My thoughts on all this shuffling

emmitt01

We are in no position to be a "decider" as it currently stands. We've done what we were supposed to do and that's trying to align ourselves with regional schools that our fans can come to care about. Tulane bolted. That sucks. But we can't help that. Now, with the demise of the BE (did anyone not associated with SMU or Houston NOT see this coming?) we are on the verge of potentially seeing UTEP and Tulsa go away as well. And this worries many of you. Me, not so much. Not because I wouldn't LOVE to stay in a conference with these schools, or hell even SMU or Houston for that matter. But because I still see a pot of gold where this rainbow ends...even if Tulsa and UTEP defect. Really Emmitt? Yes, really. And here's why. THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS STUPID. It's really about that simple. If we walk into a CUSA that is on life support we are still walking into CUSA from the Sun Belt. To the people who we want to attend our games, the uneducated general public, this alone is an upgrade. And, even if CUSA is only Sun Belt 2.0, if you've replaced ULM, Troy and South Alabama with Rice, La Tech and UTSA you have made an upgrade...both in terms of "hey, I've heard of them" and in terms of opposing fans walking through the gates of Apogee. Make no mistake, I acknowledge that the step up is a minimal one...but I'm just done fretting over things that WE CANNOT CONTROL.

Does this mean that I think RV, Lane Rawlins, etc should stop working the phones? Hell no. But, worst case scenario if they simply sit back on their laurels (however tarnished they now are) we are gonna be better off than we were to start 2012.

• Upvote 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mean Green 93-98" data-cid="695444" data-time="1355459696"><p>

You lost me at UTSA. UTSA is an upgrade over nothing.</p></blockquote>

UTSA is an upgrade alone in the fact that NT gets exposure in a market that doesn't even know where NT is. That, and I get to see the Mean Green play in SA. UTSA gets a hell of a lot of attention here. I'm not jazzed about being in a conference with them either, but belly aching about it now is pointless.

• Upvote 3

This stuff has gotten so out of whack I can't pay attention to it anymore. The focus should be on the program anyway. The more successful our programs are the more attractive we will be to other schools and conferences. Take care of business on the field and the rest will take care of itself. 4-8 in the sbc, CUSA, mwc, doesn't matter, it's still 4-8.

• Upvote 1

No need to worry about us or SMU, a blood pact is being made with Cincy and UCONN as ring leaders. Whether or not we sign with our blood is to be determined. Stay tuned folks.

Also, if that greenjoe guy is still stalking me. I currently go to UH and it is a very well known fact around here that I'm ex-UNT. I hope that answers all of those creepy questions you had for me in so many words. I can only post once every 24 hours and I can't answer you in PMs, so I gotta post it here.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 4

No need to worry about us or SMU, a blood pact is being made with Cincy and UCONN as ring leaders. Whether or not we sign with our blood is to be determined. Stay tuned folks. Also, if that greenjoe guy is still stalking me. I currently go to UH and it is a very well known fact around here that I'm ex-UNT. I hope that answers all of those creepy questions you had for me in so many words. I can only post once every 24 hours and I can't answer you in PMs, so I gotta post it here.

I hear you guys are also getting secret decoder rings.

***Spoiler Alert****

The message says "You're still irrelevant in your own cities and abroad...and drink your Ovaltine."

Not surprisingly, it is the same tired conversations on most of the fanboards. Somebody is always doing it much better, passing us by, coaches/admin not supporting, community not behind program, old guard complaining if anyone tries to bring up positives, etc... one example fanbase of many: http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23137 http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23128 http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23114 http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23132 http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23066