UTSA can't even give away tickets

GreenBat

Nope, not scoffing at your "multi-milion dollar fast food franchise" alumni. Why doesn't he give some of those millions to UTSA so they can have above high school level facilities on campus. Back when we needed the assistance, ol' Charn bought up a load of tickets to be passed around. This was back in the 80's, probably before you were born.

"I wish we had one that owned a KFC" sounds like you were kinda hating on the man.

Also what do you know about our facilities? Current status, ongoing construction, future plans, etc? Cause it kind of sounds like you have no knowledge of the situation.

"I wish we had one that owned a KFC" sounds like you were kinda hating on the man.

Also what do you know about our facilities? Current status, ongoing construction, future plans, etc? Cause it kind of sounds like you have no knowledge of the situation.

So what is the target date for on campus stadium completion? 2038?

Lol.

Just go back to your board. There will be plenty of time for this the week before you guys head to Denton for the sacrifice.

2-5 is "early unprecedented success."

Lol

*3-5

But yeah, for a three year program it absolutely is. No start-up has moved up this fast much less won three games, there's also the attendance records. It's just lovely how it went from UTSA will be lucky to win 1-2 games before the season to laughing at 3-5 now. Seems you have high expectations for UTSA as well.

So what is the target date for on campus stadium completion? 2038?

Lol.

Just go back to your board. There will be plenty of time for this the week before you guys head to Denton for the sacrifice.

Why would UTSA need an on campus stadium any time soon?

lol at "sacrifice", and yall call me delusional? UNT might win but we aren't exactly going up there to play Alabama.

• Upvote 1

*3-5

But yeah, for a three year program it absolutely is. No start-up has moved up this fast much less won three games, there's also the attendance records. It's just lovely how it went from UTSA will be lucky to win 1-2 games before the season to laughing at 3-5 now. Seems you have high expectations for UTSA as well.

Why would UTSA need an on campus stadium any time soon?

lol at "sacrifice", and yall call me delusional? UNT might win but we aren't exactly going up there to play Alabama.

Ya, I don't keep up with the bottom feeders of the conference like I should, sorry.

Real college football programs own a stadium. Your attendance is already dropping, and will continue to do do as you continue to lose.

See you and all 10 fans that travel in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya, I don't keep up with the bottom feeders of the conference like I should, sorry.

Real college football programs own a stadium. Your attendance is already dropping, and will continue to do do as you continue to lose.

So you didn't keep up with UNT over the past decade? Bandwagoner. smh

Yeah, completely agree. UNT is a much realer program than The U.

Looking forward to it. If you do your part (which is never a guarantee) we just might witness one of the rarest sights in all of college football...an Apogee sell-out.

Looking forward to it. If you do your part (which is never a guarantee) we just might witness one of the rarest sights in all of college football...an Apogee sell-out.

Phew. I thought you were going to call for something really insane and impossible to happen, like a UTSA win in Denton. I guess even a train wreck homer like you has enough sense to not see that happening.

• Upvote 1

Phew. I thought you were going to call for something really insane and impossible to happen, like a UTSA win in Denton. I guess even a train wreck homer like you has enough sense to not see that happening.

Not going to lie I had no idea a solid half a season made UNT a college football giant. Thanks for the heads up, buddy. I'll be sure to go into the game with low expectations.

Edited by correcamino

So you didn't keep up with UNT over the past decade? Bandwagoner. smh

Yeah, completely agree. UNT is a much realer program than The U.

Did you see how many fans were at the Miami game last Saturday? Yes, runner, aim for the stars.

BXg9M7EIEAATTxT.jpg

Edited by meangreenthirteen

The following statement is not necessarily relevant to the current conversation, but I want to caution UNT90 by having his back. I was talking to a buddy in the athletic department a couple of weeks ago, when picking up my LA Tech tickets, and she said that UTSA has already gobbled up around 1,000 tickets for the Nov 23rd game. Just wanted to set your bar higher than 10

• Upvote 2

*Ok quick, which is realer:

1. A poorly attended off-campus stadium with the prestige and success of The U?

2. A poorly attended on campus Apogee stadium with no major success from The Mean Green?

How many bowl games have you been to again?

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

*Ok quick, which is realer:

1. A poorly attended off-campus stadium with the prestige and success of The U?

2. A poorly attended on campus Apogee stadium with no major success from The Mean Green?

On campus stadium wins, every time. Tulane knew better and now are building their own. Good luck with the Alamodome long-term

Not a bad little school down there in SA, still has a long way to go but I am thinking they are going to have a good contingent of fans up here for the game. I know I am bringing at least one UTSA student with me. They still have a bunch to prove but there is no telling what they might be able to pull off.

Not that week of course, but eventually maybe. And remeber after 100 years of UTSA football... they will still be about 100 years behind us.

• Upvote 3

I also have a certain affection for San Antonio as that's where I encountered my very first and only real, honest to goodness, Texas Icehouse. I had only ever heard of such a thing. I walked into what I thought was going to be a bar, and found card tables with folding chairs and a bunch of ice chests. The beer was a mere $2 a pop and I only got shivved twice.

• Upvote 1

The following statement is not necessarily relevant to the current conversation, but I want to caution UNT90 by having his back. I was talking to a buddy in the athletic department a couple of weeks ago, when picking up my LA Tech tickets, and she said that UTSA has already gobbled up around 1,000 tickets for the Nov 23rd game. Just wanted to set your bar higher than 10

Probably giving them away with with chicken or pizza.

They won't travel jack.

Good news is that UTSA fans are easily riled up. Lots of young and/or chip-on-shoulder types. I'm glad for the rivalry. Whereas I dislike SMU/Tulsa more than UTSA, they don't bother caring as much.

Tis good. Can't wait to talk mess to my co-workers who went to UTSA.

#gmg

Edited by aztecskin
  • Upvote 1

Wow. UTSA fan is comparing his school with Miami. Hilarious. This guy's internet tough guy kung fu know it all routine is weak. No one should feed this troll unless of course he admits to living at home in the basement and commuting to school.

Anyway, we use to play at Texas stadium from time to time. It sucked. I will take an on campus stadium any day of the week.

Edited by UNTexas

Wow. UTSA fan is comparing his school with Miami. Hilarious. This guy's internet tough guy kung fu know it all routine is weak. No one should feed this troll unless of course he admits to living at home in the basement and commuting to school.

Anyway, we use to play at Texas stadium from time to time. It sucked. I will take an on campus stadium any day of the week.

Nah, UTSA alums LOVE coming back to the Alamo Dome.

I mean, why would they ever want to step foot on that campus again?