What Lineup Do You Go with Now

MeanGreenHoops

Well we haven't unwrapped Tony Mitchell yet, so I'm not sure if he's a 4 or 5, but here is the lineup I'll go with.

PG - Chris Jones

SG - Alzee Williams

SF - Tony Mitchell

PF - Jacob Holmen

C - Kedrick Hogans

Until Jordan Williams gets some semblance of a shot, I'd bring him off the bench. Although Holman doesn't rebound well enough for the 4, he can hit the 10-15 ft jumpers which we need to open the lane for Mitchell

What say you?

Seems like when we win its more defense and rebounding, setting up transitions. Part of the problem on the long scoring runs by opponents (UTA, etc..) is no easy baskets in transition. This gives us 4 transition ball handlers which, on its own, will increase the field goal %. Mitchell should improve the others outside shooting with defenses collapsing on him. Mitchell inside with Hogans gives us our two best shot blockers. Jordan seems to rebound well which will set up more transition offense. Our improved transition offense will make opponent guards to hang back leading to an even better defense.

Chris Jones

Alzee Williams

Jordan Williams

Tony Mitchell

Ked Hogans

In other words, I trust everything will take care of itself when you add an accomplished potential lottery pick into the mix.

I'll Try!

For 12/18 VS Jackson St. (and maybe even 12/20 VS Grambling):

PG - C. Jones

SG - A. Williams

Swing - J. Williams

PF - J. Holmen

C - K. Hogans

I anticipate lots of minutes coming off the bench for Mitchell at PF and some swing. I feel sorry for whoever has to defend him at the swingman spot...

Keep in mind, he can't even practice (we talkin 'bout practice?) with the team until 12/18.

**Bold Prediction** During this game (or 2 games), Jordan Williams goes ballistic and cements himself into the starting lineup.

For 12/22 VS LSU:

PG - C. Jones

SG - A. Williams

Swing - J. Williams

PF - T. Mitchell

C - K. Hogans

With lots of Holmen to spell Jordan, and some Niko to spell Mitchell (along with sliding Holmen back PF as well to get Jordan back on the floor or Mitchell playing some swingman). It's crazy how deep we become simply by adding the best player in the conference. Having Holmen off the bench will be awesome.

I don't think we'll see much of Hogans and Edwards on the floor at the same time anymore (unless Mitchell is in foul trouble).

Bring Mitchell off the bench for Jackson State...let the crowd get worked up into a frenzy then give him one hell of an introduction. Run the first play for T-Mitch...a down screen lob oop from CJ.

The walls of the Super Pit would crumble if this series of events took place. Eardrums would burst. Mass hysteria...and 2pts for the Mean Green (maybe a +1 because some poor schlub fouled T-Mitch in vain). :rock:

Bring Mitchell off the bench for Jackson State...let the crowd get worked up into a frenzy then give him one hell of an introduction. Run the first play for T-Mitch...a down screen lob oop from CJ.

I think this would lead to human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!

• Upvote 1

C. Jones

J. Williams

T. Mitchel

A. Edwards

K. Hogans

Bench: Alzee, Walton, Franklin, Holmon and Niko...

plus time for trey and robinson who both look to be ready in a week or so from what I hear. (Im not saying keep edwards in for a prolongued period of time but that allows us to bring a fresh Alzee, Niko, or Holmon of the bench early.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In the NBA, Mitchell will primarily be a 3. But for us, like team USA, you will not see him at that position very much, if at all. He's more than capable of playing the 4 or the 5, and that is where we need him.

On the defensive end, he will be our 5.

Offensively, he will mainly play one of the two mainly stationary posts, but you will se him slide outside from time to time.

• Downvote 1