TCU new uniform

Marty

I actually like it quite a bit.

Many worse looks out there these days. Plus, they've begun to really demonstrate in their uniforms an embracing of the uniqueness of their "horned frogs" nickname.

It'd be nice if we did the same with "mean green" by having to complementary shades of green on our uni.

I actually like it quite a bit.

Many worse looks out there these days. Plus, they've begun to really demonstrate in their uniforms an embracing of the uniqueness of their "horned frogs" nickname.

It'd be nice if we did the same with "mean green" by having to complementary shades of green on our uni.

North Texas needs to do the same thing. Recruits love this stuff. UNT needs to start doing whatever they can to get better recruits and more interest. If fancy crazy uniforms do that, then I am all about it.

North Texas needs to do the same thing. Recruits love this stuff. UNT needs to start doing whatever they can to get better recruits and more interest. If fancy crazy uniforms do that, then I am all about it.

I agree, but this kind of thing won't happen until coach McCarney leaves. He's 'old-fashioned', that's why we have a boring (albeit clean) uniform.

And before anyone brings up the 100-year-throwback/mashup, there is a difference between a single game celebration, and what TCU/Oregon/Boise/Maryland/etc... are doing to set themselves apart uniform-wise. Most older guys think all of those teams' uniforms look terrible, but the players (re: recruits) don't!

Looks like the circus came to Ft. Worth. If you can't win in the Big XII at least have "modern" uniforms, right? Who cares? No one unless you are a TCU fan. I will say again...Alabama has some of the more "old fashioned" uniforms around...as does Penn State. Hasn't seemed to have their won/loss column. I don't much care. I leave this uniform stuff up to these wearing them and their coaches and AD. Me, just win in whatever you wear or don't wear.

If the team feels good about what they wear I could not care less about what others might think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ESPN and Nike are ruining college football.

Really..got any TV rating numbers or revenue numbers to support that hot opinion? Or, overall college football attendance numbers for that matter?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Looks like the circus came to Ft. Worth. If you can't win in the Big XII at least have "modern" uniforms, right? Who cares? No one unless you are a TCU fan. I will say again...Alabama has some of the more "old fashioned" uniforms around...as does Penn State. Hasn't seemed to have their won/loss column. I don't much care. I leave this uniform stuff up to these wearing them and their coaches and AD. Me, just win in whatever you wear or don't wear.

If the team feels good about what they wear I could not care less about what others might think.

Do you realize that TCU still had a winning record even though their two best and most experience running backs (one for the entire season the other for almost half the season), their starting QB who was leading the NCAA in passer rating, a linebacker that would rival the best from any team last year, and about 5 more players before and during the first few weeks of the season? TCU started more freshman than anyone else in NCAA football last year. There is not many teams that could end up achieving a winning record with issues like this. Most of the older TCU fans hate these uniforms, but the recruits love them. That is what matters. Most teams are not Alabama or Penn State, so why not mix up the uniforms the get more recognition?

• Upvote 1

So has TCU officially adopted red as a school color?

No it is not. Neither is black... Still they use both all the time (Black a lot). The red is used because a Horned Frog (which is really a lizard) shoots blood out of their eyes to scare off possible attackers.

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really..got any TV rating numbers or revenue numbers to support that hot opinion? Or, overall college football attendance numbers for that matter?

Yep, they are great for about 35% of BCS schools, yet they have separated the haves and have nots better than Communism could have done.

And the NCAA has become their politburo.

I like them, looks like the kids like them. I'm sure they got a much stronger reaction from the players than our throwbacks did.

Like it or not, the kids eat these types of uniforms up. Instead of looking back and throwing together a hodge-podge throwback, we should be coming up with something forward thinking.

• Upvote 2

Actually I believe its a Horned Toad. I grew up in Ft. Worth during the 50's and 60's, and they were everywhere. Then along came Red Ants, and the pesticides used to kill them also croaked the Toads.

It is a lizard... Really, they are just called horned frogs or horned toads, but in fact they are lizards. Look it up. However, you pretty much got it right on the big reason they are not around as much anymore.

Actually they eat red ants. The fire ants ran them off. Horned lizards are still out here in West Texas and so are the red ants.

Back to the uniforms. Ugly.

Yep... The fire ants were the issue. Then the pesticides to kill them destroyed the red ants in and around the suburbs as well.

Edited by North Texas Shep

It is a lizard... Really, they are just called horned frogs or horned toads, but in fact they are lizards. Look it up. However, you pretty much got it right on the big reason they are not around as much anymore.

I believe you.In New Mexico they are called horned lizards, in Cowtown we called them horned frogs. I don't recall if they had a tail like a lizard or a rump like a frog.

I like them, looks like the kids like them. I'm sure they got a much stronger reaction from the players than our throwbacks did.

Like it or not, the kids eat these types of uniforms up. Instead of looking back and throwing together a hodge-podge throwback, we should be coming up with something forward thinking.

Agree. I like them myself. No clue why we don't mix it up.