CUSA Chatter

UNTexas

For fast food burgers, I'd rate them:

1. Whataburger

2. Sonic

3. In N Out

Oh, and as long as we are all weighing in, from what I can remember, I've never eaten tacos in El Paso.

Sonic over Wendy's?!?!? I don't think so.

Wendy's fries blow Sonic's out of the water as well.

• Upvote 1

Grape is amazing. They have it at Cracker Barrel which brings up the point that it is one of the greatest breakfast joints.

That's it! We've linked Grape Chewey Gum and Cracker Barrel breakfast to CUSA chatter. This is the thread moment I have been waiting for.

• Upvote 2

Dickey's teams nosed dived way before his health issues.

His health problems started long before most people know.

Almost all of Dickey's success is tied to one recruiting class and when the last of those were gone, Dickey was in trouble. I still don't know how that class was put together because no other year was remotely close.

A bunch of risks worked out in that class, a bunch of risks didn't work out later on. However, that staff was still able to recruit some hits every year. Which, when you consider that our best recruiters kept getting hired away every year is actually surprising.

Look, even RV talked about this at the CUSA press conference. UNT has recently made a ton of tough decisions thatr required brave leadership to better fund this program. Dickey didn't have any of that. Our current assistant coach budget is what, three times as big as it was then?

I guess constantly degrading your employer in this case, NT, could be mildly termed butting heads. If it was my decision, he would have been terminated about the second or third time that occurred no matter what his record was.

Dickey's disastrous PR is not what I am talking about. There was much drama going on most people never heard about. Yeah, Dickey took the "us against everyone" attitude too far, and yes, that attitude was part oft he head butting, but it wasn't even most of it.

He was a good field coach but never seem to grasp that you had to recruit and being super critical of the school you were trying to recruit players to, might began to be difficult. He also had a recruiting scheme that worked well for a while until other peer teams copied it to an extent and were willing to work a lot harder.

If by "work harder" you mean "pay to properly fund the program" then I agree. I know we are ready to score board all the SBC schools as we head out the door, but you might want to double check the size of everyones athletics budget before you do. ASU's HC contract would be a good place to start.

Giving Dickey another couple of years would IMO been as big a disaster as hiring Dodge.

No way for anyone to know that. My opinion is that it wouldn't, and we would be at a better level now if we hadn't, but really that is just a guess.

What isn't up for debate is that if the head butting hadn't occurred, he would have had a much longer leash.

At least, Dodge was not an embarrassment about every time he opened his mouth.

For the record: Dan the Man can march in the Green Brigade half time show, and make part of his jazz hands dance routine to grab the microphone and call me and idiot and my mother a whore as long as he wins and gets us to bowl games.

If you would rather have Dodge win two games a year and run a masterful "aw shucks this place is great" campaign then me and you just have different goals for this program.

Not even going into much the outlaw, poor academic environment that Dickey spawned at NT or the professional exit he made.

Yeah. Cause Dickey ran a terrible program but thank the Lord that Dodge recruited only choir boys and Rhodes Scholars.

If you want to believe that then good on ya.

As a Mean Green fan, I love you *chokes up*, but we are going to have to agree to disagree. You'll just have to trust I am not insane and know what I am talking about.

*Insert Your Own 4 Panel CSI Punchline Here*

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I came to UNT in 2008, so I have no knowledge or viable opinion on Dickey. As for Dodge, I found him willfully ignorant, arrogant, a huge embarrassment, and the very definition of insanity in expecting different results with the same grade school level approach over and over again. I quit going to Dodge coached games in 2009 (and I used the term coached loosely), didn't come back until the Chico coached Kansas St. game, and don't regret it one bit. Nobody should have to blindly support stupid with time and money just because it wears an odd shade of Southlake sushi green.

Also, of you dig carnitas, Carnitas Queretara in El Paso is really, really good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Not sure how this whole burger conversation got goin', but I also want to show some love for Sonic.

I don't consider Sonic, Whataburger, DQ, Braums, etc. to be fast food burgers. They're in a different class from McDonalds, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Burger King, etc.

Not sure how this whole burger conversation got goin', but I also want to show some love for Sonic.

I don't consider Sonic, Whataburger, DQ, Braums, etc. to be fast food burgers. They're in a different class from McDonalds, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Burger King, etc.

Sorry, but Wendys kills Sonic and DQ. They edge out over Braums.

Sorry, but Wendys kills Sonic and DQ. They edge out over Braums.

Wendy's makes a fine tasting burger, the problem is that it is a silver dollar burger. They have been decreasing the size of their sandwiches. They Just Noticeable Differenced it to a size so small that it is half a meal.