Rider LT Sorge commits to UNT

Harry

Rider's Harrison Sorge verbally committed Monday to play football at the University of North Texas.

Sorge, a 6-5, 290-pound incoming senior, started all 14 games in 2011 as the Raiders' left tackle.

He said the biggest reason why he chose UNT over Texas State and New Mexico was his chemistry with the coaching staff.

"They really pulled me in," Sorge said. "I liked the coaches, and I'm looking forward to building a good relationship with them."

Sorge is the second Rider senior to commit to a Division I school. Quarterback J.T. Barrett chose Ohio State over several suitors in April.

Verbal commitments are nonbinding. Senior recruits can sign letters of intent on Feb. 6, 2013.

Sorge is following in the footsteps of Rider defensive lineman Dylan McDorman, who will be an incoming freshman for the Mean Green this season.

read more: http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2012/jul/03/high-school-football-rider-lt-sorge-commits-to/

Mac is building a big powerful program. When we played in our first modern era bowl against Colorado State in 2001 I remember how we as fans were impressed with how big they were across the front lines. Mac is building the same type of program here it seems.

I must say that it's nice to see the size that is being brought in now. Everyone either 6'4 or 6'5 and around 280-290. This is a far cry from the Dickey days when we were bringing in kids who were 6'1 255 for the OL.

This is what I'm noticing. Much more prototypical OL frames in these guys.