I am driving in from Little Rock for the game tomorrow

Insideualr

Plenty of good Mexican food in Denton. You'll probably find partisans of every Mexican place in Denton on this board. I like Mazatlan, out on East University . . . it's kind of a hole in the wall, but the food is good. If you can make it out to Ponder (about 10 miles W of Denton), you will find maybe the best steakhouse in the country.

There's not much close to the Super Pit, though.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys that helps. We are headed out in the morning to race go karts at pole position and then travel on into the game. we will repeat process on the way out of town on Sunday.

http://www.polepositionraceway.com/dallas-frisco/prices/arrive-and-drive/

Coming and going, you'll be going right past Trail Dust steakhouse on 380, just east of Denton. . . . It's been years since I've eaten there, but they're good. A notch below Ponder Steakhouse . . . but then again, everyone is. Also, Prairie House is about a half mile west of there . . . Again, a place I haven't eaten at in a long time, not since they moved. . . . But they always had pretty good standard eatin's (chicken fried steak, etc.).

Those are a couple of places out of town, but worth considering if you'll be hitting them about chow time.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

When you take north texas boulevard to the pit, take a right at the ihop, there is a strip center at the end of this street, 2 short blocks. There are several places to eat that are not "standard" places. There is aplace that specializes in burritos, hooyah. Panchos mexican buffet is on the right end. I think it is pretty good, mexican is hard to screw up, subway and a chicken place also.There is a chinese place also, another across the street. None of these are "fern bar" types. You aren't paying for atmosphere and you don't get it. Enjoy. Hope you make it in time for the women's game. A ticket to the men's game gets you in both. The pit seats 10,000, there will be about 800 - 1000 for the women's game, maybe 3500 at men's. Sit anywhere. You might have to move if a season ticket holder comes in, but you can usually move a few seats away with no problem. Sections 106, 107, 108, 109 have some seats in the first 3-4 rows if you want close. 107 is mid court

Plenty of good Mexican food in Denton. You'll probably find partisans of every Mexican place in Denton on this board. I like Mazatlan, out on East University . . . it's kind of a hole in the wall, but the food is good. If you can make it out to Ponder (about 10 miles W of Denton), you will find maybe the best steakhouse in the country.

There's not much close to the Super Pit, though.

What steakhouse do you speak of? I live in Frisco and will travel anywhere for such a steak claim...

What is the best place to stay at close to the arena?

I am bringing my 9 year old with me, does anyone have 2 good seats they want to sell?

Good food close to the arena or local area?

even though you are a foreigner...my kid and i, 8yrs old, will be in the parking lot to the south of the pit, across from a residence hall, playing some catch...having some beer...me having the beer...my boy doesn't like it yet. please feel free to come by and hangout...

• Upvote 1

:lol:

I assume you're joking. :unsure: Then again, I've heard of folks wearing a cheap tie there so they can get a free something or other.

Of course I'm joking! Until Mean Green 93-98 posted, I hadn't thought about the place in almost 25 years, and that's the first thing that came to mind.

• Upvote 1