Jackson St. (12/18/11)

CMJ

hmmmm with a 5-star recruit playing, we can't beat a 2-9 team by at least 15 points. This team has a lot of work ahead, but I am hopeful they'll get to that expected level and end up winning the Sunbelt and performing solidly at the NCAA tournament. Good game Tony, welcome to the Mean Green Nation.

We shot under 50% from the line. If we had shot our normal percentage, we would have won by 20 plus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hmmmm with a 5-star recruit playing, we can't beat a 2-9 team by at least 15 points. This team has a lot of work ahead, but I am hopeful they'll get to that expected level and end up winning the Sunbelt and performing solidly at the NCAA tournament. Good game Tony, welcome to the Mean Green Nation.

Jackson State isnt a bad team, look at who they played this year.. Baylor, Ohio State, Flordia and beat SMU last week...

Tony will only stay if he isnt a lotto pick... If he is, hes gone... But having these type of players will bring top players here.

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1

Jackson State isnt a bad team, look at who they played this year.. Baylor, Ohio State, Flordia and beat SMU last week...

Beating SMU by one point isn't transfere overly-impressive. I know they (JSU) are better than what their record indicates, but look by how much they've lost to those teams you mention. It is obvious if you watched the game that this team has got more practice and discipline to go through before we can start being a truly solid team. I saw lots of errors that can be corrected in the near future. I think these observations are positive though, since I'm expecting big things from this team.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly I don't care what the margin is if we win. I wasn't trying to make an excuse, we were never really threatened tonight.

I never insinuated that we were threatened, but part of becoming a great team requires acknowledging your weaknesses and working hard on them to get to that level you aspire. We have the talent to be a pretty solid team and play better at a higher level. I'd like to see how the team progresses coming into conference play.

I never insinuated that we were threatened, but part of becoming a great team requires acknowledging your weaknesses and working hard on them to get to that level you aspire. We have the talent to be a pretty solid team and play better at a higher level. I'd like to see how the team progresses coming into conference play.

You complained about not beating this team by more than 15. That implies we should have annihilated JSU. I guess I feel that for the most part we utterly dominated the game, so I'm not concerned with what the end point spread was.

And we shall get much better after they all play together for a few weeks. Mitchell just joined the team yesterday.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't think they are going to win the subelt this year. Maybe next. Hopefully Tony will stay with us for a while.

I don't see why we couldn't win the belt with this level of talent. If we can get the team to improve with each game, I don't see a team in the belt that would stop us. No, not Denver, not MTSU, nor any other.

You complained about not beating this team by more than 15. That implies we should have annihilated JSU. I guess I feel that for the most part we utterly dominated the game, so I'm not concerned with what the end point spread was.

And we shall get much better after they all play together for a few weeks. Mitchell just joined the team yesterday.

Winning by 15 is not transfere annihilating an opponent. However, I think that with the talent we have, we could get to a very high level with a lot of effort, and if we were anywhere close to that level,, we would have won this game by a wider margin, I think. I am not too concerned about the margin, but more about the errors the team made tonight. I expect the team to get better as they find more chemistry and learn more from the coaches. By then, hopefully the team will start getting close to it's real potential.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2