Would you ride the A-train to games?

James329

Yes, yes, and hell yes. I've taken the train up to downtown Denton several times, and it's been fantastic. I especially like the special latenight southbound runs on Friday and Saturday nights. It allows me to get my freak on at the Drafthouse. But it's really far from campus. As things are presently set up, I would not bother trying to get to Apogee from the A-Train station, and I especially wouldn't bother trying to get back. It would be something stupid like waiting for bus A to campus, transfer to bus B, hope everything's on time, and hope it all works on the return trip lest I get stranded with no trains running on Sunday to eventually get me home.

• Upvote 1

Are you talking about it unloading passengers somewhere behind the old Liberty Christian property?

If there was something from Fort Worth, then I would seriously consider it. Right now, the traffic from Fort Worth to Apogee is not a challenge.

No. The A-train that runs along 35E and connects with DART. There's a station in Downtown Denton. Wonder if people would use it if there was a shuttle that took you to and from the stadium and the station.

Yes, yes, and hell yes. I've taken the train up to downtown Denton several times, and it's been fantastic. I especially like the special latenight southbound runs on Friday and Saturday nights. It allows me to get my freak on at the Drafthouse. But it's really far from campus. As things are presently set up, I would not bother trying to get to Apogee from the A-Train station, and I especially wouldn't bother trying to get back. It would be something stupid like waiting for bus A to campus, transfer to bus B, hope everything's on time, and hope it all works on the return trip lest I get stranded with no trains running on Sunday to eventually get me home.

What if there was a Shuttle that went to and from the Stadium and the Downtown Denton station on game days?

What if there was a Shuttle that went to and from the Stadium and the Downtown Denton station on game days?

That would form my previous answer of yes, yes and hell yes. Do you have influence on this somehow? I would imagine your biggest challenge is that you've got people showing up anywhere from 10 am to 5 pm on game day, so you'd have to run a shuttle several times a day lest ye olde' wrinkled hundred dollar bill syndrome arise.

• Upvote 1

No. The A-train that runs along 35E and connects with DART. There's a station in Downtown Denton. Wonder if people would use it if there was a shuttle that took you to and from the stadium and the station.

Nope, I live in south Denton County. Jumping on 35W is pretty much my only option.

I tailgate, so it's not ideal for me... But the question should be, do we think a lot of people would take the rail? Again, this is one of the many scenarios that would change if the program starts winning games, season after season... Then I would answer definitely yes...but UNT would have to offer shuttles from the station to Apogee on game days. Earlier in the day they could have a welcoming committee at the station when train stops... cheerleaders, scrappy, part of the band... People could buy prepaid Mean Green Game Day rail passes...it would save on gas, parking fees, drop you off right in front of the stadium....a lot of marketing potential...

• Upvote 2

Also...

"The Denton Police Department will have extra officers working I35, I-35E, I-35W and their service roads for 35 consecutive hours from 4:00 pm on Friday, August 30th until 3:00 am on Sunday, September 1st. The purpose is to have extra officers on duty to help keep those traveling along I-35 as safe as possible. The officers will be looking for DWI’s as well as other traffic violations. We hope that this will reduce the number of crashes we work over this 35hour period."

Just sayin...