in Saturday until game day on campus. If there's 22K it'll be because the alumni have a laundry list of excuses holding us back from making the next big step, not because the students didn't show.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ridiculous but true.

Also, Friday not Thursday is pride day. It's the same way in Saturday until game day on campus. If there's 22K it'll be because the alumni have a laundry list of excuses holding us back from making the next big step, not because the students didn't show.

Those excuses are called life, once you live some, you'll have them too.

But I agree with you, if it's 22k it will be because the students turned out en masse.

• Upvote 4

Those excuses are called life, once you live some, you'll have them too.

But I agree with you, if it's 22k it will be because the students turned out en masse.

Bullshit. If we were TCU or any other """big"""" school we'd have no problem selling out a 30K stadium.

Really? Was not like that last year against ULL. Line wrapping through library mall for tickets isn't proof, eh? 25K is more likely.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

UNT90 got my seats filled, I am hoping lots of people did same thing with their season tickets if they were unable to attend.

I am hoping on a huge Student Crowd!

We need it loud, noisy, freaking unruly, just down right Mean Green in there tonight. It may be the difference between wining and losing.

And I have no clue WTF you're talking about. There is plenty of gear on campus today. They're marketing it as a blackout and I saw plenty of black shirts.

At the very least the student turnout will be as large as the ULL game and the alumni side should be fuller. Minimum 22, more likely 25.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bullshit. If we were TCU or any other """big"""" school we'd have no problem selling out a 30K stadium.

Really? Was not like that last year against ULL. Line wrapping through library mall for tickets isn't proof, eh? 25K is more likely.

Wow. You were on campus last year? Congrats.

Friday is green pride day, and it was great last friday. ULL night last year I saw much more NT gear.

I've been all over campus today and seen hundreds of students and only see a handful of NT clothing items.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you are expecting 25K you will be disappointed. I really hope I'm wrong but based on my extensive history with NT thursday night games and alumni apathy, I believe I am right. I am predicting 18K and I will be happy with that number. Anything above that number will be a massive bonus.

Before you go throwing the messenger under the bus - I will be there with 5 or 6 other season ticket holders. I am not part of the problem.

Just setting some expectations here.

• Upvote 1

If you are expecting 25K you will be disappointed. I really hope I'm wrong but based on my extensive history with NT thursday night games and alumni apathy, I believe I am right. I am predicting 18K and I will be happy with that number. Anything above that number will be a massive bonus.

Before you go throwing the messenger under the bus - I will be there with 5 or 6 other season ticket holders. I am not part of the problem.

Just setting some expectations here.

Hasn't this thread been done already?

You people are a MF'in downer. Get over yourselves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2