Sadler vs. Cruz - where does GMG stand on this one?

I find this comment sad. I believe it is a duty for every citizen in a free nation to vote...lots of good men and women have died to protect this right......please reconsider this position and take your rightful position in this republic of ours, honor those who fought and died to protect this right and vote.

I know it's also your choice...another great thing about this republic of ours...but please....reconsider. Too late for the current election, but another will follow.

As do I. See KRAM1, we have another thing in common.

• Upvote 1

Really? It's my duty to choose between cads like John McCain and emptyhead Barak Obama? Or, still empty-headed Barak Obama and born wealthy Romney?

I'm supposed to get up for an election between Ted Cruz, a moron who talks that flat tax garbage, and that Sadler fella who can't get enough of taxing people out of their money? Neither one of them are worth the effort.

I've heard all the arguments before, and they're all stupid. No one died for my right to vote. The Revolutionary War was fought because rich land owners in America didn't want to pay more taxes. All this pretense about noble baloney.

They died because, before 1972, the government drafted them on threat of imprisonment. They died whether they wanted to die or not. And, not for my right to vote, but to keep dickholes in faraway lands from coming over here.

They died because the government sent them to protect the economic interests of the United States and its Allies. It had nothing to do with voting. Hell, even the communists hold elections.

Why do you think Germany, Italy, Britiain, America, and the Sovit Union were fighting each other in North Africa? For our right to vote? Hell no.

Control over the Suez Canal and the Arabian oil fields were crucial. Voting my ass. it was all about economic self-preservation. It always is.

Even the most recent war had nothing to do with voting. Rather, it was waged to show the baal worship maggots in the middle east that if they terrorized us on our own soil that we would open a can of technologically superior whoopass on them in the own countries.

If we go to war with Iran, it will not be about voting. It'll be about knocking that pissant Ahmadinejad's dick in the dirt once and for all.

Politicians...to hell with all of them. I'd vote for a crusty, 15 year old ding dong still half wrapped in foil before I'd throw the switch for the worthless like of Romney, Obama, Cruz, or Sadler. Blowhards.

Just look at what they do - nothing but turn people against one another in the name of whatever their political philosophy is. Screw that.

These crazy people calling me everyday to ask for money for their candidate. If an American bald eagle flew over my front lawn and crapped out so little as a penny I wouldn't give it to those maggots.

Wake the f*ck up, people. You are the only ones who can change or make your situation better. It's not Obama, Romnuts, Cruz, Sadler, or any of them. Ignore the politicians and get on with your lives. There's nothing Patriotic or noble about choosing any of them. Phony baloney.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Really? It's my duty to choose between cads like John McCain and emptyhead Barak Obama? Or, still empty-headed Barak Obama and born wealthy Romney?

I'm supposed to get up for an election between Ted Cruz, a moron who talks that flat tax garbage, and that Sadler fella who can't get enough of taxing people out of their money? Neither one of them are worth the effort.

I've heard all the arguments before, and they're all stupid. No one died for my right to vote. The Revolutionary War was fought because rich land owners in America didn't want to pay more taxes. All this pretense about noble baloney.

They died because, before 1972, the government drafted them on threat of imprisonment. They died whether they wanted to die or not. And, not for my right to vote, but to keep dickholes in faraway lands from coming over here.

They died because the government sent them to protect the economic interests of the United States and its Allies. It had nothing to do with voting. Hell, even the communists hold elections.

Why do you think Germany, Italy, Britiain, America, and the Sovit Union were fighting each other in North Africa? For our right to vote? Hell no.

Control over the Suez Canal and the Arabian oil fields were crucial. Voting my ass. it was all about economic self-preservation. It always is.

Even the most recent war had nothing to do with voting. Rather, it was waged to show the baal worship maggots in the middle east that if they terrorized us on our own soil that we would open a can of technologically superior whoopass on them in the own countries.

If we go to war with Iran, it will not be about voting. It'll be about knocking that pissant Ahmadinejad's dick in the dirt once and for all.

Politicians...to hell with all of them. I'd vote for a crusty, 15 year old ding dong still half wrapped in foil before I'd throw the switch for the worthless like of Romney, Obama, Cruz, or Sadler. Blowhards.

Just look at what they do - nothing but turn people against one another in the name of whatever their political philosophy is. Screw that.

These crazy people calling me everyday to ask for money for their candidate. If an American bald eagle flew over my front lawn and crapped out so little as a penny I wouldn't give it to those maggots.

