Any T.V Upgrades for Football Season?

Side Show Joe

So what's the best value for a TV set now, LED, LCD, Plasma or DLP? I'm still rocking out with my 56 inch Samsung DLP although my wife has a 46 inch LCD that is a better picture.

I think plasmas have good pictures, and the best refresh rate (600mhz), but they have glass screens and can have problems with glare. LCD screens put off lots of heat, especially with bigger screens. DLP's have issues if you are not looking stright at them, and you have to keep the room dark. I like the LEDs.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Apparently you all are made of money and must make over 100k a year. I do not know many successful people who have or can afford a 70in tv! I didnnot know we had so many millionares at unt. You must have well over 3 million in a Ira or 403b if you have a tv like that!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

Apparently you all are made of money and must make over 100k a year. I do not know many successful people who have or can afford a 70in tv! I didnnot know we had so many millionares at unt. You must have well over 3 million in a Ira or 403b if you have a tv like that!

If you are eligible to contribute to a 403b, you probably don't have $3m in an IRA as well.

• Upvote 1

You're crazy..

• Upvote 2

LOL!!! Not even close.

I don't mind spending good money on a nice T.V. I figure I'll have it for a long time.

• Upvote 2

LOL!!! Not even close.

I don't mind spending good money on a nice T.V. I figure I'll have it for a long time.

Let's see, $1000+ for Cowboys season tickets, likely with a poor view, or $600-$1000 for a quality HDTV with an amazing picture for the next 10 season and close up views, for ANY sport, tv show, or movie you want to watch?

• Upvote 2

Can't wait 'til football season. I'be been so busy this last year..we just moved into s new home with a media room and I bought a 3-d projector with a 100" screen. I haven't yet had time to install it or I'd post a picture.

I'm looking forward to things slowing down a bit so I can be more active on the site again. But, that may be difficult with a 7-month old.

• Upvote 1

Let's see, $1000+ for Cowboys season tickets, likely with a poor view, or $600-$1000 for a quality HDTV with an amazing picture for the next 10 season and close up views, for ANY sport, tv show, or movie you want to watch?

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

Bad ass 13 inch Zenith 4 tube hybrid with Space Commander 600 remote. Its got Chromacolor bitches!!! Solid state components and a steel chassis. Straight panty dropper.

I used to have one of those that I turned into a fish tank. It looked pretty baller but the fish would always die after a couple days...

I just got a71", 241 mhz, 4D, Extra Sharp.

Mine is a 72", 242 mhz, infinite dimension, Mild Cheddar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bad ass 13 inch Zenith 4 tube hybrid with Space Commander 600 remote. Its got Chromacolor bitches!!! Solid state components and a steel chassis. Straight panty dropper.

Yeah, but does yours have rabbit ears?

I didn't think so...

Mine does. :P