QB Scotty Young Transfer from Tech?

MeanMag

Heard today from a source that Texas Tech has already decided who it's starting QB will be next year.

Some of the QBs lower on the depth chart are wanting out and that 6'2" 209lbs FR QB Scotty Young from Denton, TX is interested in coming to UNT.

This kid was recruited by Texas and Texas Tech and chose Tech over Texas.

Would have to sit one year and have 3 to play.

• Upvote 3

Heard today from a source that Texas Tech has already decided who it's starting QB will be next year.

Some of the QBs lower on the depth chart are wanting out and that 6'2" 209lbs FR QB Scotty Young from Denton, TX is interested in coming to UNT.

Both their starting and backup QB return next year.

Both , their starting and back up QB return next year.

Edited by buff64

Young would probably be better off just giving up football and focus on his baseball career

I would expect Kyle Padron to transfer as well

Why would he be better off focusing on baseball? I know he was an extremely good pitcher, but he was more highly rated as a QB. Considering he will have three years of eligibility, I would be interested in seeing him come to NT.

Why would he be better off focusing on baseball? I know he was an extremely good pitcher, but he was more highly rated as a QB. Considering he will have three years of eligibility, I would be interested in seeing him come to NT.

there are a lot more ways to earn a living as a pitcher than a QB

If he wants to continue playing footall & June Jones ends up @ Arizona St , that would be a perfect match for him. I know he really thought about the Sundevils before he signed w/ the red raiders

You sure you're not thinking about the (Arizona) Wildcats?

Personally, I don't know why he wouldn't be a perfect match for North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You sure you're not thinking about the (Arizona) Wildcats?

Personally, I don't know why he wouldn't be a perfect match for North Texas.

No , Arizona St (along w/ Notre Dame) came after him hard late in the process when it was learned that Leach was being fired

Just out of curiosity, why does it seem you're open to ANY idea that isn't Scotty Young coming to NT?

Just listing other options. I know He considered ND as well before going with Tech.Would love to have Young here, he would start day 1 IMO.

Ive seen him play baseball and Ive seen him play football. I just think from a proffesional standpoint he would have a much better chance at a well paying career on the diamond.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd love to see Scotty Young come home to play at North Texas.

He could be an integral part of building something special at his home town college. His mother has been working with North Texas students for years as the owner of "On the Cuff" Embroidery and Gifts, the pink building at Dallas Drive and Teasley.

Think of the opportunity that is currently presented to Scotty. He could play somewhere that he could develop his game and possibly become a legend. Yes, he can be that good if he's given the chance.

Scotty Young selected AP Texas Player of the Year

Or, he could go elsewhere where he may or may not have a chance to compete and simply be on somebody's depth chart as an insurance policy.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3