St Louis game Dec 5

Eagle96

Coleman made a decent contribution tonight. Only 7 minutes and 2 points but he looked involved in the game and played nice defense. We REALLY need him to step up so we can free Mitchell from playing as a post.

Considering Tony was in foul trouble, I think they held their composure pretty well. They didn't lay down

Specifically, I'm talking about the open layup they let that Jet kid have at the end to give SLU the two point advantage.

Though I do agree with you, they did hold better at the end than I expected, it still was not as good as it should have.

Edited by Andrew Balettie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Solid effort tonight. Several mental mistakes coming down the stretch, but better. We went brain dead and let their guard drive uncontested to go up by two and then later let their post get an uncontested put back. Tony's lane violation when they missed the front of a 1-1, only to then make both did not help either. I was watching the game and Chris never even thought about passing to Tony on the late possession when he ended up taking an off balance shot that missed and SLU rebounded and was pretty much church at that point.

That was a pretty good defensive team they played tonight and they pretty much shut down everyone but Tony and Chris, Alzee was decent. When Tony matures a little and decides to give that type of effort every night out, we will be able to hang with a lot of people. Chris played well in back to back games. Noticably fewer minutes (20) for Jordan tonight and responded with an 0-4 night.

I hope we get rolling early in conference play and can carry that into the tournament.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Specifically, I'm talking about the open layup they let that Jet kid have at the end to give SLU the two point advantage.

Though I do agree with you, they did hold better at the end than I expected, it still was not as good as it should have.

Perfect games sometimes happen in baseball. LOL! Lets just hope this is a sign of the upswing for this team.

• Upvote 1