Mean Green fans are everywhere

VideoEagle

My wife and I just got back from a trip to China. While walking along the Great Wall, I spot a Mean Green hat! I found this couple were living in Seoul, Korea, but were also on vacation. They asked if the football team was doing any better as they last heard about the Todd Dodge era. I was able to tell them things were looking up!

post-155-0-90092000-1345299606_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

My wife and I just got back from a trip to China. While walking along the Great Wall, I spot a Mean Green hat! I found this couple were living in Seoul, Korea, but were also on vacation. They asked if the football team was doing any better as they last heard about the Todd Dodge era. I was able to tell them things were looking up!

post-155-0-90092000-1345299606_thumb.jpg

Scratch1976 leaves for China next week and to Beijing...any tips?

Scratch1976 leaves for China next week and to Beijing...any tips?

Don't be afraid to strike out some on your own around your hotel. Very friendly people and very low crime. I got money from AMTs usually in our Westernized hotels.

ATMs give you the best exchange rates and you don't need to carry much extra cash. Be ready to sweat as the temps are in the upper 90s and the humidity is upper 80s or lower 90s.

If you are changing airlines, DO NOT check your bags all the way through. Three embers of our group including mywife and I changed from Americanto a Chinese airline in La and all thee of us had our luggage not get to us till later. American uses some third party to transfer their luggage at LAX and they couldnt get from terminal 2 to terminal 3 in three and a half hours. We were told by China Eastern our luggage wasn't making our flight before we even got on.

Cabs are very cheap. Food is also cheap. I got a liter of Tsing Tao beer for $2 from a convience store. At one restaurant, it was just ¥5, less than a buck for liter of Snow beer. Always try to bargain, if they won't they don't mind you trying and often you get discounts. Cabs don't bargain if they are licensed and you don't want to use an unlicensed cab!

Drink bottled water no matter how nice the hotel. Westernized hotels will provide free bottled water but all have Evion water that's more expensive than the beer. Bottle water is available in the convience stores that are everywhere, justmake sure it's a sealed bottle. Don't get it from a street vendor as those are likely refilled with tap water.

Carry toilet paper. Most women's restrooms will have one Westen toilet and the rest are "squattie potties." I saw a couple of walls with soaker hoses just like the old Fouts field.

Get an international plan that includes text on your phone and be SURE to disable data roaming.

Have fun.

• Upvote 1

Okay, just wasn't sure if people that do that realize how stupid they sound. Carry on.

Pretty much every student does it. IMO, complaining about this is just as stupid as complaining about only using 3 fingers in the talon hand signal. I mean who gives a crap?!?

No one I've talked to outside of UNT has ever been like, "Ha! Idiot, don't you know eagles have 4 talons?" or..."Why do y'all say caaaw or caacaaaw? That's a crow. An eagle is more a high pitched scream."

And you know why? Because its a moronic argument over things no one notices or cares about...except us

• Upvote 3

Okay, just wasn't sure if people that do that realize how stupid they sound. Carry on.

It's a thing now. Get over it

I just think my wife is making fun of me when she does that. It's like she isn't taking my fandom seriously. I don't like it. It sounds like a joke anytime somebody does it to me.

Edited by Grant.UNT

I'm headed to Dublin, Ireland on Wednesday to see Navy play Notre Dame. Plan on wearing my Mean Green Gear!

by the standards of this board then you would be the "douche of the week." Just saying. Dont get caught on camera.

Pretty much every student does it. IMO, complaining about this is just as stupid as complaining about only using 3 fingers in the talon hand signal. I mean who gives a crap?!?

No one I've talked to outside of UNT has ever been like, "Ha! Idiot, don't you know eagles have 4 talons?" or..."Why do y'all say caaaw or caacaaaw? That's a crow. An eagle is more a high pitched scream."

And you know why? Because its a moronic argument over things no one notices or cares about...except us

Actually I brought 4 friends to a game last year, 1 Aggie, 2 SMU'ers, and a Lumberjack and they were all laughing about it and asked why people were sounding like a crow. If you are going to Caw, why don't you also hoot like an owl or bark like a dog, or moo like a cow? If you want to do it go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually I brought 4 friends to a game last year, 1 Aggie, 2 SMU'ers, and a Lumberjack and they were all laughing about it and asked why people were sounding like a crow. If you are going to Caw, why don't you also hoot like an owl or bark like a dog, or moo like a cow? If you want to do it go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

In my experience no one has said anything about and. Just saying get used to it because a lot of students do it for fun