The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

And there is no way in hell there was 30,000 people at the UH v. Rice game

Were you there? Were there 16k at UNT/MTSU last year? Were there 22k vs TSU?

UH is proud of the attendance growth we've had in the last 3-4 years and we'll talk about it. Most of us are smart enough to not talk attendance smack though because 1) It may go back down if we start sucking 2) It's still not a huge number in the world of college football.

With that said, I find it amazing that some UNT fans are trying to talk smack about UH attendance. Those guys need to look in the mirror. No sell outs at a brand new stadium and the largest crowd was partially due to the grand opening with huge help from UH fans.

• Upvote 1

Were you there? Were there 16k at UNT/MTSU last year? Were there 22k vs TSU?

UH is proud of the attendance growth we've had in the last 3-4 years and we'll talk about it. Most of us are smart enough to not talk attendance smack though because 1) It may go back down if we start sucking 2) It's still not a huge number in the world of college football.

With that said, I find it amazing that some UNT fans are trying to talk smack about UH attendance. Those guys need to look in the mirror. No sell outs at a brand new stadium and the largest crowd was partially due to the grand opening with huge help from UH fans.

Yes to both.

MTSU had all of the hoity-toity people in the club/suites, then everyone else mass exodused up under the awning of the club level. I've never seen that area so full. Then, alot of people left at halftime when it was apparent that the game was in hand because the weather was so bad.

TSU game. Absolutely. And actually, there were more at the Troy game, but as discussed before, something was wrong with the gate scanners so not everyone was counted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We're having fun here, no?

You're walking out? :goodjob:

We are on gomeangreen.com after all. It's not like we are going on to someone else's message board and chastizing them for defending their school. I can only imagine what would happen on coogfans if UNT fans went over there and started posting obvious attempts to draw people offsides Lighten up.

I don't know. If you predicted a UNT victory in your first post over there, even a blowout, I highly doubt you'd get "NTSU" comments or whatever the UNT equivalent insult is to Cougar High. You'd probably get some very strong disagreements and probably some athletic snobbery, but I doubt you'd get attacks on the school itself.

Hell, if you said Piland sucks and Levine sucks and the defense sucks, you'd probably get too much agreement there.

• Upvote 2

My optimistic prediction:

UNT - 27

Houston - 23

My realistic prediction:

UNT - 17

Houston - 31

Piland will have more yards than DT, but luckily DT should get plenty of help from Jim Jim & Co. One thing people should realize after they're temporarily done squabbling is UNT has a great advantage in this game, and that our propensity to win the turnover battle. We have a secondary very capable of making plays so if we can get a decent pass rush look for multiple picks. If the O can keep the ball off the turf and DT can keep from trying to do too much we will have a good shot come the fourth quarter. Also we need special teams to step up. If this game is not close in the fourth quarter in either team's favor it will be a surprise.

Piland and Levine coupled with our defense is why we have a chance.

I think everyone agrees on that.

But Piland can be anywhere too. Against La Tech he threw for 580 yards and set an FBS record for most passes in a game without an interception with 77, earning him CUSA offensive player of the week honors. 49 points should be enough to win a game, but then again, so should 63.

You're walking out? :goodjob:

No, is that ok with you?

I don't know. If you predicted a UNT victory in your first post over there, even a blowout, I highly doubt you'd get "NTSU" comments or whatever the UNT equivalent insult is to Cougar High. You'd probably get some very strong disagreements and probably some athletic snobbery, but I doubt you'd get attacks on the school itself.

Hell, if you said Piland sucks and Levine sucks and the defense sucks, you'd probably get too much agreement there.

Go back and read Cougar King's posts. I'll help you.

Starts with a post on oppoents message board about how Houston is going to win. Fair enough, some may even agree with him, oddsmakers do.

A few replies with Cougar High references, many without. Several fairly mild posts back and forth. Good banter.

Post #30 Cougar King makes a direct challenge/threat toward our fans students if they dare cheer for our team.

Post #33 Cougar King implies violence did/will happen to visiting fans resulting in UH fans leaving in handcuffs.

Couple of posts by CaribbeanGreen, first one insulted value/condition of the Rob.

Which brings us to post #48 by Cougar King. Here is excerpt that got it started:

...We are heading to an AQ conference, you guys are just another directional school. We ARE NOT brothers in arms, you ARE NOT our equals. You guys couldn't get into the SWC back in the day. You guys are overshadowed and outrecruited by SMU of all schools.

