Now THIS should be leading the newscasts

Well, it seems to have made CNN. WELL DONE...and, indeed, we could use plenty more of this type of headline. But, we probably would not have seen Obama and Holder grandstanding as much if it had.

This is the type of news that should lead the headlines...not be relegated to some back page, under the fold, sidenote as they often seem to be.

Well done. Hope these kids get a ton of recognition and I hope it spurs them on to even bigger and better!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Well, it seems to have made CNN. WELL DONE...and, indeed, we could use plenty more of this type of headline. But, we probably would not have seen Obama and Holder grandstanding as much if it had.

This is the type of news that should lead the headlines...not be relegated to some back page, under the fold, sidenote as they often seem to be.

Well done. Hope these kids get a ton of recognition and I hope it spurs them on to even bigger and better!

And there it is. I wondered how long it would take until somebody wedged a shot at the President in. I literally posted this because it was devoid of political grandstanding and knew it would take the inevitable turn.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

And there it is. I wondered how long it would take until somebody wedged a shot at the President in. I literally posted this because it was devoid of political grandstanding and knew it would take the inevitable turn.

I agree, but I also would like to see the President recognize this young man for a job well done.

• Upvote 2

Your right...Obama and Holder really screwed the pooch on this one....you were looking for it, so happy to oblige. It is devoid of political grandstanding because it does not serve either Obama or Holder to play that card in this case. Too bad they both forgot that they represent each and every citizen of the U.S.

Nothing for either to gain here it seems. Shame...yet another missed opportunity to lead.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

I know! I mean why can't the President of the United States of America, the most powerful man in the free world, and the attorney general, make a comment on every news story! I mean are they even doing anything?! GAAAHHH!

Why can't they make comments that attempt to support all the citizens of the nation....opportunity missed, but nothing new for these two and their personal agendas?Too bad! GAAAHHH!

One would think the "most powerful man in the free world" and the attorney general would want to unite, not divide....but guess not! Par for the course...too bad...big opportunity missed!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Welp, really not seeing why it called for the President to get involved. I've managed to help a few people here and there and gotten used to not being recognized for it. I will say that I was truly impressed when a City of Euless policeman called to thank me for providing some useful information. I don't think that should be a deciding factor in deciding to help though. I agree with what Bob Dylan once said, like "it's not political to see someone who needs help and help them".

• Upvote 1

Your right...Obama and Holder really screwed the pooch on this one....you were looking for it, so happy to oblige. It is devoid of political grandstanding because it does not serve either Obama or Holder to play that card in this case. Too bad they both forgot that they represent each and every citizen of the U.S.

Nothing for either to gain here it seems. Shame...yet another missed opportunity to lead.

I did't see him talking about this one either....wonder why? http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/us/georgia-baby-killed

My street was just repaved last week. That brought my neighborhood together - maybe someone can comment.

Perhaps Pelosi can say something about it...concrete matches with her pretty well in the way of intelligence. So, how about her? And, where in LA, CA are the streets not paved these days?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 2

I did't see him talking about this one either....wonder why? http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/us/georgia-baby-killed

Perhaps it doesn't fit his personal agenda...nothing for him to gain from it...obviously the overriding factor in such pronouncements from the White House these days. Maybe he will now invite Zimmerman to the White House for a beer since he sure did not learn anything from the self-serving pronouncements made from the White House during that incident.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps Pelosi can say something about it...concrete matches with her pretty well in the way of intelligence. So, how about her? And, where in LA, CA are the streets not paved these days?

Los Angeles isn't San Francisco where Pelosi is from. :P

The streets are paved, but as always in cities, many have pot holes and such. The last couple of years the city has put a ton of money into fixing some of the worst offending ones.

Los Angeles isn't San Francisco where Pelosi is from. :P

The streets are paved, but as always in cities, many have pot holes and such. The last couple of years the city has put a ton of money into fixing some of the worst offending ones.

That's why I said Pelosi...she never seems to know where she is anyway... :-)

Worst offending...are you speaking of Pelosi? Are they finally going to get around to fixing that pot hole? :-). :-). Ok...that's some political funniness right there!

He just turned 35 yesterday.

Seriously...I wished him happy birthday, but did not see the age...no way Rudy is 35. Guy must have found the fountain of youth. He'll probably be 65 before he looks 35 if the current trend holds.

• Upvote 1