Should we be LaLa, how are we in control of our own destiny?

oldguystudent

If we were to be LaLa, we would probably have to pick up and move to Louisiana and start talking funny. But if we are to stay here in Texas, yes FIU would have the tiebreaker over us with head to head, but I guess there is a reasonable possibility that there would be a three way tie or that FIU could lose another one.

• Upvote 3

Still not in control, but if we beat ULaLa and then they win out, FIU wins out, and we win out, we are looking at a 3 way tie for 1st place. Good times. If we beat ULaLa, we immediately become Cajun fans.

Speak for yourself. If we beat LaLa, I am immediately rooting on a week-by-week basis for teams playing FIU.

Still not in control, but if we beat ULaLa and then they win out, FIU wins out, and we win out, we are looking at a 3 way tie for 1st place. Good times. If we beat ULaLa, we immediately become Cajun fans.

This was the scenerio I was eluding to when I said we would be in control of our own destiny.

Obviously there is a lot of games left to play in conference and anything can happen, but this gives us control because I believe if we and FIU end with the same record, we would be co-confernce champions. I don't believe the Sun Belt Conference Championship is awarded on a tie breaking system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultimately, I don't think it matters, as FIU will lose again in conference (mark it down).