University of Houston's OC resigns after Texas State loss

NT03

He officially "resigned", whatever that means.

UH fans are completely delusional. I hear it every single day. I don't care a bit about Texas State, but I enjoyed this massive upset- a team most fans around here thought they'd beat by 60+. Knocks them all down a peg. I tihnk they thought they were going to replace a Heisman-caliber sixth-year QB, a couple great offensive players, a head coach, a solid OC, etc... and just keep on moving towards another BCS-busting season. Wrong.

I do, however, respect the hell out of the move to fire encourage the resignation of the guy who wasn't getting the job done instead of hanging onto him for, oh, say 3 years or so to hope he learns the ropes. Shows a commitment to success. Or a knee-jerk reaction. I can't decide.

I'm prone to paradox.

Edited by Eagle1855

Further, UH was one win away last year from a possible BCS Bowl game.

This is a little more drastic than the Dodge debacle.

I was specifically addressing your comment about Houston having many returning starters on defense, yet turning in a turd of a performance in the 1st game of a new coaching regime.

In that aspect, exactly like UNT circa 2007.

Maybe he did officially resign --- but I am betting the pressure on him was very severe ..... could be it was asked for or maybe he was chewed out so bad he just said "to hell with it" and walked out.

No doubt it was a forced resignation. No coach worth his salt is going to quit after one bad performance. With no job lined up. And no way to get one after abandoning a team after one bad performance.

Call it what they want, he was fired.

Here's the real question: Will fans be in meltdown mode if we lose to Houston? I don't know how good TSU is but a loss like this will either break your team or make it much stronger. I hope we don't run in to a pissed off Houston team that's gained momentum a couple weeks from now and lose the game by a big margin. The sun belters would have a field day with that one.

At this point it does not matter if they lose to us. UH fans are already in melt down mode. They had very high expectations going in to the season and those expectations were completely shattered by losing to Texas State in front of the second highest crowd at the Rob.

Gotcha UNT90.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

Don't discount the Franchione effect. He loves this role ala New Mexico. Utah was #8 when they rolled into University Stadium and got beat by the Lobos. You add in some Texas talent, fewer expectations than at Bama and TAMU and disrespected (see UTSA). I think Texas State is going to play above their heads again this week when Tech rolls into town and don't be surprised to see a Red Raider upset. That will pull them off any future schedules see UNT:)

GMG

That is Franchione's specialty, kill you with running backs and mix in a short pass that catches you napping.

They killed the Houston spirit, much like I felt until we started getting some things rolling against LSU.

GMG

I don't see how the OC is fired after one game. And if that is the case, shouldn't the HC be held responsible too? I mean its not like the OC just came into the game threw out a bunch of plays that the HC didn't know were going to be called. Did they not have Summer to work this stuff out....as a coaching staff and team? Seems a little ridiculous. There has to be something else going on.

• Upvote 1

Someone who is not as lazy as me want to look up if their OC had recruited any commits and if so did they have a UNT offer ? Would be a good time to try and per sway them

these guys weren't recruited by their oc, but they do have offers from us.

donald gage

http://rivals.yahoo....qXED3KtDWFDPZB4

d'juan hines

http://rivals.yahoo....vHhQTbK.z9DPZB4

josh thomas

http://rivals.yahoo....85zeP5ua91DPZB4

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1