Florida Atlantic (2/11/12)

CMJ

Yep. Gotta trust em to sub em. Tough, especially at the 1 & 2 to sub during critical time. Tougher yet cause Alzee isn't a true 1. Little bit exposed tonight... Dang turnovers!

Holman was good. Tonight is what I've hoped for all year from him. Maybe healthy now.

Well there is plenty of love to go around for this one

– 27 turnovers- sloppy play from all players and a poor coaching job

– I think that pretty much covers the water front for this disaster.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

CJ and Jordan would make this team better, but that's a whole lotta pointless coulda-shoulda-woulda. We've had several weeks to gel with the new lineup, and it's not like they were a last minute loss that JJ couldn't gameplan around.

some of ya'll just like crying over spilled milk. There are other things in this game that had me pulling hairs and pointing fingers; CJ and Jordan are not any of them.

• Upvote 1

You mean lack there of ? How many minutes did anyone on the bench have in the 2nd half / OT.

I agree. I'm really not sure who the true subs are on this team other than Robinson and Norris, and Robinson doesn't seem to be given much of anything at this point. Certainly don't think the "collapse" can be blamed on Norris, or Zo or Hogans for that matter. Just one of those things that I hope the team can learn from.

Talk about taking someone for granted. Mitchell just had 22 points 20 rebounds and 6 blocks, one of the greatest statistical games in NT history and no one has even mentioned it.

Yes, incredible numbers, but to play the anti-TM's advocate, those NINE Turnovers are pretty ugly on the stat sheet. The Norris four (in 9 minutes), and the Walton seven didn't help much either. By looking at the stats, the turnover situation kinda tells the story. I did listen to almost all of the game, and I guess there should be some coaching question marks as well. On a positive note, great to see Holmen hitting those mid-range jumpers. We are going to need that kind of a performance along with some inside defense from him in Hot Springs and beyond.

• Upvote 1

Yes, incredible numbers, but to play the anti-TM's advocate, those NINE Turnovers are pretty ugly on the stat sheet. The Norris four (in 9 minutes), and the Walton seven didn't help much either. By looking at the stats, the turnover situation kinda tells the story. I did listen to almost all of the game, and I guess there should be some coaching question marks as well. On a positive note, great to see Holmen hitting those mid-range jumpers. We are going to need that kind of a performance along with some inside defense from him in Hot Springs and beyond.

Interesting points about Tony – I can not figure out why we keep taking 3 point shots at the buzzer when the game is tied

– would it not be better to have the ball in the hands of our best player of all time in the low post trying to take a lay-up and getting fouled

– shooting the 3 pointer to end a tie game just does not add up.

Interesting points about Tony – I can not figure out why we keep taking 3 point shots at the buzzer when the game is tied

– would it not be better to have the ball in the hands of our best player of all time in the low post trying to take a lay-up and getting fouled

– shooting the 3 pointer to end a tie game just does not add up.

If you listened to the postgame you would know shooting a three was not the first option.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If it happens multiple times it starts becoming the coaches fault, IMO

And another thing we forgot about was that Kedrick Hogans left his knee brace on the team bus

and could not play because it could not be brought back to the gym in time for the game

– add his 10 to 12 points into the game and you have a win.

A lot of respect earned on y'alls part during this game. You guys have a hell of a team over thee, and I'm confident you'll be making some noise in the SBC tourny. Best of luck the rest of the way. Also, your football coach is in our prayers down here in Boca Raton! And finally, quick shout-out to all of the greek life students at UNT. Hope some of ya'll can come down for the football game next season here in Boca and meet some of your brothers!