26 By my count?

SHOSS

So, either we lost more than rice, walling, and lafrance, or we are starting the oversigning practice, or DMAC was playing some poker with how many spots we had for this year, or we are planning on some gray shirts...

Commit# F Name L Name Pos ESPN Scout Rivals High hs/jc/xfer

1 Boone Feldt OT 3 2 3 3 hs

2 Devante Davis S 3 2 2 3 hs

3 Malik Dilonga DE 3 2 2 3 hs

4 Brad Horton DE 2 2 2 2 hs

5 Xavier Kelly CB 2 2 3 3 hs

6 Andrew Tucker RB 2 nr 3 3 hs

7 Nick Schrapps WR 2 2 3 3 hs

8 Rodrick Lancaster WR nr 2 3 2 hs

9 Sir Calvin Wallace DT nr 2 2 2 hs

10 Rex Rollins RB nr 2 2 2 hs

11 Jarrian Roberts LB nr 2 2 2 hs

12 Dylan McDorman DT nr 2 2 2 hs

13 Dustin Clark OLB nr 2 2 2 hs

14 Mark Lewis RB 3 nr nr 3 hs

15 Christian Hines WR hs

16 Cam Feldt OT 4 3 4 4 xfer 2010

17 Marcus Trice S nr 4 4 4 xfer 2009

18 David Busby DB 3 3 2 3 hs

19 Carlos Harris RB nr nr nr hs

20 D.Q. Johnson DB nr nr 3 3 juco

21 Ryan Rentfro OG nr 2 2 2 hs

22 Jamal Marshall DB hs

23 Connor Trussell OL nr 2 2 hs

24 Jamarcus Jarvis RB hs

25 Lajaylin Smith LB hs

26 Mustafa Haboul DT nr 2 2 hs

Defense

DT 3

DE 2

LB 3

DB 6

Defense tot 14

Offense

OL 4

WR 3

RB 5

Offense Tot 12

Total 26

Yes we are way over by my count as well. Must of had some spots open up. Good compilation of stats, the only thing I would point out is that the running backs will likely not all end up at running back and you could maybe argue a couple of the other positions could change as well.

One thing I noticed is we are getting a lot taller and bigger at a lot of positions, WR and DEnd jump out at me but O-Line as well.

Over signing-

as per Rivals commitment SBC listings

Troy, total 32, with 13 JUCO's, all signed, plus 19 high school commitments

FIU, total 27, with 4 JUCO's all signed (2-3 star JUCO's)and 23 high school, 12- 3 star recruits

WR Christine Hines is no longer listed on the North Texas list of commitments.

• Upvote 1

Anything besides that? Anything???

FROM FNF (FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL): "HINES IS ONE OF DFW'S MOST DANGEROUS RECEIVERS AFTER AVERAGING OVER 20 YARDS PER CATCH AND HAULING IN ELEVEN TOUCHDOWN PASSES". ALSO LISTED IN TEXAS FOOTBALL TOP RECEIVER PROSPECT LIST. NOT BAD FOR A 6-3 180 LB. RECEIVER WITH SUB 4.5 SPEED.

I'LL TAKE HIM!

Then that is easy math... 26 verbals minus 3 gray shirts equals 23 slots filled.

I am a bit perplexed by McDorman and Hines gray shirting. HOWEVER, I trust in DMAC. I believe he is taking the long term approach for the good of the program.

It will be interesting how things shake out with the redshirts from last season and the true freshmen in the mix for playing time. We shall see...

There is no offseason... College football fandom is a year round spectator sport. As strange as it sounds, I may like this time of year(leading up to signing day) almost as much as the actual season.

Go Mean Green and see you tomorrow evening.

Edited by SHOSS

Welp, after the flurry of 3, I figured we were done.... I guess I am underestimating what we now have to sell or the coaching staff or both. This is gonna be fun at Apogee palace tonight to see the final tally. Hopefully the last push is to add rather than replace more falloff.

Go mean green.

• Upvote 1

Last night at the last hour, SMU called Connor Trussell, my son with an offer. For an hour or so he weighed the pros and cons. One thing that he kept coming back to was the "feel" that he got while on his official this past weekend. Several people including his head coach, Bob Wager, a teammate / friend and captain from last years team, Russell Bellomy who is now playing at Michigan, along with his mom and I told him that he had to go where he felt he would be happiest for the next 4-5 years. When asked that question, it was a resounding UNT answer. I send this not to talk about what Connor did, but what Coach Mac has done to change the attitude and direction of UNT.

a very proud dad

Proud to have you guys on board

• Upvote 1

Last night at the last hour, SMU called Connor Trussell, my son with an offer. For an hour or so he weighed the pros and cons. One thing that he kept coming back to was the "feel" that he got while on his official this past weekend. Several people including his head coach, Bob Wager, a teammate / friend and captain from last years team, Russell Bellomy who is now playing at Michigan, along with his mom and I told him that he had to go where he felt he would be happiest for the next 4-5 years. When asked that question, it was a resounding UNT answer. I send this not to talk about what Connor did, but what Coach Mac has done to change the attitude and direction of UNT.

a very proud dad

I too apreciate you both joining the mean green family... Plus, who wants to play in front of a bunch of trust fund babies wearing pink polos... In the next 4 or 5 years, this fanbase is going to be woken up by mccarney and your son's on the field contributions.

What cracks me up is smooo has been to 3 consecutive bowl games, and they still don't draw. Just wait and see how much the crowds grow over the next couple years after some overdue, real success. We are sitting on a sleeping giant here. It will be great seeing Connor be a part of it.

In the mean time, he needs to workout, eat and workout and eat and workout and workout and workout.... Go mean green!

a very proud dad

Great to hear!

Your son made the right decision, UNT is a great place to be right now!

What cracks me up is smooo has been to 3 consecutive bowl games, and they still don't draw.

And obviously their coaches are too lazy to put in the work to evaluate a recruit their own players. I can hear Coach Jones, when he's not tied up with his ministry, saying to his assistants, "Let's take a look at who McCarney has targeted and give them a call." Can't wait to start playing them again.