Where would a win over Creighton rank in UNT Basketball history?

Harry

Biggest

Win

Ever

If we win that game, we will most likely be a top 25 team.

And that will open A LOT of eyes in the metroplex.

But, hopefully, it won't be #1 on the list for long, because the pre-season NIT finals will await...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Biggest Win Ever. So big, in fact, that LSU should immediately fire Johnny Jones!

In all seriousness, Creighton is an outstanding team and I'd be thrilled by a victory, but as good as they are, a lot of the casual sports fans in Texas are only awed by the Big Twelve schools and traditional powers like UCLA, Indiana, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

Biggest Win Ever. So big, in fact, that LSU should immediately fire Johnny Jones!

In all seriousness, Creighton is an outstanding team and I'd be thrilled by a victory, but as good as they are, a lot of the casual sports fans in Texas are only awed by the Big Twelve schools and traditional powers like UCLA, Indiana, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

I would normally agree with you, except for the fact that Creighton will be ranked between 10 and 20 in the nation when we play them. Beating them at their place would draw LOTS of attention, especially the opening weekend of the season.

Edited by UNT90

I would normally agree with you, except for the fact that Creighton will be ranked between 10 and 20 in the nation when we play them. Beating them at their place would draw LOTS of attention, especially the opening week of the season.

It would be a huge victory for North Texas but Creighton, as great as they are, are still fighting for national name recognition.

I think it would be very, very illuminating if anyone who thinks this would be The Biggest Win would also identify what game they feel would be bumped down to 2nd place.

And I think it might be pretty educational if anyone who thinks it wouldn't would mention what they feel was a bigger one.

I became a die hard fan when Vic Trilli was hired. Boy was I wrong. Still had season tickets and kept them until I moved to South Texas 7 years ago.

That being said, the biggest victory since I have been watching was over A-State to advance to the Big Dance for the 1st time in who knows how long.

It's hard too say the first game of any season would be the biggest win in program history. Basketball is a funny sport. Creighton, although unlikely, could wind up not being as good as advertised.

• Upvote 1

It would be a big win and may turn out to be one of the biggest wins in NT history but there is no way to tell that until much later.

I see a lot of comments about this team being the best in NT history. Way premature, this could be one of the best if not the best, but this team has done absolutely nothing yet.

• Upvote 1

Can't be the biggest win in the history of the program!! Mark Aguire played in Denton once. Mark Aguire people! First ballot HOF...or something. Nothing current will EVER trump something old and bloated by nostalgia.

Yes he did, but we didn't win.

• Upvote 2