SMU Board focusing attention on UNT recruits

Harry

UNT commits that SMU can easily pick off

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:12 pm

It is pretty late in the year to get into hard fought recruiting battles with BCS teams (and apparently current have not worked hard enough to have a good plan B list of recruits with BCS offers) so I figured we could just go up the road and pick off some Sunbelt UNT commits. Here is a list of their commits.

Chase Walling OL 6-6/270

Sam Rice OG 6-4 /285

Dustin Clark LB 6-0/202

Malik Dilonga DE 6-4/245

Boone Feldt OL 6-3/276

Brad Horton DE 6-6/230

Xavier Kelly DB 5-11/165

Roderick Lancaster WR 6-2/200

Dylan McDorman DT 6-2/285

Jarrian Roberts LB 6-2/220

Rex Rollins RB 6-1/185

Nick Schrapps WR 6-3/197

Andrew Tucker RB 6-0/180

Sir Calvin Wallace DT 6-2/300

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59884

Trust me when I say this was a "joke" post. Targeting UNT recruits is not perceived as a good thing by most.

Sounds like Chase was visited by UNT coaches yesterday, and is really conflicted. It sounds like you may hold on to that one -- congrats!!

Yes yes...we all get it. the pink polos all boast about how vastly superior they are to us poor little ole mean greeners... yes. We get it. Thanks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yes yes...we all get it. the pink polos all boast about how vastly superior they are to us poor little ole mean greeners... yes. We get it. Thanks.

Look, you either need to be angry SMU is going after your recruits or offended they aren't, but you can't have it both ways. My only point was that the average SMU fan doesn't sit back and think "geeze, what UNT recruit can we try and steal today" ... as the initial post implies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Trust me when I say this was a "joke" post. Targeting UNT recruits is not perceived as a good thing by most.

Sounds like Chase was visited by UNT coaches yesterday, and is really conflicted. It sounds like you may hold on to that one -- congrats!!

Hmm, losing recruits to FAU, who finished behind us in conference and we beat pretty handily, and then trying to steal recruits from us. Sounds like you fella's are not transfere as wanted as you think. Hilarious.

Hmm, losing recruits to FAU, who finished behind us in conference and we beat pretty handily, and then trying to steal recruits from us. Sounds like you fella's are not transfere as wanted as you think. Hilarious.

Lifer, I don't really understand your post, but losing Burton did hurt. When a kid (or his grandmother) wants him to stay closer to home we have to deal with it. It's what SMU gets for wandering so far away from Dallas.

Edited by BigPonyFan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I found humor in your post considering you come on our board and make a comment about how it is not perceived as a good thing to steal our recruits, which your school is, or is trying to do. I responded by stating that maybe you all, SMU, might not be as good as you all think when you lose recruits to schools that finished behind us in our conference and are targeting a couple of our recruits to steal. Sorry that went over your head, but don't come over hear making insulting comments about the perception of targeting our recruits.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

I think the confusion, Lifer, is that the word transfere showed up instead of qui.te. Honestly I think it is time for that gag to go. Tasty?

I don't know... 4+ years of constant complaining about the use of That Word. After just a few weeks, we're going to tear down the new utopia of language?

Trusting a group of grown men and women to use and read language peacefully and responsibly is a bold step.

Something to keep in mind: The only thing worse than a Transfer (who I'm sure has a very valid reason for leaving) is someone who transfers at transferting. What does it say about us as a group if we Transfer stopping people from saying "Transfer"? Have we Transfer our responsibility as a society? And will people Transfer complaining about other people saying the word Transfer in a manner that they may not personally approve?

Only one way to find out for sure, I guess.

I don't know... 4+ years of constant complaining about the use of That Word. After just a few weeks, we're going to tear down the new utopia of language?

Trusting a group of grown men and women to use and read language peacefully and responsibly is a bold step.

Something to keep in mind: The only thing worse than a Transfer (who I'm sure has a very valid reason for leaving) is someone who transfers at transferting. What does it say about us as a group if we Transfer stopping people from saying "Transfer"? Have we Transfer our responsibility as a society? And will people Transfer complaining about other people saying the word Transfer in a manner that they may not personally approve?

dude...you are so hip hop gangsta.

This is tyranny.

I bet when he was typing this post, he was wearing a pink polo and his pinkies were in the air...

Man I hope dmac and company beat the piss out of them when the series picks up in a couple years...

Recently while taking a deep dive, digging in to the past four years worth of data on prospect decommitments and transfers for a piece titled "The Commitment Project." The report includes plenty of anecdotal data -- including a conversation with now-Iona guard Lamont "MoMo" Jones, who has to have some sort of modern-day transfer/decommitment record, about the various reasons for his decisions -- but it is mostly interested in the hard numbers. Those hard numbers make a convincing case that players who attend multiple high schools carry that behavior with them during both their recruitment process and after they've signed at a school.

From Luke:

-- 39.2 percent of top-100 recruits attended multiple high schools

-- The multiple-high school trend rose to 47 percent in the Class of 2011, suggesting it could break 50 percent later this decade

-- Top-100 players who attended multiple high schools went on to decommit from colleges at nearly twice the rate of their peers

-- 24.8 percent of top-100 recruits transfer, a rate that's nearly 2.5 times the D-I average

-- Top-100 players who decommit are nearly 50 percent more likely than their peers to transfer once they're in college.

But if they never fully commit to a school -- if they're treating college programs like AAU teams to be discarded whenever things don't go their way -- then the entire collegiate experience becomes somewhat trivialized.

In other words stuff happens – all the time.

• Upvote 1

Recently while taking a deep dive, digging in to the past four years worth of data on prospect decommitments and transfers for a piece titled "The Commitment Project." The report includes plenty of anecdotal data -- including a conversation with now-Iona guard Lamont "MoMo" Jones, who has to have some sort of modern-day transfer/decommitment record, about the various reasons for his decisions -- but it is mostly interested in the hard numbers. Those hard numbers make a convincing case that players who attend multiple high schools carry that behavior with them during both their recruitment process and after they've signed at a school.

From Luke:

-- 39.2 percent of top-100 recruits attended multiple high schools

-- The multiple-high school trend rose to 47 percent in the Class of 2011, suggesting it could break 50 percent later this decade

-- Top-100 players who attended multiple high schools went on to decommit from colleges at nearly twice the rate of their peers

-- 24.8 percent of top-100 recruits transfer, a rate that's nearly 2.5 times the D-I average

-- Top-100 players who decommit are nearly 50 percent more likely than their peers to transfer once they're in college.

But if they never fully commit to a school -- if they're treating college programs like AAU teams to be discarded whenever things don't go their way -- then the entire collegiate experience becomes somewhat trivialized.

In other words stuff happens – all the time.

I believe the article you are quoting is referring to basketball and not football. The AAU/Summer team system is probably where these kids are recruited from and not their high school teams.

Yes, 100% joke for many reasons. Really, it's just a defeated response to losing 7 recruits to other programs. Signing day can't get here fast enough. Good luck guys.

That's what happens when you hire a whore for a head coach. Good luck with that in the future. I really think you guys will be better off if Jones gets another gig at the end of next year.