Recruits at MTSU Game

greenit

At half time, I went down to the concession area to check out the scene, and to get a BBQ sandwich.

I noticed a man who looked like a NT coach, but I am not sure who he was. This guy had 7 recruits with him,

goofing around. The coach was on his cell phone several times, telling someone where

he and his recruits were located. I kept trying to see the recruits name on their name tags, but the writing on their

name tags were to small to read. I was standing a few feet away. There were 3 other MG fans standing close by trying

to figure out who these recruits were too.

The 7 recruits looked like 3 line men (big guys 6-4 range), 2 WR/DB types (tall, 6-2, 6-3, solid builds) and one recruit

that looked like big LB about 6-3, 240. I am 6-1. I was shorter than all of the 7 recruits.

I am puzzled as who the "coach" was that was handling these 7 recruits. I checked the MGS board, coaches,

and did not see the guy handling the recruits listed as a coach.

At half time, I went down to the concession area to check out the scene, and to get a BBQ sandwich.

I noticed a man who looked like a NT coach, but I am not sure who he was. This guy had 7 recruits with him,

goofing around. The coach was on his cell phone several times, telling someone where

he and his recruits were located. I kept trying to see the recruits name on their name tags, but the writing on their

name tags were to small to read. I was standing a few feet away. There were 3 other MG fans standing close by trying

to figure out who these recruits were too.

The 7 recruits looked like 3 line men (big guys 6-4 range), 2 WR/DB types (tall, 6-2, 6-3, solid builds) and one recruit

that looked like big LB about 6-3, 240. I am 6-1. I was shorter than all of the 7 recruits.

I am puzzled as who the "coach" was that was handling these 7 recruits. I checked the MGS board, coaches,

and did not see the guy handling the recruits listed as a coach.

Might be a grad assistant. I'm told they occasionally do a little coaching.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Emmitt!

You are probably right about a grad assistant handling the 7 recruits.

Who ever the "coach" was handling the recruits, the coach was handling the recruits very well.

All of the recruits were very happy, joking with each other, and clearly having a good time!

What was the difference between the recruits in the stands and the recruits down on the sidelines in shorts and jerseys?

Recruits don't wear jerseys or hold up signs on the sidelines. In fact they probably aren't on the field during the game. You probably saw backups, redshirts, or injured players and maybe a combination of all 3.
  • Upvote 2

I am pretty familiar with our roster. I definitely saw some of our injured/redshirt players, they were easy to spot.

However I also saw more than a dozen young looking players with names that are not on our roster and several without names on their jerseys at all. They looked like high school aged kids.

Does anyone have any insight as to what the story was regarding the kids on the sideline?

• Upvote 1