SMU AD must be a GENIUS!

UNT90

Because they are about to start selling beer in their stadium.

How did he ever figure out all those obstacles? SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!!

As reported by Fox 4 morning news.

Cue the "Well, Dallas isn't Denton. It's just harder here" posts from the usual suspects.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Cue the "Well, Dallas isn't Denton. It's just harder here" posts from the usual suspects.

And to be fair, ten years ago Dallas was MORE f'd up than Denton on such things. I almost didn't move to Texas over it. I was staying in a hotel off 635 & 35E looking at houses, when I went into an Albertson's, and walked in vain up and down each and every aisle looking for beer before finally asking a cashier if they sold beer in Texas. She laughed at me and told me I was in a dry area. Not a dry county, not a dry city, a dry area. That I would need to drive three blocks south to a Centennial. And don't even get me started on the first time I set out to buy a bottle of bourbon in Texas, living in Frisco. Good God.

Beer in the regular seats will come. I'm quite certain of it. I just don't know when. In the mean time, please, allow me to buy you a drink in the club tomorrow. Just stay the hell away from my ass.

• Upvote 1

SMU just said it was a form of communion, dang church school! Beer sales will have minimal effect on attendance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is just another "everything is bad at UNT" opportunity for UNT90. Good God, man, do you wake up under a black cloud every single day these days? Geeeeezzzzzz. To think this is 100% the call of the AD shows a complete lack of understanding of the process involved at UNT from the top of the administration down. And, a very limited to zero knowledge of the ACB's various personalities. SMU...in case you have forgotten is a private instruction, UNT is a state public institution. There are some differences. And, do you have knowledge of how long SMU has been studying and working toward this conclusion? Doubtful. Could be they started several years ago and have just now finalized their decision.

Cue the "everything is always bad at UNT" refrain...again....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Just pointing out that we make excuses for everything around here while other places are busy getting things done. That is all.

Who did you call? And did you call later on to verify your findings from your original phone call? You will NEVER get your secret decoder ring at this pace.

• Upvote 1

Then my question is if both are probably negligible, then why go through the whole exercise of selling beer and then having to potentially drunk, obnoxious fans ruining a good family experience? We already have enough that are stone sober!

Seriously, I just don't see the added enticement of adding beer sales. Beer is usually as expensive as a 6 pack at your local store and I can never justify dropping that kind of cash on warm beer. Just my .02 cents.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's too hard to get done.

At least it is here.

Well what do you want RV to do about people outside of the university who are slowing this process down? ... person causing the problem >>> :punish1:<<< RV

Edited by UNTFan23

And to be fair, ten years ago Dallas was MORE f'd up than Denton on such things. I almost didn't move to Texas over it. I was staying in a hotel off 635 & 35E looking at houses, when I went into an Albertson's, and walked in vain up and down each and every aisle looking for beer before finally asking a cashier if they sold beer in Texas. She laughed at me and told me I was in a dry area. Not a dry county, not a dry city, a dry area. That I would need to drive three blocks south to a Centennial. And don't even get me started on the first time I set out to buy a bottle of bourbon in Texas, living in Frisco. Good God.

Beer in the regular seats will come. I'm quite certain of it. I just don't know when. In the mean time, please, allow me to buy you a drink in the club tomorrow. Just stay the hell away from my ass.

Wow, talk about a man who loves his beer. Trying to take a beer from your hand must be like trying to pry a gun away from Charlton Heston.

• Upvote 3

Other stadium we've been to for road games, how many of them sell beer?

SEC prohobits alcohol sales. No Big Ten school except Minnesota...although they lost money doing it:

Texas doesn't sell it. Oklahoma, no.

Less than 25 of the 120+ FBS schools sell it. So, what is the point?

The point is they don't sell beer to the masses, rehab is for quitters, the Volstead Act was repealed a long time ago, beer & football go together, and this is Murica!

To hell with the standard operating procedures of SEC & Big XII no drinking light weights! George Washington & Sam Adams would agree. Good bless these United States!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2