Casual observation....ISN'T THIS FUN!

trussbussdad

Since Tuesday night, the talk has gone from what a great game ...to picking everyone except the equipment manager to mvp...to predictions for the rest of the year...to serving beer next year at Apogee.

MY WHAT A WIN ON NAT'L TV WILL DO FOR THE MEAN GREEN!!!

Keep it up boys...WE GOT YOUR 6!!!

• Upvote 6

And further evidence that we have the most bipolar, knee-jerk fanbase in the country.

Go to an AQ board sometime, like TTech, and you won't believe your eyes. At least we know where we stand around here, most weak AQ school fanbases are way, way more extreme than us.

Edited by MDH

And further evidence that we have the most bipolar, knee-jerk fanbase in the country.

You don't read many other college fan message boards? The reactions on GMG are mild if anything. Standard operating procedures after a loss is to pan the QB and coaches and lose all prospective. After a win, the staff and players generally get a reprieve until the next loss.

If we lose at MTSU this board will whiplash itself back to the other extreme. However, like others have said this board isn't as bad as many boards.

The chat during the game went to all extremes. We started out cautious ... slowly sinking towards the negative at the first half wore on ... hit the lowest point after we got stuffed at the goal line ... and then rose to great heights of positive-ness by the end of the game.

You don't read many other college fan message boards? The reactions on GMG are mild if anything. Standard operating procedures after a loss is to pan the QB and coaches and lose all prospective. After a win, the staff and players generally get a reprieve until the next loss.

I think our fan base is actually pretty level-headed for the most part.

Threads after the losses to LSU and K-State were cheerful for the good parts (ahem, moral victories), as they should be when our rebuilding team is up against VERY established programs.

The loss to Troy was completely unacceptable and the vitrol on GMG.com was well deserved. Worst performance I've seen from a McCarney coached team.

Threads after the Houston loss were insightful, and mostly derailed by the Cougar Troll.

Threads after the win against TXSouthern were partly praise, and partly concern, as they should have been.

Threads after the win against FAU were tame. We beat a bad team we were supposed to beat.

Now, this week, we beat the reigning SBC champ at home on national TV! We should be elated.

Only a few zealots, or trolls were here to poo-poo the performances of the team so far this year.

Go to an AQ board sometime, like TTech, and you won't believe your eyes. At least we know where we stand around here, most weak AQ school fanbases are way, way more extreme than us.

I think our fan base is actually pretty level-headed for the most part.

Threads after the losses to LSU and K-State were cheerful for the good parts (ahem, moral victories), as they should be when our rebuilding team is up against VERY established programs.

The loss to Troy was completely unacceptable and the vitrol on GMG.com was well deserved. Worst performance I've seen from a McCarney coached team.

Threads after the Houston loss were insightful, and mostly derailed by the Cougar Troll.

Threads after the win against TXSouthern were partly praise, and partly concern, as they should have been.

Threads after the win against FAU were tame. We beat a bad team we were supposed to beat.

Now, this week, we beat the reigning SBC champ at home on national TV! We should be elated.

Only a few zealots, or trolls were here to poo-poo the performances of the team so far this year.

My point being, we read way too much into one game. I agree that the K-State and ULL games were good performances, and the Troy game was terrible. But everyone wants to rewrite the entire season after every one of those games. The fact that we had a good second half against ULL does not tell me that we're going to run the table the rest of the season, although it might show us that it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. Losing to Troy that way did not prove that our team is terrible, although it showed we are capable of playing terribly at times. One game does not a season make, but you sure wouldn't guess it by reading this board the day after a game.

• Upvote 1