DT throws INT Game Over

Harry

The one thing he has going for him is the idea that he wouldn't do exactly what he did at the end of an important game. We've all seen him do it before and he's still doing it. What is there that would legitimately make anyone think it won't happen 6 more times this year?

• Upvote 2

This was a team loss. I will however point out a few things. The defense giving up a big play, period, is unacceptable. The D is also soft in the middle vs the run game. I watched three plays in a row where the D End McCoy didn't shoot his hands butt and separate. Trice can't make an INT and on the same play give it right back. It's carelessness and not giving 100% every down. I actually believe the offense is better so far this year as compared to last year. You can blame this one on the whole team. And yes Thompson threw a pic 6, he also led a couple drives to tie it up. I'm sure they will watch film and the coaches will iron it out but it's about a team this year that has a chance, not the QB and the uniforms.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This was a team loss. I will however point out a few things. The defense giving up a big play, period, is unacceptable. The D is also soft in the middle vs the run game. I watched three plays in a row where the D End McCoy didn't shoot his hands butt and separate. Trice can't make an INT and on the same play give it right back. It's carelessness and not giving 100% every down. I actually believe the offense is better so far this year as compared to last year. You can blame this one on the whole team. And yes Thompson threw a pic 6, he also led a couple drives to tie it up. I'm sure they will watch film and the coaches will iron it out but it's about a team this year that has a chance, not the QB and the uniforms.

I thought the D played extremely well tonight, on the road, against a QB on every awards list out there. That first play of the game....ugh.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 1

This game is not on DT. Sure he had a couple of F'ups, but this loss goes on the team as a whole as well as the coaching staff. A couple of the 4th downs decisions were just plain stupid in this game. Tough loss, and now time to play "Ball."

Good post

• Upvote 1

A lot of the issues on offense surround the vanilla play calling and running the ball so many times with no success 37 CAR for 105 total yards out of 3 rb two receivers and the QB. We need more short passes in spaces where the receivers can provide us the yards after the catch. Our positive numbers came from the aerial attack. We just have to keep the throws short and quick and slowly moves the chains.

• Upvote 1

This game is not on DT. Sure he had a couple of F'ups, but this loss goes on the team as a whole as well as the coaching staff. A couple of the 4th downs decisions were just plain stupid in this game. Tough loss, and now time to play "Ball."

Not all on DT, but its obvious the pick 6 hurt as bad as the 1st play Idaho copy pass TD. 14 pts right there.

Sorry, but the bottom line is when it came to "crunch time" DT was not up to the task. DT is what DT is/has been

• Downvote 1

I listened to game on radio, and was uncertain whether it was bad throw or receiver ran wrong pattern. Anyone see the play?

DT's first pick was a little under thrown but with an aware defender just to the left of the passing lane; easy pick.

The game ending one was a desperation attempt to a guy in triple coverage; easily tipped then intercepted.

Edited by Christopher Walker

I don't care how he played against a bad Idaho team. I have never seen someone overthrow the ball this consistently. Bring on Dajon. It wasn't just the QB who crapped the bed.

Don't forget our kicker missed again. Reminded me of Troy last year. McCarney has to change his play calling when our kickers cannot be trusted to do their one job.

Edited by UNTexas