White Out Game

Green Otaku

Or a spirit group? But yes, the department could organize this. They have been given ideas in the past.

Right. I just don't want what appears to be an already taxed Athletic Department to have to involve themseleves in the GB's/Cheerleaders/Talons/Greek/etc... responsibilities, diverting them from their own responsibilities.

Right. I just don't want what appears to be an already taxed Athletic Department to have to involve themseleves in the GB's/Cheerleaders/Talons/Greek/etc... responsibilities, diverting them from their own responsibilities.

Wrong.

The Athletic Director is the CEO of gameday. EVERYTHING related to gameday.

- If there is a problem with lack of staffing in concessions, it is the AD's issue to deal with.

- If there is a problem with security staff, it is the AD's issue to deal with

- If there is a problem with gameday atmosphere, it is the AD's issue to deal with.

- If there is a problem with referee's microphones (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!), it is the AD's issue to deal with.

Get the concept? I'm not saying the AD needs to write the cheers, but he is for darn sure responsibile for the train wreck that not having competent cheers has become. His job is to fix the problem. Make it happen. Work with the cheerleaders, janitors, I don't care who it is but his job is to make sure that happens because it enhances gameday and increases attendance.

RV is the maestro of gameday and at right now, one section of his "staff" has issues. Facilitate a solution.

What's that? Cheerleaders aren't paid? We shouldn't' hurt their feelings?

- Yes, you are correct. That's why they need help from outside sources.

Look if you have to call in the Aggie white shirt dudes for a consult, do it.

...No shame in that at all. That's what CEO's do. They hire outside consultants.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wrong.

The Athletic Director is the CEO of gameday. EVERYTHING related to gameday.

- If there is a problem with lack of staffing in concessions, it is the AD's issue to deal with.

- If there is a problem with security staff, it is the AD's issue to deal with

- If there is a problem with gameday atmosphere, it is the AD's issue to deal with.

- If there is a problem with referee's microphones (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!), it is the AD's issue to deal with.

Get the concept? I'm not saying the AD needs to write the cheers, but he is for darn sure responsibile for the train wreck that not having competent cheers has become. His job is to fix the problem. Make it happen. Work with the cheerleaders, janitors, I don't care who it is but his job is to make sure that happens because it enhances gameday and increases attendance.

RV is the maestro of gameday and at right now, one section of his "staff" has issues. Facilitate a solution.

What's that? Cheerleaders aren't paid? We shouldn't' hurt their feelings?

- Yes, you are correct. That's why they need help from outside sources.

Look if you have to call in the Aggie white shirt dudes for a consult, do it.

...No shame in that at all. That's what CEO's do. They hire outside consultants.

All of the points you listed out are absolutely the domain of the athletic department (except for the "gameday atmosphere" part, that is kinda vague). You are correct. And there are a ton of other areas that the AD must concern themselves with prior-to, and on gameday.

I think we've seen RV get out time and again and actually motivate the students himself (just about every mens b-ball game comes to mind). But this is not his responsibility. He or his staff shouldn't need to do this, they're busy enough with other areas of game-day prep... especially the dang mics. What the heck is the problem?!?

• Upvote 1

All of the points you listed out are absolutely the domain of the athletic department (except for the "gameday atmosphere" part, that is kinda vague). You are correct. And there are a ton of other areas that the AD must concern themselves with prior-to, and on gameday.

I hear ya.

I'm just tired settling for "just ok".

Sooooo tired. Tired of settling. I'm sorry but we deserve more. All of us deserve the best possible gameday atmosphere.

Silver is right. We need more pageantry. Is isn't enough to just win games. I...(WE!!!) want more.

Raise the bar on all of it. Is it a money issue?

I don't know, maybe it is, but my gut is NO, we just need more organization, coordination and planning.

I see other game days and I think, wow - amazing. I see ours and I see. well. minor league.

