The SBC will kill our program...

rjmunthe

We won under Dickey and people didn't flock to Fouts regularly because Fouts was a dump.

We had absolutely no chance to build a fan base in each of our 4 bowl seasons because we started almost each one of those seasons at 0 & 6 or 1 & 5, etc....Doesn't take a genius to understand that by the time the SBC season began for UNT, many fans were already thinking basketball.

So yes, the SBC was good for North Texas during that time for sure until it passed us by with better recruiting and the maturing of schools not too far removed from a lesser NCAA classification.

Dammit folks, we have to get out of this league because of the perception it has with most of our alums and apparently our student body, too, who (granted, in the midst of our 8'th losing season in a row) but still ignored coming to the best college football stadium in this region and chosing not to attend a Sun Belt league game. No, its not the culture we want, but it is the one we have at present.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 4

The thing is, if we win 4 straight Belt titles and go to bowl games every year, our crowds WILL reflect it regardless of the non-conference.... comparing it to the Dickey area directly overlooks the fact that back then we had ZERO game day atmosphere. No tailgating, minimal commitment from a number of involved parties, horrible facilities, etc.

Even with all our shortcomings, we have SO MUCH MORE to work with in place on seemingly every level than our championship teams did. It's not even close in any way imaginable.

I just don't think blaming the Sun Belt for our not filling the stadium in the early 2000's tells the story. We beat Baylor 52-14. We beat Texas Tech before we were even Sun Belt good. We played tune up games against the likes of Samford and Nicholls St.... but you absolutely can not compare the scene and the infrastructure around those teams with what you have today. Do that again, and you're gonna be 20k+ every week without blinking.

I think ticket sales will improve because of how the team has played this season. We're not at rock bottom any more. We have a realistic shot next year at taking the Belt.

Hate to say it, but I think you're wrong. At the end of the day we're going to have our 7th(?) straight losing season. People in DFW only support winners. Just look at our pro teams and TCU

No, you stupid imbecile, I was offered a scholarship to Cougar High but I decided UNT was better for my major, jackass.

From the Forum Rules:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Enjoy your vacation, and have a happy Thanksgiving (and beyond). See you after football season.

Other relevant forum rules:

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

Do not argue with the Admins about proper use and policy.

Serve out the posting suspension and you'll be welcomed back in 14 days. Or, keep re-registering new accounts to circumvent it and get a permanent IP ban.

We had absolutely no chance to build a fan base in each of our 4 bowl seasons because we started almost each one of those seasons at 0 & 6 or 1 & 5, etc....Doesn't take a genius to understand that by the time the SBC season began for UNT, many fans were already thinking basketball.

GMG!

1. We didn't start out every season 0-6. I remember a certain win over Baylor that was a big deal.

2. If that was true, wouldn't basketball have had a better turn out.

Quit blaming the Belt. While teams like MTSU might not be the biggest draw, we've played these teams long enough to create familiarity with the fan base.

The reality is we need payday games to pay the bills for the entire athletic program.

I agree with MeanMag. Seems to me, he just gave what he had received, outside of name-calling. Then again, I'm not a moderator so I won't argue the point.

I'm generally inclined to let people be needled as aggressively as they've shown they'll dish out. Up to the point of profane attacks or name calling.

I don't keep a hit list or anything, but this definitely isn't the first posting suspension I've issued for taking a personal disagreement over that line.

I'm generally inclined to let people be needled as aggressively as they've shown they'll dish out. Up to the point of profane attacks or name calling.

I don't keep a hit list or anything, but this definitely isn't the first posting suspension I've issued for taking a personal disagreement over that line.

Plus it was your soulmate he was callin names!!! I say permaban.

That is what gets you banned these days? Quoner clearly baited him. It wasn't like he cussed him out.

Bring the kid back, jackass. Quoner used an abbreviation for profanity in his response (GTFO), which the site owners have said does not fly (ie. A$$, Sh!t)

I agree. I didn't land on rjmunthe; rjmunthe landed on me.

Also, you might want to edit your own signature before you champion the sacredness of rules.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1

You are the goat f'er I was referring to in my sig.

Wait.... so your signature is referring to cheering on the Mean Green to beat Quoner?

(also, calling someone a "stupid imbecile" and "jackass" in one post is pretty much a rule violation on any message board I've been to. Using "GTFO", "implying", or "baiting"? Not so much. Thing is, calling someone a "goat f**ker" is kind of more along the former lines, so I fear you may be saying hi to rjmunthe soon. The Greeks are famous warriors, you know. Also, Ouzo.)

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

You are the goat f'er I was referring to in my sig.

That's more forced than an old TY Sports skippy guest column.

Why are we fighting when we need to free Ryan Munthe? I may not agree with what he says, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it (and continue to make fun of it.)

• Downvote 1

Skippy was the only thing propping up that rag of a website.

And yes, that poster must be freed from the Tasty pepper spray. You would think a Greek would appreciate a bit of violent protesting, right? I mean those folks throw molotov cocktails like most people throw away an empty soda can.

pleasehelp.gif

• Downvote 1

Anyone who can rock a Harry Potter outfit that convincingly doesn't deserve to be banned for very long.

Wow. That happened sooner than I expected... I applaud you for your bravery, even in the face of the hand crafted comedy you undoubtedly beat to the punch.

Hagrid would have cussed at ULM too!!!!

• Upvote 3

Wow. That happened sooner than I expected... I applaud you for your bravery, even in the face of the hand crafted comedy you undoubtedly beat to the punch.

Hagrid would have cussed at ULM too!!!!

Defend that, Professor McGonagall fans!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1