1st casualty of the JJ rumors

Cooley

I had mentioned here about 2-3 weeks ago that a big time local kid from the SEC was looking to transfer back to the area. Well, I had my conferences wrong, but former DeSoto Eagle and current Florida State forward Antone Space will soon be an Aggie. Space had floated that UNT was a possibilty with Chris, Jordan and others. Space was injured most of the year (first season at FSU) but for some strange reason never found game action with the Seminoles. In my opinion, Space has more NBA potential than Tony Mitchell and would have been a major force for us.

Anyway, good luck to him in College Station.

Edited by Cooley

More NBA potential than Tony Mitchell? What exactly are you basing that on? Obviously not performance because he played a whopping 30 minutes all of last season, and when he did play, he didn't perform. Tony would have been the best player on Florida State's roster and definitely better than this kid. I'm not saying he's not talented, but to say he has more potential than a guy whose potential is through the roof is egregious.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. He's always ribbing someone on twitter. I'm glad he's having fun at UNT.

Exactly. He's all over the place with his tweets. I wouldn't read too much into anything he says on there. And yeah, I think that's the main reason he decided to stay. I'm sure he's never really had trouble making friends, but I think he went to like 4 different high schools. He really likes his teammates, and I don't think he was ready to just up and leave again. I'm certainly thrilled he stayed.

• Upvote 1

It's always great how everyone is quick to go after the A.D. - we have no idea what they (AD) have or have not done. Shold they go ahead and hire the assistant and let JJ go?

Huh? No one's goin after the AD here. It's just a tough deck of cards right now. I wouldn't want to be Rick this week. It's hard enough to be a fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lets see we have lost a big time transfer because JJ is being considered for other jobs. Maybe not having a ship available has something to do with it or just maybe A&M in the SEC has more appeal than NT. If Forest is the one responsible for getting all this talent to NT, try to keep him. However, I doubt NT is going to outbid a Big 12 perennial basketball power. The JJ situation I doubt has anything to do with it.

• Upvote 1

I think more likely he's referring to our athletic department not giving the time of day to the guy that brought him (and the rest of our real talent) to campus in our potential coach search.

Yup! This very well could implode and if it does I will be at the front of the line demanding RV be fired!!

If JJ goes you give the job to Forrest and concentrate on finding a quality coach for the women.

However, the damage is already done.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1334315833' post='636743']

Yup! This very well could implode and if it does I will be at the front of the line demanding RV be fired!!

If JJ goes you give the job to Forrest and concentrate on finding a quality coach for the women.

However, the damage is already done.

My theory : RV wants to do the right thing. Rawlins wont let him. RV needs to stand up for himself and demand to let him do HIS job , run the ATHLETICS. If I'm RV I'm putting my own job on the line here. They aren't going to fire him , they can't. Look what he has done. If things go down like rumors say they will my UNT fan hood will drop tremendously. I'll start spending my hard earned money elsewhere

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My theory : RV wants to do the right thing. Rawlins wont let him. RV needs to stand up for himself and demand to let him do HIS job , run the ATHLETICS. If I'm RV I'm putting my own job on the line here. They aren't going to fire him , they can't. Look what he has done. If things go down like rumors say they will my UNT fan hood will drop tremendously. I'll start spending my hard earned money elsewhere

For the first time in the history of UNT basketball we have the legit talent to make it to the sweet 16 if not further. You DON'T mess with that!! PERIOD!!

If RV was to do the right thing he would have sat down and interviewed the players for their thoughts and feelings about losing JJ and who they would like as their next coach.

Forrest never should have had a reason to visit KState. Even Trilli could coach this team to the sweet 16 or better.

This program was on the verge of becoming one of the elite programs in the nation for years to come.

And yes, RV can be fired and should be fired if he cannot recognize what is right in front of him.

• Upvote 1

For the first time in the history of UNT basketball we have the legit talent to make it to the sweet 16 if not further. You DON'T mess with that!! PERIOD!!

If RV was to do the right thing he would have sat down and interviewed the players for their thoughts and feelings about losing JJ and who they would like as their next coach.

Forrest never should have had a reason to visit KState. Even Trilli could coach this team to the sweet 16 or better.

This program was on the verge of becoming one of the elite programs in the nation for years to come.

And yes, RV can be fired and should be fired if he cannot recognize what is right in front of him.

Uh, just slightly hyperbolic, dont you think?

This team will be talented, but no way is it a lock to mKe the sweet 16, or to even get to the NCAAs next year. See MTSU this year.

I think we shOuld all relax a bit and see how tuis plays out. I think if JJ was truly LSU's top candidate, he would already be gone. The long this takes, the better chance JJ stays put.

Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 3

Lets see we have lost a big time transfer because JJ is being considered for other jobs. Maybe not having a ship available has something to do with it or just maybe A&M in the SEC has more appeal than NT. If Forest is the one responsible for getting all this talent to NT, try to keep him. However, I doubt NT is going to outbid a Big 12 perennial basketball power. The JJ situation I doubt has anything to do with it.

Grand...you are most likely correct. The possibility that JJ would be leaving would seem to have ZERO to do with this...who even knows for a fact that UNT was really in the mix for this kid? The rumor mill can be a strange thing when it is running wide open. At least this is taking away from all the conference realignment rumor BS that floats around here from folks who may or may not have any clue about what is really going on...but, that a chat board and that's what makes it fun.

Grand...you are most likely correct. The possibility that JJ would be leaving would seem to have ZERO to do with this...who even knows for a fact that UNT was really in the mix for this kid? The rumor mill can be a strange thing when it is running wide open. At least this is taking away from all the conference realignment rumor BS that floats around here from folks who may or may not have any clue about what is really going on...but, that a chat board and that's what makes it fun.

No disagreement with you on the general sentiment about message board BS, but Cooley doesn't really fit in this category at all.

• Upvote 1

No disagreement with you on the general sentiment about message board BS, but Cooley doesn't really fit in this category at all.

Agreed.

When Cooley says someone is a potential transfer, and then steps further out and identifies where he thinks they may end up... History knows he knows what he's talking about.