UNT Team working out in Apogee

Harry

that is a "cool" pic. off season is so important this year.

but this pic also makes me ask....Indoor facility????

My answer is that I hope one is in the near future for recruiting purposes. What I want to say is, "Really? Football is an outdoor sport and a little weather is good for everyone."

• Upvote 4

reference the first part of your response along with the progression of all aspects of the game....i.e., better equipment, better facilities. I like many of your on here played in a time when a concussion = getting your bell rung....a broken finger was diagnosed as a jammed finger and taped to the next finger and go for more, and training inside meant going to the gym if there was an absolute turd floater going on. i agree that training in your element whether it be hot or cold can be and is beneficial. training in a controlled environment during extreme weather...some of the time....gives you more productive training. do you think that all the colleges and high schools add indoor facilities for the one purpose of recruiting? i dont think so. and there are far more colleges that dont have them and i dont expect UNT to have one anytime soon if at all. it was just a casual observation.

but that is a cool pic

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 1

Well I know Arky State is building a 22 million dollar indoor practice facility so let's say the writing is on the wall.

The good news is we have plenty of land to build it on at Eagle Point.

So many facilities -- in such a short time...

Don't indoor practice facilities cost money to build and maintain?

Hey, this is a really neat photo. Thanks for posting it...what's a little snow? No hill for these climbers! Go get 'em Mean Green!

Hard to believe that spring practice is right around the corner.

• Upvote 1

Rick has said in the past that an indoor facility is a priority. The basketball practice facility is complete so now baseball is high on the list. A new track venue will be needed but I've never heard a time frame of when it would be needed. I would expect to have an indoor facility within a decade at worst case. It could be much sooner if donors can be found.

• Upvote 1

Rick has said in the past that an indoor facility is a priority. The basketball practice facility is complete so now baseball is high on the list. A new track venue will be needed but I've never heard a time frame of when it would be needed. I would expect to have an indoor facility within a decade at worst case. It could be much sooner if donors can be found.

So are we never going to finish Waranch?

• Upvote 2

I believe the Ark governor has some history with or taken a shine to ArkSt and has been drumming up a lot of support for them recently. ArkSt fan can surely clear this mystery up.

He's a graduate, and his support is nothing new. But their recent success, as well as having Malzahn for a coach, has really gotten people excited. We'll see if they can keep it up with no Malzahn and no Aplin.

• Upvote 1

Well I know Arky State is building a 22 million dollar indoor practice facility so let's say the writing is on the wall.

The good news is we have plenty of land to build it on at Eagle Point.

So many facilities -- in such a short time...

Harry, where did the 22 mil number come from? Sure sounds like a bunch of money for essentially a metal building. Large in size but still a metal siding building for the most part. Offices, heating and a/c, etc., can ramp the cost up but 22 mil is a ton of money. Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

If I had to guess, Deep, it would not be state money, but private funds from supporters of Ark St and/or the governor who has history of being able to shake money from donors. Remember, Arkansas is not like Texas where support is divided between many mant D1 universities. In Ark, the choices are a tad more limited if you want to support a "home team".

But, remember, UNT doesn't need any money...so don't worry. These things will just pop up on their own overnight at UNT. Who needs folks to step up a bit and help...what the heck. Stuff just happens.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1