Official Southern Miss Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

This is a game UNT should win. But again, there's been more Hyde than Jekyll on the road for UNT, so road games are a crap shoot. Having said that, I believe the MG are starting to get the taste of winning, and are going to do anything to keep that taste in their mouths. I think USM is going to come out on homecoming with some wrinkle that UNT may or may not be prepared for, which may cause some consternation early. I think there will be some angst in the first half again, but I'm picking UNT to grind the USM lines down in the second half. Give me UNT 34-20.

In tribute to LongJim for his use of the word "consternation" on this forum, I'll agree with him. 34-20

The only problem is once a 4-5 year positive 90 has mostly been followed by rickyleegreen90.

Here's hoping Mac is a game changer.

Benford'd to the inth degree.

Followed by a crazy assed extension for the person who Benford'd all of us.

Followed by stupid rah-rah posters who refuse to open even one eye to reality.

I got a chance to watch the USM/ECU game before ours on Sat. I have no idea what to pull from that game in all honesty because it was an absolute slaughter in every way, but I did notice a few things:

1. USM's offensive line is atrocious.

2. USM's offense is really slow. I think they must practice with little to no intensity or something because their game-play speed is just plain S.L.O.W. Plays take forever to develop.

3. USM's defense must be used to practicing against the slow offense, because they are very slow as well.

4. Carden is a really good QB with weapons everywhere. ECU uses Hardy alot like we use Chancellor. These guys tore up USM's defense.

Unless the Mean Green defense comes out flat or something, this game should be a blowout with few points scored by USM.

UNT just needs to execute their normal offensive game plan. Establish the run, minimize mistakes, get Brelan the ball, and wear the defense down with Byrd/Pegram.

Defense just needs to do what they do... bust some heads and cause turnovers. These guys are slow, and we're really fast. The defense should have a field day.

The 2nd/3rd stringers are going to see some significant playing time in this one. USM is really bad.

And again, we're being dissed by another school by being named their homecoming opponent. Eat 'em up Mean Green!

UNT: 45

USM: 13

EDIT: For any current players reading this thread, please contact any of the UNT football HOF'ers from the early 2000's and query them on how much they would like for you to pound USM even worse than my prediction above. 2 bowl losses to these goons. We owe them.

Great analysis, but they only beat us once in a bowl game. We played Colorado St, Cincy, Memphis, Southern Miss.

NT 42-6.

52-6 UNT.

USM is worse than Idaho and is in full give up mode. I see 4 picks and two fumble recoveries in our future.

BUT, we are down 6-0 at the end if the 1st qtr, when we finally decide to THROW THE DAMN BALL!!!

Usually I don't toot my own horn.

Consider this the exception.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1