The SBC will kill our program...

rjmunthe

You are the goat f'er I was referring to in my sig.

Now wait a minute and although your goat f'er response was mean't for another poster but....I "RAISE" goats. :(

LIke a cuss word here and there, I think name-calling has its place on a "smack board" unless it gets too vile. I've deleted post where I thought my own might be a tad over the line, but I don't think think they were of the "vile" variety at all.

If you are a peitite petunia, you probably shouldn' t be on a forum like this in the first place. I am amazed at the number who just cannot handle others opinions, though. That sound more like a question of maturity (or lack thereof) than anything else. At the age of most on this board, that part probably cannot be helped now. I have yet to have anyone except one very major player on this board tell me I (and others) were right about what kind of coach we should hire over the one who many wanted instead that helped my red numbers count immensely all the way from California to the Lone Star State. (I wear those numbers proudly because they are a hint that I am probably right again when it comes to our decades long poorly run athletic program and one only has to lookk at across the board varsity won/loss records in those past decades to easily prove that point. That aforementioned statement alone will piss off some who live in some kind of Mean Green dreamland where reality is a most unwelcome visitor to them most the time.

If we don't get a better conference this time around, I still think the North Texas Prez' and BOR's need to figure out why; that is, why we didn't get the call (if we don't) with the investment this school has made at the Mean Green Village and our location in the #5 ranked TV market in the USA. Those on campus can tell us they've been actively circulating our name during this whole process till the cows come home, but the proofs in the pudding (so to speak) and the pay-off part of those efforts need to show when we were told that North Texas was a finalist last time CUSA expanded. Kind of like sales, your sales manager does not want to hear: "But I almost got that sale, boss." :rolleyes:

And on the Sun Belt Conference: Sorry, but the latest addition of South Alabama does nothing to stir my loins whatsoever because they are the very symbol of what the poll voting media thinks of our league like in "WHO IS THAT SCHOOL AGAIN AND WHERE THE HELL THEY LOCATED?"

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hate to say it, but I think you're wrong. At the end of the day we're going to have our 7th(?) straight losing season. People in DFW only support winners. Just look at our pro teams and TCU

It's not that simple. Casual fans don't all wait until a team is a proven winner to show up. They trickle in over time as the team's reputation improves. If McCarney puts a Belt contender on the field and the team notches some OOC wins, it'll get some butts in seats.

• Upvote 1

Or, keep re-registering new accounts to circumvent it and get a permanent IP ban.

IP bans don't work unless you are banning a range of addresses.

I know my cell phone gets a different IP address for each cell tower it connects to the internet with. I don't know if the IP is for the tower or the cell phone. For your high speed home internet, that IP is dynamically allocated to your computer (or modem really) so it could change at any point in time.

Hey guys,

I appreciate rmunter's (sp) earnestness. Someone needs to believe they can Pied Piper people into the stayjum.

That said, my wife looks really cute in her apron and is cooking up a delicious meal. I'm gonna need you guys to stop bickering and be thankful we have coach who seems like he knows what he is doing, (tho he can only see maybe half the team at a time).

Think of what we'll lose if we get any more popular:

-Tix will be more expenseive

-Traffic will be terrible to and fro

-Loss of hipsterific coolness

-Nine forums that you'll have to post in to establish your Mean Green Pedigree which could lead to painful Gingivitis Carpal Tunnel.

-Helmet stickers (probably)

• Upvote 1

If you can find 10 people who either weren't coming already or didn't go to Texas State that would drive more than 30 minutes to see Texas State play football anywhere, I'll buy you an ice cream sandwich. (no offense to Texas State intended)

Alum of both schools here and I do have to say that Texas State travels very well. Especially for FCS, Talk to UH or TCU or even Southern Utah about TXST's fans traveling. I really hope that UNT gets it together. I want to be interested in both schools again. I have to admit that I do follow TXST more closely but there is reason to believe that they will be outdrawing UNT regularly (they travel better already). They already have an instate rival in UTSA (who was in their first year yes, but drew amazing crowds this year). UNT would fare much better in the WAC.

In the WAC, UNT would have TXST and UTSA along with whatever out of conference games scheduled and Latech. I just don't see a downside for leaving the SBC behind.

Edited by eaglecat
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Pretty clear Quoner gets a pass here.

The SBC never held NT back. They gave us a conference home and a bowl game to play for when we were in No Man's Land. Our problem has been self imposed for years and only recently have we started to make the necessary changes to make ourselves attractive to other conferences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alum of both schools here and I do have to say that Texas State travels very well. Especially for FCS, Talk to UH or TCU or even Southern Utah about TXST's fans traveling. I really hope that UNT gets it together. I want to be interested in both schools again. I have to admit that I do follow TXST more closely but there is reason to believe that they will be outdrawing UNT regularly (they travel better already). They already have an instate rival in UTSA (who was in their first year yes, but drew amazing crowds this year). UNT would fare much better in the WAC.

In the WAC, UNT would have TXST and UTSA along with whatever out of conference games scheduled and Latech. I just don't see a downside for leaving the SBC behind.

Traveling fans? eaglecat, North Texas once took almost 20,000 traveling fans (4 plus hours away for most of us) to play the Texas Longhorns and then several more games with UT around 10,000 traveling fans--give or take.

We took about 10,000 traveling fans down to the Astrodome to play the Houston Cougars back in the day, too. I know you have been drinking the maroon and gold kool-ade, but know your other alma mater's "traveling fans" history before you make one giant swath of your paint brush when it concerns anything about North Texas and its traveling habits. Didn't get to go myself, but New Orleans was quite pleased most years with our very nice contingency of thousands of Mean Green fans that travelled quite well to the Big Easy, too, on their way to the New Orleans Bowl.

North Texas has had 8 losing seasons in a row now and are still drawing a little over 20,000 per game. Now I can get on google and find out for myself, but have the Bobcats ever averaged close to that even in a winning season? Seems around 14K or 15K has been their all time best to date.

And when UTSA has their own string of losing seasons, I don't think they duplcate even close to what they are drawing now. The Road Runners will only have one time to have 2 or so years to maximize all ticket sales into one grand opening inaugural season and if they can still draw after 5 years of losing what they are drawing now, then the Big 12 may have made a mistake with TCU.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Don't need to talk to TCU to find out how "well" TSU-SM fans travel. I've gone to that game. It isn't as impressive as you might think. The reason you think it is, is because you admit that you follow TSU-SM closer.

We've discussed ad nauseum how "well" UT-SA is drawing. And I think there's some question about the counting methods.

I do agree that UNT would fare better, attendance-wise, in the WAC. I like the timezone our games are in currently.

• Upvote 1