University of Houston's OC resigns after Texas State loss

NT03

Yeah their defense coordinator should have his job reevaluated too. However, 13 points against Texas State is alarming.

It is scary how much the coaching staff could have messed up a team in such a short amount of time. It is not as if they lost that many players- especially on defense.

May I refer you to UNT, circa 2007.

• Upvote 2

People are calling for Case Keenum to be their HC.

That actually makes total sense- that dude knows their offense inside and out and is a very smart player.

Too bad he is on the practice squad for UH.

We have very, very good shot of going in and beating UH.

Ya, but he is only 35 years old...

• Upvote 2

Firing him after ONE week is awfully severe.... however the Coogs had the ball less than 17 min... and the TSU 43+ min. Also UH were 1 for 13 on third down.

Tough to have the ball less than that. Offense did nothing apparently. 1-2-3-kick seemed to be what happened over and over.... 12 third downs failed.

Maybe they should have waited until next week and see how TxState does against Tx Tech,, They might be a lot better than imagined.

• Upvote 1

Firing him after ONE week is awfully severe.... however the Coogs had the ball less than 17 min... and the TSU 43+ min. Also UH were 1 for 13 on third down.

Tough to have the ball less than that. Offense did nothing apparently. 1-2-3-kick seemed to be what happened over and over.... 12 third downs failed.

Maybe they should have waited until next week and see how TxState does against Tx Tech,, They might be a lot better than imagined.

Resigned.

I understand some people will think this was forced. If it was, then I imagine there is more to this than just the game one performance.

I can't imagine UH staff not giving him at least 2 games before making that kind of call.

• Upvote 1

Here's the real question: Will fans be in meltdown mode if we lose to Houston? I don't know how good TSU is but a loss like this will either break your team or make it much stronger. I hope we don't run in to a pissed off Houston team that's gained momentum a couple weeks from now and lose the game by a big margin. The sun belters would have a field day with that one.

• Upvote 2

Resigned.

I understand some people will think this was forced. If it was, then I imagine there is more to this than just the game one performance.

I can't imagine UH staff not giving him at least 2 games before making that kind of call.

Maybe he did officially resign --- but I am betting the pressure on him was very severe ..... could be it was asked for or maybe he was chewed out so bad he just said "to hell with it" and walked out.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1