Am I asking for too much? Well sorry. I want to win. EVERYTHING. Win in all areas.

Sorry but I ain't settlin' any more.

• Upvote 3

That's the point of the thread!

But seriously. We're the Mean Green, not the Mean White.

Let's finish filling the stands before we worry about how to dress them.

I would be fine with a Green Out, or a White Out.

"...Cheer for the Green & White...". This would be one of those areas that the AD would spear-head. It is a large-scale promotion. I'll continue to wear green until otherwise told.

Um, Green Out's are pointless. Most people are already doing that. The point of a (Insert_Color_Here) Out is to do something different. You then have people either buying a shirt (revenue) or receiving a shirt (promo). Either way that's what a promotion is. It's not having everybody just wear their green shirt they normally do.

• Upvote 1

That's the point of the thread!

But seriously. We're the Mean Green, not the Mean White.

Let's finish filling the stands before we worry about how to dress them.

I think your on to something here.

Names:

Mean White Night

Albino Squirrel Night

Think of the possibilities!!!! :P

On a serious note, white does have tradition in our school, "Cheer for the Green and White!" and "Singing glory to the green, singing glory to the white."I think a lot of the people who are against it are because it is not a current tradition. If it had been around for the lat 20-30 years it would be something people love and a staple of our school. Traditions have to start somewhere. Do people not like the Eagle bust at Apogee? Isn't that too much like Howard's Rock at Clemson? If we never did anything new we would still be North Texas State, or North Texas Normal College. Stop being stubborn you old geezers

:P

Um, Green Out's are pointless. Most people are already doing that. The point of a (Insert_Color_Here) Out is to do something different. You then have people either buying a shirt (revenue) or receiving a shirt (promo). Either way that's what a promotion is. It's not having everybody just wear their green shirt they normally do.

Good points, thats if we sold out this game that is 30,000 new UNT shirts out there, and with a small fee for each one the athletic department could end up making some extra cash that could go to many things. Including a scholarship fund for the cheerleaders. Which would in turn (I hope) bring a better product that people have been complaining about, more cheers, better organization etc.

Our athletic department can't even coordinate something as simple as the Mean Green March. Anybody see it Saturday. Surely somebody (i.e. a UNT policeman) could call somebody on a golf cart and let them know the team is leaving the hotel, so everyone can get lined up. Otherwise, lets save the team's energy and just drop them off at the locker room.

If they are putting the free shirts in seats (sounds expensive), how cool would it be if they alternated colors between green and white by section. Or maybe lower sections vs upper sections.

The transient fans would screw this up. (not talking about the homeless.)

It looks very cool when executed well.

pow-09042009.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No it doesn't. Those are awful colors and

Good points, thats if we sold out this game that is 30,000 new UNT shirts out there, and with a small fee for each one the athletic department could end up making some extra cash that could go to many things.

But your not going to get that with white shirts. People already have white shirts.

Did you go into the either store at the stadium on Saturday? Lines of people by green gear.

They even opened the Union bookstore on Sunday because sales of UNT swag were so good on Saturday.

Let's just stick to the basics; get our fans there, and get them buying school gear.

And leave your weekly spirt-gimmick-color-themed game for the high school kids.

No it doesn't. Those are awful colors and

But your not going to get that with white shirts. People already have white shirts.

Did you go into the either store at the stadium on Saturday? Lines of people by green gear.

They even opened the Union bookstore on Sunday because sales of UNT swag were so good on Saturday.

Let's just stick to the basics; get our fans there, and get them buying school gear.

And leave your weekly spirt-gimmick-color-themed game for the high school kids.

I guess that you didn't get that the shirts would say UNT on them, not just white shirts people already own? No one said we would stop selling green shirts at the store. People are acting like it is a revolution here, its only for one game.

So Missouri, Colorado, Georgia, West Virginia, etc. are high school now? Let me contact them to let them know the news. If they are high school what are we? Peewee League?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2