Women defeat ualr

golfingomez

Great game, something to cheer about and it seems very few pay any attention.

I listened to some of that greatness on KNTU, last few minutes of the game. I promised myself last year that I would attend some WBB games. I plan to start making that good on Saturday, Jan. 19. A man needs to be careful about the promises he makes, even to himself, but I don't think I'll regret following this team. And...plus 1's all around.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2

You mean a coach can be competitive in our conference in that coach's first season here!? Can't be, it must be all the extra support the women's team gets compared to the men.

Or...the lack of nitpicking the folks do around here that goes with the the men's program. I wonder how that is going in Austin right now at 0-3 in league play? Feel bad for Aston as she is a good coach with HC experience that seems to have hit a bit of a wall in Big XII play...you know when things really heat up. Fans in Austin are not overly kind about such. I have a UT alum relative that follows women'sBB at UT pretty closely...says lots of rumblings about Aston and her "style" with the players and game day management. Me, I don't think that's fair, and would be a supporter of Coach Aston...I guess I'd be called a "shill for the Dept." in Austin these days.

here's hoping Aston rights the ship, but does show that "experience" does not always make a first year coach a lock to be successful...what was that Duke coach's name that went to UT just before Aston????? Pretty experienced I thought...guess not. Where is she coaching these days?

• Downvote 2

Or...the lack of nitpicking the folks do around here that goes with the the men's program. I wonder how that is going in Austin right now at 0-3 in league play? Feel bad for Aston as she is a good coach with HC experience that seems to have hit a bit of a wall in Big XII play...you know when things really heat up. Fans in Austin are not overly kind about such. I have a UT alum relative that follows women'sBB at UT pretty closely...says lots of rumblings about Aston and her "style" with the players and game day management. Me, I don't think that's fair, and would be a supporter of Coach Aston...I guess I'd be called a "shill for the Dept." in Austin these days.here's hoping Aston rights the ship, but does show that "experience" does not always make a first year coach a lock to be successful...what was that Duke coach's name that went to UT just before Aston????? Pretty experienced I thought...guess not. Where is she coaching these days?

Karen Aston will win a national championship at Texas before she is done. She had the team in the Top 25 at one point this year which is better than sucking from the start like Benford. She also has been an overwhelming winner everywhere she has been including NT considering the circumstances. I also think Pererson, who at first seemed to be a good ole boy of a hire is proving himself quite competent to do some great things here...potentially some championships (maybe even a division crown this year) in his future as well. He also wears a rockin sweater vest.

I also think Pererson, who at first seemed to be a good ole boy of a hire is proving himself quite competent to do some great things here...potentially some championships (maybe even a division crown this year) in his future as well. He also wears a rockin sweater vest.

Come on... A good ole boy hire? We all know its because he loves the sweater vests.

This win makes me very optimistic about WBB at UNT. When you get beat a Foley team at his place, you have made a major accomplishment. What is especially encouraging is the impact of the freshman players. If the ladies continue this, you might be surprised at the following they may get.

This win makes me very optimistic about WBB at UNT. When you get beat a Foley team at his place, you have made a major accomplishment. What is especially encouraging is the impact of the freshman players. If the ladies continue this, you might be surprised at the following they may get.

These statements sound very familiar.