Wake the f*ck up, people. You are the only ones who can change or make your situation better. It's not Obama, Romnuts, Cruz, Sadler, or any of them. Ignore the politicians and get on with your lives. There's nothing Patriotic or noble about choosing any of them. Phony baloney.

This whole statement is just sad.

Since all of us in this discussion who have been doing the best we can to prove our points need to wake the f*uck up as you so elegantly put it, what do you suggest we do? If we are the only ones who can change or make our situation better and voting for who we believe in doesn't do that, what should we do? Should we start another political party? Maybe you can be the leader of it, run for office and we can vote you in. Should we try to overthrow the government? Should we just leave this country cause it is all just phony baloney and I guess Canada is a much better place? There is nothing patriotic or noble about participating in a free election as you state so why partake in any of it. Why pay taxes? Why follow the laws? Why partake in anything this country has to offer. It is all phoney baloney....

It's this thought process that drives me up the wall. Sit there and complain but offer up no advice on how to make it better or what to do different other then call everyone names and tell us only we ourselves can make our situation better by doing anything other then voting because that is a waste of our time. Ted Cruz is a good man, not a moron. I have had the privilege of getting to know him and to volunteer for his campaign. He believes in this country, what it stands for, and is trying to offer what he believes are the best solutions for it. If you don't like what he has to offer, fine. Find someone else to vote for. Same for Sadler. Sadler is a good man trying to offer what he believes are the best solutions. Don't like either of them, write your own name in. Just don't sit there doing nothing and don't call these men and women who are trying to be a difference in this country by stepping out there and running for office morons, blowhards, and maggots. Writing garbage like this is what is moronic.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Downvote 1

There are many things on which I disagree with Lonnie, but that post was pretty on point. I particularly enjoyed the rare yet accurate portrayal of the motives behind the revolutionary war as opposed to the demigods we're taught to worship in middle school.

I don't consider pissing away a liberal vote in a national election, in Texas, some hallowed act of divinity. I vote in democratic primaries in Texas, and sometimes in city elections (although living in Frisco taught me that city elections are nothing more than theater where city council overrules the will of the people when the will of the people goes against Its wishes).

So I hold my political beliefs, for the most part keep my damn fool mouth shut in Texas, and go about my business.

Wow.

Marx said religion was the opiate of the masses. It may be more accurate to say that politics is the real opiate of the masses. After voting we're left with the misinformed idea that we have an effect on how we're governed. Someone (B. F. Skinner?) pointed out that the chance your vote will effect a state-wide or federal election are way less than the chance you'll be killed by being hit by a bus on the way to the polls.

I don't always agree with The Fake Lonnie Finch, but when I do it's because he's right.

There are many things on which I disagree with Lonnie, but that post was pretty on point. I particularly enjoyed the rare yet accurate portrayal of the motives behind the revolutionary war as opposed to the demigods we're taught to worship in middle school.

I don't consider pissing away a liberal vote in a national election, in Texas, some hallowed act of divinity. I vote in democratic primaries in Texas, and sometimes in city elections (although living in Frisco taught me that city elections are nothing more than theater where city council overrules the will of the people when the will of the people goes against Its wishes).

So I hold my political beliefs, for the most part keep my damn fool mouth shut in Texas, and go about my business.

Look, I don't disagree that George Washington and John Adams were probably good people. I know that Thomas Jefferson talked nobly about the slaves...while owning and screwing them.

But, get the truth...there are no names of poor, common, or middle-class among the signatories of the Declaration of Independence. I don't even care if people think they fought for a noble cause - the preservation of their wealth and land and whatnot. Fine.

What gets me is this notion that it's "patiotic" or "my duty" to choose between the "lesser of two evils."

To hell with both of the evils. If choosing between Barak Obama and Mitt Romney makes someone more patriotic than me, fine. In my eyes, it sets the "patriotic" bar pretty damn low when it gets to "lesser of two evils" mularkey.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Yes. And, you'll note that Frisco ISD has the second highest public school debt in the state next to Dallas ISD. Which adds up to...they'll be looking to us the citizens of Frisco to pony up more property tax cash in the future...these "conservatives" who run the city, I mean.

Look at the idiots - we've got about 115,000 people and soon we'll have eight high schools! Eight, Norm. Eight!

This whole statement is just sad.

Since all of us in this discussion who have been doing the best we can to prove our points need to wake the f*uck up as you so elegantly put it, what do you suggest we do? If we are the only ones who can change or make our situation better and voting for who we believe in doesn't do that, what should we do? Should we start another political party? Maybe you can be the leader of it, run for office and we can vote you in. Should we try to overthrow the government? Should we just leave this country cause it is all just phony baloney and I guess Canada is a much better place? There is nothing patriotic or noble about participating in a free election as you state so why partake in any of it. Why pay taxes? Why follow the laws? Why partake in anything this country has to offer. It is all phoney baloney....

