The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

TAMS students, or as GL2G calls them, teeny boppers, are earning college credits for the courses tbey are taking which makes them students of the university. These kids, as glick mentioned, are the best and brightest. To discredit their accomplishments is assinine at best.

• Upvote 1

So...let's get back on the original topic of football.

I say our offense is too fast, too strong, too powerful. Piland has too many weapons. Thompson won't be able to move the ball on the Cougar Defense.

That vaunted defense that has stopped TSU-SM, UCLA, Rice, etc... Okay.

• Upvote 1

TAMS students, or as GL2G calls them, teeny boppers, are earning college credits for the courses tbey are taking which makes them students of the university. These kids, as glick mentioned, are the best and brightest. To discredit their accomplishments is assinine at best.

Not to mention that they're actually technically university students and not high school students. TAMS has a TEA exemption so you don't have to take courses like Health, etc. as the normal state requirements go. Also, once you're in TAMS, you aren't required to graduate from high school to get a college degree. After your first year, you could transfer to another University or simply "drop out" of TAMS and continue taking courses at North Texas (as you're already enrolled there). Regardless, they are residents on campus at the University of North Texas. But, it's no surprise he doesn't want to count them. Gotta keep that target moving once you've been demonstrated to be a fraud.

Heck, he can't even count the number of residents halls on campus.

• Upvote 1

they are high school kids that will get a high school diploma and some of their classes will count as university credit just like at most any large high school in Texas

Actually, ALL of their classes count as university credit, because they're actually taking university courses. They don't have to take AP tests. That, and they can transfer from North Texas to another university before they actually complete TAMS. Once you're in TAMS, you're in college.

• Upvote 1

oh

straight from US News' website "To see full rankings, SAT/ACT scores, scholarship and grant information, graduation rates, and more, sign up for the U.S. News College Compass!"...well, i have that, nice try though...but we are #203...i will screenshot if you like...we are ranked similarily in princeton as a "best in the west" although that is a meaningless award...same acceptance rate, though, you just can't handle that, can you...

furthermore, all your points about "professional students" has proven that UH is good at some things, more noticeably things that are considered professional, than unT, which is a highly liberal arts based school...

i don't think you understand what the cars thing means, really...it means that at the very maximum 36% of students are commuters...probably more like 30% once you count the kids in dorms...the rest live in walking distance or do not have a permit with the school, thus they can't be commuters unless they park by sack n save...

all you've proven with the beds is that houston has more beds than north Texas...not that there are more people living on campus...as said before, our statistics show that we have more % of kids on campus than UH does...and these aren't ranking, just statistical polls, facts...but you don't like my statistical facts...

you also were true to form, discounting my widely accepted facts because you disagreed with them...will the madness ever end...if unT were such a "commuter" school why would texas send its best and brightest to a place where no one lived...oh yeah, they wouldn't...

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That vaunted defense that has stopped TSU-SM, UCLA, Rice, etc... Okay.

I recall this D forcing numerous turnovers onUCLA and we shut out Rice until garbage time, so your argument is invalid. Nonetheless, we are talking about UNT not Rice, not UCLA, not Texas State. (They actually do not like being called TSU, they prefer TXST)

You keep hyping up this defense. This defense has not faced a high-powered offense yet. Don't even bring up Troy, because not only do they not run a high-tempo offense like UH but to compare the two schools in general is an insult.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do I keep getting pulled back in to this thread?

I keep thinking actual football talk will be going on, but I'm always let down.

Tell me about it.

All I want is someone willing to put together a Sonmi outfit so I won't stick out alone in my Papa Song costume, and every response is just a disappointment.

UNT and UH provide a good education. No one in any field is impressed by you name dropping either of these schools. With Jazz studies being the possible exception. Arguing who is 183 vs 203 is like two midgets battling over who is the tallest. So how about we talk some football and cut the crap?

If this was a home game for us I would feel more confident. To leave Houston with a victory we will need the best defensive performance of the year and great play out of the o-line. This would be the game for jimmerson to have a breakout performance.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1

UNT and UH provide a good education. No one in any field is impressed by you name dropping either of these schools. With Jazz studies being the possible exception. Arguing who is 183 vs 203 is like two midgets battling over who is the tallest. So how about we talk some football and cut the crap?

