Central Wyoming College Armani "Flash" Flannigan visits UNT

Harry

Last 2 ships assuming ward can come on (we need his shooting potentially) we have to get at least one solid big still. Last year we seemed thin as well in the post with all of the injuries.

To be honest we should be better... At least deeper.

Holman, Overlander, and Patton really did nothing last year

PJ and Niko were just decent contributors

Tony and Franklin were the backbone of the team

If any 3 of these guys can step up big we should be fine. It is not like we lost a lot of points, boards etc with all of these players leaving (minus Roger and Tony)

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I'll be okay either way w/ Ward. Shooting will be improved no matter what w/ Walton & Taylor. Ward would really only be asset if he can also play the point

I really can't see Nunn or Friar contributing much next season

Need bigs , need bigs , need bigs

• Upvote 2

I'll be okay either way w/ Ward. Shooting will be improved no matter what w/ Walton & Taylor. Ward would really only be asset if he can also play the point

I really can't see Nunn or Friar contributing much next season

Need bigs , need bigs , need bigs

Armani can board and score... But I agree we need a post type guy as insurance down low.

The problem is both Nunn and Friar are post guys, big physical players. PJ leaving means they need another point guard to spell Chris unless they want Alzee to do it. I still wish they would take a pure shooter but I hear you 03 if Nunn and Friar can't help us right away we need to address that. You can't afford to develop three post guys at the same time (Coleman, Friar and Nunn) there's not enough room on the roster to do that.

Exactly. I talked to Vito before the Spring Game and he said there were questions with his ability to qualify out of HIGH SCHOOL. We're taking a leap of faith on this one. 12-20 will do that.

I don't think we will sign Ward unless he's qualified.

I don't think we will sign Ward unless he's qualified.

Right, so lets not include him in any "future" talk until he actually signs.

As a matter of fact, why is Flannagan a "commit?"

Signing day has passed. If he was coming here, why not just sign on the bottom line? Eligibility?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if there are some transfers that Benford is in on? Maybe some mid year transfers?

I didn't realize until yesterday that Keith Davis (Desoto HS) left A&M in mid December. This guy is a big center (6-10) who could help. Didn't really do much at A&M but is better than Coleman. May only have 1 year left after sitting out. Is the bigger brother of TCU signee 6-9 Karviar Sheppard (Prime Prep)

• Upvote 2

I didn't realize until yesterday that Keith Davis (Desoto HS) left A&M in mid December. This guy is a big center (6-10) who could help. Didn't really do much at A&M but is better than Coleman. May only have 1 year left after sitting out. Is the bigger brother of TCU signee 6-9 Karviar Sheppard (Prime Prep)

Good info Cooley. I think this is such an important class, perhaps the most important class for Benford. I am really interested to see who he lands because it will give us a clue as to what direction he will go post Mitchell.