Can We Just Move Along?

KRAM1

OK, can we just move along from last year's disaster of a season and look forward to the new one...please? Rehashing and rehashing the same crap does no good. No one here has shown any propensity for "moving" one way or the other on their opinions as related to last year. No amount of "new evidence", new information or new opinion is going to change anything.

We have a new season with a new team of starters and what looks like a whole new attitude toward off season work and preparation. And, if "rumors" are to believed...much more of a together team than at any point last season.

Why penalize these guys for what happened last season? Yes, some are the same "guys" from last season, but, again, reports coming out are that they are different in their approach and attitude this off season. Why? Don't know...don't care. Just care that it seems to be coming together more for these guys as a team. So, again, why penalize this year's team for last year's failure by withdrawing your support and boycotting games? Makes no sense to me, but OK if that's the way you want to go. Just how about we stop rehashing all the crap from last season? Everyone really has said all there is to say, so why screw up every new thread about good recruits, schedules, etc., etc. with last year's trash?

Perhaps it is time to move along. Past is past...done...over. Let's see what happens this year, and then go from there. Could be a lot more fun and a lot more successful. We'll see, grasshopper, we'll see...won't we all?

• Upvote 5

The sooner we move along, the better off our school will be. And wins and losses are only a tiny sliver of why.

I'll pack the suits, as a show of camaraderie.

Oh please! You're just a mod who is hiding behind that position so that you can hurl insults without getting dinged a million minuses for each critical post you make. :rolleyes: Nevermind that you've backed up your stance several times with reasonable question marks on the dude and others on staff.

Oh please! You're just a mod who is hiding behind that position so that you can hurl insults without getting dinged a million minuses for each critical post you make. :rolleyes: Nevermind that you've backed up your stance several times with reasonable question marks on the dude and others on staff.

The truly eloquent can speak well even with tongue firmly in cheek. Bravo.

The nice thing about reading the forum on a phone is you don't see and aren't able to add +/- votes. It's always informative when anyone flips their shit over that, because many forum users (including myself) don't see it and don't much care anyway.

Support the players, yes. Benford, hell no!

What if you believe that Benford is the problem? What if you think that not going to games, not buying season tickets wil demonstrate that in a way the AD might notice. What if you think the best way to support the players is doing something that will help get them a competent coach?

There is no moving on from last season. No forgiveness forthcoming for Benford. A season that had so much potential to be the breakout season was crapped on, bathed in gas, thrown in a dumpster and set on fire. The guy who flicked the Bic is still the head coach. Kind of tough to just get over that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What if you think that not going to games, not buying season tickets wil demonstrate that in a way the AD might notice. What if you think the best way to support the players is doing something that will help get them a competent coach?

There is no moving on from last season. No forgiveness forthcoming for Benford.

Because it does not in any way demonstrate support for the players and in no way sends the message you want sent actually sent to the AD. Want that message sent...pick up the phone, tell him in person...support the program. Staying away sends a different message entirely. Would hope that you...and others...would understand that. Maybe not. Like I said worth a try.

• Upvote 1

Because it does not in any way demonstrate support for the players and in no way sends the message you want sent actually sent to the AD. Want that message sent...pick up the phone, tell him in person...support the program. Staying away sends a different message entirely. Would hope that you...and others...would understand that. Maybe not. Like I said worth a try.

We have reached out to the AD personally and the ticket department. Fair to say they know how we feel.

Oh and Benford has a bonus in his contract for number of season ticket holders so I would say the AD would understand that statement since they put it in the contract.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

NOTHING tells the AD how you feel more than canceling season tickets. That means waaaay more than any phone call you could ever make.

Talk is cheap, and many call and bitch only to keep supporting the program. And what has that bitching got them??

Army of Dad, that is an EXCELLENT post.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sadly... I think we'll probably notice that lots of people moved on.

I think we see several games under 1k in true attendance.

From where we were at the end of the 2011-2012 season, that is just sad.

And a HUGE opportunity missed by this AD to turn basketball attendance into something more than a typical losing commuter school attendance, all because of a DISASTER of a head coaching hire and the egregious refusal to do one damn thing about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OK, can we just move along from last year's disaster of a season and look forward to the new one...please? Rehashing and rehashing the same crap does no good. No one here has shown any propensity for "moving" one way or the other on their opinions as related to last year. No amount of "new evidence", new information or new opinion is going to change anything.

We have a new season with a new team of starters and what looks like a whole new attitude toward off season work and preparation. And, if "rumors" are to believed...much more of a together team than at any point last season.

Why penalize these guys for what happened last season? Yes, some are the same "guys" from last season, but, again, reports coming out are that they are different in their approach and attitude this off season. Why? Don't know...don't care. Just care that it seems to be coming together more for these guys as a team. So, again, why penalize this year's team for last year's failure by withdrawing your support and boycotting games? Makes no sense to me, but OK if that's the way you want to go. Just how about we stop rehashing all the crap from last season? Everyone really has said all there is to say, so why screw up every new thread about good recruits, schedules, etc., etc. with last year's trash?

Perhaps it is time to move along. Past is past...done...over. Let's see what happens this year, and then go from there. Could be a lot more fun and a lot more successful. We'll see, grasshopper, we'll see...won't we all?

head-in-sand_21.jpg

• Upvote 6

Last season was a disaster. Any momentum the NT MBB program built up was washed away within the first few weeks of the season. He may win a few recruiting battles but none of that makes a difference if Benford can't coach and lead them on the floor and enable your players to be put in the best position to succeed.

And no I don't think we should just move along and forget about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we see several games under 1k in true attendance.

From where we were at the end of the 2011-2012 season, that is just sad.

And a HUGE opportunity missed by this AD to turn basketball attendance into something more than a typical losing commuter school attendance, all because of a DISASTER of a head coaching hire and the egregious refusal to do one damn thing about it.

Very very doubtful...from what you have stated several times, you won't be "seeing" any games this next season.

Very very doubtful...from what you have stated several times, you won't be "seeing" any games this next season.

My attendance is just dependent on whether Benford has learned to coach in one year. I'll probably make the UTEP game, but not renewing season tickets.

Good thing, too, as those start times would limit my ability to see those games anyway.

So...you are saying you can't just move on to the new season? Would rather just stick your head in the sand? Interesting.

No I am merely stating that ignoring what happened last season is sticking your head in the ground. How can anyone ignore what happened last season? On paper what happened last season should not have occurred.

No I am merely stating that ignoring what happened last season is sticking your head in the ground. How can anyone ignore what happened last season? On paper what happened last season should not have occurred.

And there should have been consequences.

Instead, there were rewards.

Kram has a point, but 90, armyofdad, and UNTfan23 are completely right. I get that we should put last season behind us, and I have tried very hard, but I just have no clue how we're supposed to just forget that happened and look forward to this year.

Some are saying that we got rid of some attitudes that caused the downfall of last year's team (TM13 and PJ to name a couple), but who's to say that none of these new guys will cause some locker room discord? Not to accuse guys who haven't done anything wrong yet, but it's a very realistic possibility.

I want to be excited for the year, but looking at things realistically is making it hard to do.