It's this thought process that drives me up the wall. Sit there and complain but offer up no advice on how to make it better or what to do different other then call everyone names and tell us only we ourselves can make our situation better by doing anything other then voting because that is a waste of our time. Ted Cruz is a good man, not a moron. I have had the privilege of getting to know him and to volunteer for his campaign. He believes in this country, what it stands for, and is trying to offer what he believes are the best solutions for it. If you don't like what he has to offer, fine. Find someone else to vote for. Same for Sadler. Sadler is a good man trying to offer what he believes are the best solutions. Don't like either of them, write your own name in. Just don't sit there doing nothing and don't call these men and women who are trying to be a difference in this country by stepping out there and running for office morons, blowhards, and maggots. Writing garbage like this is what is moronic.

Ted Cruz = deregulate Wall Street, but regulate a woman's uterus. Yes, he is a moron.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sad....seems that many folks posting this "voting is a worthless exercise" BS must have never worn the uniform. If you think your vote doesn't matter you are sadly mistaken...many local and state-wide races are won or lost with less than 100 votes!

This, for me, is just another indication of how our schools and families have ignored this duty and right and have relegated most everything to some "if it feels good, do it" status as long as it is PC correct.

The pure ignorance of any historical perspective is truly amazing...and yes, sad.

When good people do nothing...evil wins. When people feel the privilege of voting isn't worth it...or that it doesn't matter, I give you those people in those nations who do not have this right/privilege. But, it's like "pissin' in the wind" in trying to get this point across to those who are either too blind or simply refuse to see.

These folks are usually the ones who "leave it up to someone else" to do the heavy lifting....fine, go for it. There will always be those folks who do care enough to vote and to do what they can to protect your right to do so...or in some cases...not to do so. So yes, sit back, relax...there are those who will do it for you! Thank God for those who will...

BTW...it has absolutely ZERO to do with who is or who is not running for office...that is no where near the point. Interesting how folks can rationalize things....I doubt Skinner would be happy that he was brought into this conversation...especially in the way he was...out of context and all...but, if it helps anyone to rationalize a position...OK.

VOTE...VOTE for any candidate you wish...just vote!

This thread has gotten to me in such a way that I will not be reading or posting any more in any of these threads...I just cannot take reading some of this line of reasoning any longer. It's just me, so...no harm no foul...but just cannot do it. To read the gibberish that some folks use as a rationalization for not voting is beyond me...best to just let it go.

Good luck to all in the election...sate, local and federal...you do realize that many local issues are on the ballot in many places as well...if you don't vote (and BTW...you are not voting for a person...so that line of BS doesn't hunt here) you get no say in many very important local issues. Those issues are often decided by a mere handful of votes...you vote matters and it counts...imagine that. And the government that you should be most active in and most concerned about and the one where you personally can have a big impact is the government "closest to you". You might want to think about that when you rationalize away your right to vote if nothing else...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently you and TFLF choose to completely ignore the fact that the revolutionary war wasn't just about taxation, but about taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. You guys need to go back to school(house rock).

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Get a job and quit worrying about politics.

I have a job thank goodness and many more people might have jobs too if Obama got out of the way. That's why we vote and do worry about politics.

What gets me is this notion that it's "patiotic" or "my duty" to choose between the "lesser of two evils."

You have it wrong, your only choose isn't between to the lesser of two evils. There are other candidates out there so you can vote for one of them or write in the name of the candidate you want. I am sure there is one out there who's view points line up to yours. At least your voice would be heard instead of sitting at home and giving up.

Ted Cruz = deregulate Wall Street, but regulate a woman's uterus. Yes, he is a moron.

Why is it that those on the left are so quick to name call and throw out insults? It's a characteristic of the democratic side that I just don't get. I'll state the obvious here... he isn't regulating a woman's uterus, he is protecting the life of that baby who that woman created.

Sad....seems that many folks posting this "voting is a worthless exercise" BS must have never worn the uniform. If you think your vote doesn't matter you are sadly mistaken...many local and state-wide races are won or lost with less than 100 votes!

This, for me, is just another indication of how our schools and families have ignored this duty and right and have relegated most everything to some "if it feels good, do it" status as long as it is PC correct.

The pure ignorance of any historical perspective is truly amazing...and yes, sad.