WE put players in the NFL, you guys generally don't. We have produced Heisman candidates. You're lucky to have one of your players on the All-SunBelt team. We have T-Shirt fans in our city, our city hall was decorated in Cougar Red. Denton supports a women's college more than UNT. You don't want to play this game with me.

This provoked several responses equal to his flame. Again, thanks for chastizing us on our board for standing up for our school when being provoked by one of your fans.

Edited by CurveItAround

Go back and read Cougar King's posts. I'll help you.

Starts with a post on oppoents message board about how Houston is going to win. Fair enough, some may even agree with him, oddsmakers do.

A few replies with Cougar High references, many without. Several fairly mild posts back and forth. Good banter.

Post #30 Cougar King makes a direct challenge/threat toward our fans students if they dare cheer for our team.

Post #33 Cougar King implies violence did/will happen to visiting fans resulting in UH fans leaving in handcuffs.

Couple of posts by CaribbeanGreen, first one insulted value/condition of the Rob.

Which brings us to post #48 by Cougar King. Here is excerpt that got it started:

...We are heading to an AQ conference, you guys are just another directional school. We ARE NOT brothers in arms, you ARE NOT our equals. You guys couldn't get into the SWC back in the day. You guys are overshadowed and outrecruited by SMU of all schools.

WE put players in the NFL, you guys generally don't. We have produced Heisman candidates. You're lucky to have one of your players on the All-SunBelt team. We have T-Shirt fans in our city, our city hall was decorated in Cougar Red. Denton supports a women's college more than UNT. You don't want to play this game with me.

This provoked several responses equal to his flame. Again, thanks for chastizing us on our board for standing up for our school when being provoked by one of your fans.

Re-read bro.

I was ignoring the Cougar High remarks which was actually the provoking until Caribbean Green started the fire. Yeah, I hit you guys where it hurt, but that was more so in a response to Caribbean Green's lack of facts. Don't act like you guys are innocent.

Don't tell me you honestly thought I was going to come on here and say UH was going to lose.

Edited by Cougar King

So basically all of the UNT folks got mad because I said I don't see this game being very close for long because Sims, Greenberry, Spencer, McDuffie and Piland when he gets hot were too much for their defense...

We'll have to wait and find out. I don't know if you've seen our defense play but they are pretty stout this year, especially in the secondary. We have a rs frosh cornerback Zac Whitfield who is a converted running back and has been burned a few times but has also made some spectacular plays that few could make. Other than those few times our secondary has at least kept everything in front of them, so this should make for a good matchup.

Also, I like Dewayne Peace as a receiver and I played against Andrew Rodriguez a few times in high school and thought he'd work out well in Houston. I saw he had about 80 yards the first game but nothing since. Did he get hurt or did he just get passed on the depth chart?

Have fun with our sloppy seconds and the new start-up schools, we'll be tuning into our games with Boise, UCF, Rutgers and Louisville to name a few. We'll take our TV Deal, our millions of dollars and new 45k seat stadium. By the way, AQ goes away after the 2013 season and therefor we will be one of the haves while you continue your lowly existence of being a have-not.

Calling yourself a have now? You get one year of money, then watch what happens. Your new conference mates are so impressed with you, they are doing anything they can to get away from your smelly rear end. Your conference TV deal will crater after Louisville and USF leave for the ACC, Boise gets in AMY conference but the Least, because they already don't want to be there, and Rutgers??? Seriously??? That's an attendance killing game, right there.

Losing ND in basketball was 10 times the loss for the Least than both you guys and Smoo will be in all sports for CUSA. But congrats on your association with Smoo. It seems you both have delusions of grandeur (SMU and this particular Houston poster).

Speaking of sloppy seconds, I guess that's what you guys are to our new conference mate. USM. After all, they did fornicate y'all right out of the ONLY BCS bowl opportunity you guys had and will have for the next 10 years (even after "BCS" is no more).

You lost your coach to TAM, you hired a guy willing to blame his staff (great lesson on accountability), you cant beat an FBS start up, and all you are left with is empty bravado on an opponent's web site.

In a way, I feel sorry for you guys.

• Upvote 2

No, we often get annoyed when arrogant fans start spreading weak smack across our board. You should be above that; your school does bring in 4 and 5-star recruits after all. You are aware that your Rivals page shows tons of 2 and 3 star recruits with an occasional 4 sprinkled in over the past five years right? Oh, whoops...Scout does show you with one 5-star, my mistake. Hardly worthy of beating your chest over all of your 4 and 5-star recruits.