If this was a home game for us I would feel more confident. To leave Houston with a victory we will need the best defensive performance of the year and great play out of the o-line. This would be the game for jimmerson to have a breakout performance.

Not only that, but Thompson would also need to try and get things going through the air. The key to the game for North Texas, is to keep the Houston O off the field. When Houston's no huddle starts clicking, the D will be gassed after a while and it will be difficult to keep up with the points being scored.

I recall this D forcing numerous turnovers onUCLA and we shut out Rice until garbage time, so your argument is invalid. Nonetheless, we are talking about UNT not Rice, not UCLA, not Texas State. (They actually do not like being called TSU, they prefer TXST)

You keep hyping up this defense. This defense has not faced a high-powered offense yet. Don't even bring up Troy, because not only do they not run a high-tempo offense like UH but to compare the two schools in general is an insult.

How many points has your Cougar defense given up in each game? You mention they played well against UCLA. How many points did UCLA score?

UH has played TSU-SM, UCLA, Rice, etc... NT has played #3 LSU, TX Southern, #15 Kansas State and a Troy offense with a highly rated QB running the show. I'll take our D over your's any day.

By the way, I hadn't brought up our defense, you did.

Tell me about it.

All I want is someone willing to put together a Sonmi outfit so I won't stick out alone in my Papa Song costume, and every response is just a disappointment.

Here is some football for Eastwood:

The truth is singular. UNT will win on Saturday. It's 'versions' are mistruths being spread by Cougar King, NTXCoog, and GL2Greatness.

The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning...

Here is some football for Eastwood:

The truth is singular. UNT will win on Saturday. It's 'versions' are mistruths being spread by Cougar King, NTXCoog, and GL2Greatness.

The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning...

And what makes you think this? What will be your excuse if the Eagles Mean Green lose?

It is not separate, actually. Many of the hotel and restaurant employees are HRM students. It's a fully functioning hotel with conference areas and classrooms. We would have booked our room there this weekend, but we got a pretty great rate at the Hilton Americas in downtown instead.

See, I mentioned going to Houston this weekend... because we're going to the football game... which means I posted about football and stayed on topi--

Aw, hell, I tried, anyway.

Sorry for showing my UH igonrance. But is the UH Hilton College completely separate to the Hilton Hotel that is on campus?

It seems it might be a logical link since a lot of the hospitality degree deals with hotels.

Not only that, but Thompson would also need to try and get things going through the air. The key to the game for North Texas, is to keep the Houston O off the field. When Houston's no huddle starts clicking, the D will be gassed after a while and it will be difficult to keep up with the points being scored.

Thompson does not need to win the game for us just good enough to keep you from stacking the box.

If I remember correctly Sothern Miss ran the ball well last year controlling the clock and then capitalized on your mistakes. That should be our plan. We do not have the QB to get into a shoot out but we do have the defense to prevent one if we can give them a rest.

It is not separate, actually. Many of the hotel and restaurant employees are HRM students. It's a fully functioning hotel with conference areas and classrooms. We would have booked our room there this weekend, but we got a pretty great rate at the Hilton Americas in downtown instead.

See, I mentioned going to Houston this weekend... because we're going to the football game... which means I posted about football and stayed on topi--

Aw, hell, I tried, anyway.

Just as well, the HRM grad probably would have messed up your reservation anyway.

Sorry, that was a softball...

Just as well, the HRM undergrad probably would have messed up your reservation anyway.

Fixed that for ya. Lol.

I've never stayed there (although I did have a class in there once or twice) but it is a pretty nice hotel. Nicer than one would probably think, anyway, when they think of a hotel being on a college campus.

This GL2 guy may have actually topped Cougar King in the weak smack department. Hotel rooms and campus beds and blah blah blah. I like how he chooses which stats are credible and which ones to toss out.

My thoughts exactly. I was going to state that in a response to his previous post but didn't want to crowd the thread with that novel again lol

special program that is great.....the special program for high school kids that when you ask them what they are going to do after they graduate from high school at north Texas they answer "go to a good university"

Ha Those kids are pretty much geniuses. My senior year one of their classes ran late and I met a student that had acceptance letters from Yale and Columbia...