When good people do nothing...evil wins. When people feel the privilege of voting isn't worth it...or that it doesn't matter, I give you those people in those nations who do not have this right/privilege. But, it's like "pissin' in the wind" in trying to get this point across to those who are either too blind or simply refuse to see.

These folks are usually the ones who "leave it up to someone else" to do the heavy lifting....fine, go for it. There will always be those folks who do care enough to vote and to do what they can to protect your right to do so...or in some cases...not to do so. So yes, sit back, relax...there are those who will do it for you! Thank God for those who will...

BTW...it has absolutely ZERO to do with who is or who is not running for office...that is no where near the point. Interesting how folks can rationalize things....I doubt Skinner would be happy that he was brought into this conversation...especially in the way he was...out of context and all...but, if it helps anyone to rationalize a position...OK.

VOTE...VOTE for any candidate you wish...just vote!

This thread has gotten to me in such a way that I will not be reading or posting any more in any of these threads...I just cannot take reading some of this line of reasoning any longer. It's just me, so...no harm no foul...but just cannot do it. To read the gibberish that some folks use as a rationalization for not voting is beyond me...best to just let it go.

Good luck to all in the election...sate, local and federal...you do realize that many local issues are on the ballot in many places as well...if you don't vote (and BTW...you are not voting for a person...so that line of BS doesn't hunt here) you get no say in many very important local issues. Those issues are often decided by a mere handful of votes...you vote matters and it counts...imagine that. And the government that you should be most active in and most concerned about and the one where you personally can have a big impact is the government "closest to you". You might want to think about that when you rationalize away your right to vote if nothing else...

Right on Sir, I'll still be here to fight the good fight and try to bring common sense to a forum that is lacking it from some of our friends.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently you and TFLF choose to completely ignore the fact that the revolutionary war wasn't just about taxation, but about taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. You guys need to go back to school(house rock).

My history degree tells me it was about ultimate control of property, but I'll defer to your Schoolhouse Rock, a much more authoritative source.

• Upvote 2

Why is it that those on the left are so quick to name call and throw out insults? It's a characteristic of the democratic side that I just don't get. I'll state the obvious here... he isn't regulating a woman's uterus, he is protecting the life of that baby who that woman created.

A real insult would be 50+ year old males defining what rape is to a woman. He is attempting to make a woman have a baby of a man that she did not consent to have intercourse with. And it isn't anyone's business what a woman does with her body anyway, certainly not old, male politicians.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh I know! Those lefties are always calling people names, conservatives or people that make money off calling themselves would never do that...

Godless: The Church of Liberalism by Ann Coulter (Ann Coulter calling liberals godless, cute)

Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man by David T. Hardy (pretty self explanatory, kind of agree with it, but still name calling)

Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America by Ann Coulter (yup liberals are demonic, are you effing kidding me?!)

Then there's this,

"I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard," Coulter calling the President a "retard"

“Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?”

~Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton on his 1993 television show (That's right, he was picking on a 13 year old.)

“What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.”

~Rush Limbaugh, referring to Sandra Fluke

And that's just scratching the surface. So please quit with the, name calling is a liberal lefty thing, it's ridiculous, it's both sides. I'm not saying this is right for either side to do, I wish we could elevate the conversation and not take it to the lowest common denominator, but it's certainly not a one sided thing.

• Upvote 6

A real insult would be 50+ year old males defining what rape is to a woman. He is attempting to make a woman have a baby of a man that she did not consent to have intercourse with. And it isn't anyone's business what a woman does with her body anyway, certainly not old, male politicians.

Let me first start my response to this by stating that I am pro life and do not believe in abortion except when it is needed to save the mother's life or in the case of rape. I think you will find that is a very common belief amongst many republicans. Now since this forum is about Cruz vs Sadler that is where I will keep the topic. There are some republicans and republican candidates that have made some unfortunate comments about abortion in regard to rape that I don't agree with, but we will keep this on Cruz since that is who you are accusing here.

"He is attempting to make a woman have a baby of a man that she did not consent to have intercourse with." Where is your proof that Cruz has ever said anything like this? That is a very serious thing to throw out there without backing it up. Please provide one article, one interview, one video clip of Cruz ever stating this. How is he attempting to make a woman who was raped have a baby? How? If you can show me something that has him in his own words saying this is what he is attempting to do, I'll hand it to you on a job well done in knowing him better then I do.

As far it being anyone's business, it isn't anyone's business what a woman does with her body until there is a second human life involved which happens at conception. At that point it is our duty to protect that life and give it the same chances his or her's mother had.