Creighton watching party!

michagb

I hope you are kidding....I guess you have not a clue about where the Alumni Association offices are located or what equipment is available. Come on in and check it out. But, folks, please don't complain until you actually attend. Then you can post all your criticisms of this free event set up in an effort to have a good time watching the Mean Green. Yes, I hope it is crowded...maybe even too crowded. And, I hope we run out of dogs and drinks. It will mean we are doing something positive that people enjoy. And, if we can get membership numbers up we might even have enough cash to make these events even better. Until then we will try our best. Hopefully, more will appreciate the effort than not, and hopefully we will all have a good time.

Come on out Friday, watch the Mean Green, have a dog and a drink or two and enjoy crowding around the big screen...we look forward to seeing you.

I swear, can anyone even suggest something without you jumping all over them? It was merely a suggestion, not a complaint.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I swear, can anyone even suggest something without you jumping all over them? It was merely a suggestion, not a complaint.

Well, if you think using comments such as "hopefully they had the foresight" and "I can only imagine the epic clusterfudge" (cute try to get around what everyone knows he was saying) as making a constructive suggestion, then OK. I think the majority of folks probably saw it for what it was. But, good for you...and thanks for your thoughts. It's all the constructive comments like these that keep us all fired up as volunteers to do these sort of events.

But, perhaps I am a tad "touchy" after the firestorm of negativism the volunteers all endured after the last attempt at a BB tailgate event..perhaps you recall the kind comments from the "usual suspects" before and after that one. We'll keep trying...and since most folks know how to contact me, please feel free to share your thoughts with me (or any other of our great volunteers) before or after our events...and feel free to volunteer to help as well if you are so moved. Might give you a bit of perspective on what time and effort these things take. What I would ask, however, is that you send your comments/suggestions...and, yes, criticisms if you wish, directly to me through a PM rather than through some snide comments on a public message board. If you really are interested in helping that is....."clusterfudge" or not...I'm thinking most of the attendees will probably have a pretty good time.

• Upvote 2

What kind of napkins will you have? Individual ones or paper towels? I don't like paper towels. They had them at an away tailgate set up by the AD once and I think it caused us to lose that game. Also, will you have individual mustard and ketchup packets for the hot dogs? I don't want to have to share a bottle of mustard!

Oh, and one more thing, why BYOB? Surely somebody could have had the foresight to bring beer for everyone. I prefer mine in a chilled glass (not a mug). This is why other schools are passing us by.

If there is no Grey Poupon for the hot dogs, then I think we fire Johnny Jones immediately!

I told some of my friends about it and they really want to go.

A few questions:

1. What room in the gateway building is it going to be in?

2. Is there going to be a facebook event for it (my friend wanted to know?

I believe there is a Facebook site up...at least I know it is on my facebook page.

The Alumni Center is located at the very end of the Gateway complex...not at the main gateway area, but rather attached to the breezeway at the end nearest Mozart hall. There is a little Guard Shack in the parking lot right in front of where it is located.

The Alumni Association is in the process of sending out an announcement that will include an Eventbrite page. If you are an Alumni Association member and if they have your current and correct email address you should get some info...if not...just show up a tad before 7PM. We'll be there and you will be welcome!

• Upvote 1

I believe there is a Facebook site up...at least I know it is on my facebook page.

The Alumni Center is located at the very end of the Gateway complex...not at the main gateway area, but rather attached to the breezeway at the end nearest Mozart hall. There is a little Guard Shack in the parking lot right in front of where it is located.

The Alumni Association is in the process of sending out an announcement that will include an Eventbrite page. If you are an Alumni Association member and if they have your current and correct email address you should get some info...if not...just show up a tad before 7PM. We'll be there and you will be welcome!

Awesome! Thank you very much! We are all current students.

Ok BYOB is a go!

An Important update.

Liability issues require that a bartender serves the beer. The Alumni Association will provide free beer as long as it lasts. Anyone not wanting the beer to run out quickly may donate beer to the Alumni Association to be served by said bartender.

• Upvote 2

Appreciate the kinds words here. I think those who came had a good time...I know I did...I really want to say thanks to everyone who was able to help with our half-time drawing...all proceeds went to help a great UNT Mean Greener who is fighting to beat a terrible health issue...the funds generated will help and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous support.

You guys are great...also...want to give a shout out to oldguystudent who became a member of the Alumni Association last evening at the event. Welcome aboard! We appreciate your support indeed! Great to have you and get to know you a bit!

Great also to see the students who turned out for the event and want to say that you guys are ALWAYS welcome at any and all of our Alumni events. You guys are awesome, and it made my evening to see you all there...see you at Apogee today as well!

Thanks again folks...if you don't come to these events they would be pretty dull! Great fun last night with a good many members of the Mean Green Nation!

Now...getting ready to head to Apogee for Senior Day and a VICTORY over South Alabama!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1