Lets win out I can see 10-2

KingDL1

I have liked what I have seen out of this team as have many others this year. Yesterday in Manhattan, Kansas we might has well have been playing a conference game we were in it the whole way. It was said that these body bag games would become opportunity games one day, well I am here to tell you that day has come! I think if we stay healthy and continue to improve we can win the rest of our games this season. I believe as Coach McCarney builds this team and adds depth the top 25 is in our future.

Who wishes Arkansas was on our schedule this year, Alabama pummeled them 52-0.

LSU plays Auburn next Saturday that should be enlightening.

June Jones? Who's that? I wish we were playing them this year.

Anyone not think Houston is a winnable game now?

Kind of makes you feel sorry for the Big East.

Most of all while watching our game yesterday, and afterwards I really felt:

WE BELONG!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I have liked what I have seen out of this team as have many others this year. Yesterday in Manhattan, Kansas we might has well have been playing a conference game we were in it the whole way. It was said that these body bag games would become opportunity games one day, well I am here to tell you that day has come! I think if we stay healthy and continue to improve we can win the rest of our games this season. I believe as Coach McCarney builds this team and adds depth the top 25 is in our future.

Who wishes Arkansas was on our schedule this year, Alabama pummeled them 52-0.

LSU plays Auburn next Saturday that should be enlightening.

June Jones? Who's that? I wish we were playing them this year.

Anyone not think Houston is a winnable game now?

Kind of makes you feel sorry for the Big East.

Most of all while watching our game yesterday, and afterwards I really felt:

WE BELONG!!!!!!!

You sir have gorged yourself on too much green cool aid and now you seem to have a buzz...that said, this one of the very few addictions I can heartily reccomend

Edited by outoftown

Is it really drinking kool-aid if you say we can win 10 games this year?

Like I said, if we play every game like we did against KSU, how is it not plausible?

sorry did not put in the quote meant the first poster...

Well if you say that it is humanly thinkable, then no, not too much green coolaid.... if you imply that 10-2 is probable, then I fear it is. A 8-4 season would be a great success in my book. 6-6 I would already take and not bitch about it

Edited by outoftown

I can say considering the progress I have witnessed in our program in the last year and half, I have never felt so good about where we are going.

The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

Coach Dan McCarney seems to be living up to Hayden Fry's legacy.

• Upvote 1

I knew you were quoting original poster.

But I agree with you, I don't think 10-2 is probable (no one should). However, if and only if, we play like we did against KSU for every game then 10-2 is plausible.

I think it will be tough to play every quarter like we did against KSU but we are capable of it.

I think at this point five win season is out of the question. We need more. We need a bowl game.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

But I agree with you, I don't think 10-2 is probable (no one should). However, if and only if, we play like we did against KSU for every game then 10-2 is plausible.

I think it will be tough to play every quarter like we did against KSU but we are capable of it.

I think at this point five win season is out of the question. We need more. We need a bowl game.

Yes a bowl game with this team should really be possible, if not a must. And with all the ineligble teams this year 6-6 teams are verrrry improbable to be left out

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE on the football team should think it is probable, not possible. If they don't then Coach Mac will tell them they don't belong at North Texas. #Gottabelieve

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE on the football team should think it is probable, not possible. If they don't then Coach Mac will tell them they don't belong at North Texas. #Gottabelieve

I 100% agree.

I'm not on the football team and most of us who post here are not either. I still say that 10-2 is not probable and us, on the board, should not think it is probable. Plausible, but not probable.

I should have clarified my statement and said no one on the board. I seriously hope the team thinks that 10-2 is probable. They should have thought 13-0 was probable and if not they shouldn't be on the team.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

I sure wish I cad come away from this game as optimistic as everyone else seems to have. There were a lot of positives and I sure loved the physicality... but more than anything I came away with the same old same ole feeling of a team that cant handle success. Be it the kick return allowed right after the TD or the missed EP after that amazing drive to start the second half, or the blocked FG... When is this program going to get to the point where these kind of things are an aberration from the norm?

Strangely, I felt much better after the LSU game than this one.

Edited by Green P1
  • Downvote 1

Really doubt we go 10-2, but it isn't impossible. Every game from now on is winnable, without question. I just think a few of them will be determined by one or two plays that could go either way, and don't think we'll have that much luck to win all of those. I'm still sticking to my 7-5 prediction and a bowl game. We may even get to 8-4. I just still see many inconsistencies and gaps in this team in order to be so dominant the rest of this year. Next year, I think we compete for the CUSA title and with this coaching staff, we'll get a 10-2 or better record in the future.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

Don't forget everyone, this team has just 11 scholarship seniors. This team is young and is only going to continue to improve as the season continues. Inexperienced teams make inexperienced mistakes. This has the look of our best team since 2004 and we will return almost completely intact going into our first C-USA season. I can't wait to see how we do in conference play since we know we can hang with anyone on the road and we play well at home.

• Upvote 1

We are the best coached we have been in nearly 40 years or better.

I can't stress that enough. How great is it knowing we have a real coaching staff. I never feel we're out of a game or worry that this team won't be prepared with this staff.

I hate to beat up on the previous staff but wow, what a difference.

I sure wish I cad come away from this game as optimistic as everyone else seems to have. There were a lot of positives and I sure loved the physicality... but more than anything I came away with the same old same ole feeling of a team that cant handle success. Be it the kick return allowed right after the TD or the missed EP after that amazing drive to start the second half, or the blocked FG... When is this program going to get to the point where these kind of things are an aberration from the norm?

Strangely, I felt much better after the LSU game than this one.

Really like your post. Until we stop doing those things you mentioned, we won't win a game like this. It was the same with the Dickey years. We'd play great defense and then our offense would go three and out, and then punt and give up a punt return for a touchdown.

back in '88 (i know we lost the game at UT) we didn't do that sort of stuff. We'd play hard and then finish.

Playing it close is for losers. I think that's what Mac has been trying to get through to not only the players but the whole program including us.

• Upvote 1

Really like your post. Until we stop doing those things you mentioned, we won't win a game like this. It was the same with the Dickey years. We'd play great defense and then our offense would go three and out, and then punt and give up a punt return for a touchdown.

back in '88 (i know we lost the game at UT) we didn't do that sort of stuff. We'd play hard and then finish.

Playing it close is for losers. I think that's what Mac has been trying to get through to not only the players but the whole program including us.

I don't remember us ever looking this solid under Dickey, but the amount of improvement from when Coach McCarney arrived to now is everything I could have hoped. I see us improving still and the issues being fixed as we go. We are a young team and this is only the beginning of the second year of this new coaching staff. I can see us having a winning season this year, heck I do expect a winning season this season.

• Upvote 2

No one else noticing how it would be almost impossible to have a 10-2 record (instead of 10-3 or 11-2) ?

You are correct, I was only considering our scheduled season, but I will go ahead and say it if we go 10-2 with our schedule I feel we will finish the season with a 11-2 season. How is that?

Missed you at tailgating.

• Upvote 1