ULM to start offering beer at football games

Harry

According to this article, Toledo would be only the 23rd college football stadium to sell alcohol in 2013. Only 14 on campus, but 23 total for college football.

That makes it seem like maybe we haven't dropped the ball just yet. Consider too, it's not just a matter of tapping a keg and selling beer. You have to them have trained people working those stands and you have to arrange insurance. I don't recall if we man concessions with groups looking to raise money, but having done that for NASCAR, trying to arrange it for a beer sales booth is almost impossible due to training and insurance.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/22285158/toledo-hopes-to-sell-alcohol-at-football-games-in-2013

• Upvote 2

Beer sales, when it happens, will be limited to the "alumni" side of the stadium and no beer can be taken back to the "student" side. Also, beer sales will stop at the end of the 3rd quarter.

There is a lot to the Club Level that is not alcohol. The Hospitality Department puts on a first class meal with linen table cloths and linen napkins and a desert selection that would make the most zealous dieter cheat a bit. The glassed in ballroom offers a cool place to go early in the season and a warm spot to drink hot chocolate or coffee when it gets cold. Other college games are shown before the North Texas kickoff. Buying Club Level seats has been the best part of Apogee Stadium for me.

Hurry August 13.

Beat Idaho

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

There is a lot to the Club Level that is not alcohol.

Agree. While I certainly like having the option of beer, I think I bought beer at two of five games last year.

I really like the chairbacks, the cup holders, the roof, the indoor option, the buffet, the bathrooms, the free soft drinks for the insatiably thirsty child. It is a completely different experience up there. I didn't think I'd care, but was blown away the first time I set foot in there.

I do sometimes feel like my monocle's not shiny enough up there, but then I head to the cheesecake and stop caring.

• Upvote 2