Todd Dodge to Marble Falls?

Harry

Todd Dodge: Sources in Texas reporting that Pitt quarterbacks coach Todd Dodge will become head coach at Marble Falls high school. Marble Falls is 4A, about 45 minutes west of Austin we believe. We have not confirmed this report.

Read More: http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

I can confirm this report. Marble Falls is about 45 minutes from Austin. Not too bad of a place!

This story was on the Austin news. They have to go through the formalities and the job will officially post on Monday. They will have a search committee and all but they made it sound like the job was as good as his.

Isn't Marble Falls where Cyril Lemon is from?

Good luck Coach Dodge. Beautiful area...not far from Austin...one HS town....seems like a great fit for Coach Dodge. I hope he helps Marble Falls do well.

YES, let's beat SMU as well before heading to Marble Falls.....

Lake Travis and Cedar Park dominate the district with Dripping Springs, Leander Rouse(new), Leander Vandergriff(new), Cedar Park Vista Ridge and Marble Falls who fight for the last playoff spot.

There is just not a lot of money in the MF district so this is really mind boggling for me after living in the Lake Travis area throughout high school. There have been people from the MF area who complain its not fair that their is a glass ceiling on how much LT and Cedar Park spend on athletics.

Im not trying to snub MF, I just don't see how they have the money to pony up for TD or the facilities.

I know they finally got a new stadium but their facilities were in dire need last time I was there.

F.M. Marcus makes the most sense to me if he comes back to TX HS.

I realize high school is a different game than college, but when I look at his record outside the million$ in Southlake and I look back to my experiences watching his complete and utter incompetency at Fouts, I'd be hesitant to hire Todd Dodge to mow my lawn. Hell, at least one thing's for sure. My lawn would grade out fantastically.

I've been poking around some of the high school message boards, and I'm really surprised to see that there are STILL apologists out there who worship the very ground he walks on. For all I care, he can head on up to Newman University and coach Men's Bowling for Vic Trilli. As long as he stays far, far away from UNT football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was it a mistake to hire Todd Dodge, even taking into consideration the crippling salary constraints and dilapidated facilities? Probably.

Did the person making that hire stand bull headed and steadfastly by his mistake, utterly refusing to remedy the situation the very moment it was financially viable to do so?

Was there immediate and dramatic improvement in all things UNT football thereafter?

Hayden Frye is long gone and I'm completely happy to have Rick steering this boat. I just hope nobody has informed him of the vacancy at Southern Miss.

The wrinkled hundred dollar bill mentality around here would likely be enough to send me back home five minutes ago if I were him. Even if Southern Miss weren't in a better conference with a better program and better fan base.

It couldn't have gotten worse than Todd Dodge. It can certainly get much, much worse than Rick.

*Edited because phone autocorrect

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1