Baby room at Apogee?

untgirl04

So we attempted to attend today's game, but ended up having to leave due to a fussy baby. As I was under the stands trying to calm him, I thought I might be able to calm him down if he ate. I approached guest services to see if I could just go inside to feed him (he weighs nearly 21 lbs so standing the whole time isn't really an option) and I was told no. The woman helpfully suggested that I could always sit down in a bathroom...

So my question is two-fold: what is gust services for and who can enter, and if calming a crying baby isn't appropriate there, where in the stadium is? I'm not terribly upset, just curious. Although I do believe there is a coaching opportunity with that young lady.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So we attempted to attend today's game, but ended up having to leave due to a fussy baby. As I was under the stands trying to calm him, I thought I might be able to calm him down if he ate. I approached guest services to see if I could just go inside to feed him (he weighs nearly 21 lbs so standing the whole time isn't really an option) and I was told no. The woman helpfully suggested that I could always sit down in a bathroom...

So my question is two-fold: what is gust services for and who can enter, and if calming a crying baby isn't appropriate there, where in the stadium is? I'm not terribly upset, just curious. Although I do believe there is a coaching opportunity with that young lady.

untgirl, I re-read your post today. I would encourage you to e-mail Rick Villareal with your coaching concern. Even if the guest services room was off limits, the building houses people to provide "guest services" - so they should have walked you to something like one of the family restrooms (large room with a lock). There should be no reason why you would feel the need to leave and Rick should be able to address this with his staff.

• Upvote 1

It has nothing to do with a public display one way or another. If my son were just hungry, I would have just fed him in the stands, like I did the week before. But he was frightened by all the noise and couldn't calm down. Putting this into perspective, I'm 5'1" and my son (at 5.5 months) is 21 lbs and darn close to half my height. I just can't hold him for an extended period of time - he's too heavy. Secondly, how many of you eat in a bathroom? There's a reason every medical body, regardless of patient (animal, baby, adult) says to keep the "pooping area" away from the "feeding area".

I've been in the family bathroom at the stadium, and while it's clean, there's a toilet directly across from a changing table, and a sink. And that's it. If there were an anteroom, slightly separated from the toilet area, then that would have been an appropriate place to feed a baby. I understand that I can use the family bathroom for an unlimited amount of time, but there were at least three other babies sitting in my section. What if those parents needed the room? What then are they supposed to do? Having a community "quiet" room where folks can go to calm a child would make more sense and would accommodate a larger crowd, which is what we're hoping to eventually have.

• Upvote 1

untgirl, PM me.

I think a better solution for all will be found if you bring it to the attention of those that can assist.

In the meantime, I will give you my cell. Call me if needed, and I will give you my club pass. Maybe you can find some space up there.

GMG

That's an incredibly generous offer. The point of my post was just to ask a general question, not to complain. My husband and I are diehard fans and yesterday's experience in no way changes that. It's just part of being a parent that sometimes you see the game and sometimes you don't.

My concern is for those more casual fans who may choose not to attend games after such an experience. I fully intend to contact RV and see what options are available, but wanted to post my experience on the board to see if there was just something we didn't know about.

untgirl04, I think we probably have the most accommodating staff in the nation when it comes to issues like this. Please email Rick with your questions and concerns. I can almost guarantee that he will consult higher authorities on the subject (his wife, his daughter who has a baby herself, and the athletic department employees with babies) and they will come up with an amicable to this issue.

Rick has delivered what I believe to be the most family friendly stadium in the country. It is wonderful in so many ways but, with the input of people like yourself, it can become even better.

I've got to say I'm impressed you even attempted a game with the baby. I remember those days and the last thing I would've wanted to do was take the baby to a game. I'm sorry your experience wasn't great but kudos for the effort. I think my wife and I would've just had to take turns going to the game.

We have special noise canceling headphones for him, and in general, he has a great disposition (and already loves football). His first game was the FAU game, and he did really well. It just didn't work out this time. The only reason I brought it up is that there were at least 4 other families that I saw with young kids in my section alone (207, so it's not even the family section), and thought it might be an issue for more than one family.

We have special noise canceling headphones for him, and in general, he has a great disposition (and already loves football). His first game was the FAU game, and he did really well. It just didn't work out this time. The only reason I brought it up is that there were at least 4 other families that I saw with young kids in my section alone (207, so it's not even the family section), and thought it might be an issue for more than one family.

We brought our daughter to the Houston game.

Pregame and the first half were very fun with her, but she got cranky halfway through the 3rd quarter and we had to leave.

Needless to say, after that, we resigned to having family babysit for us. :lol: