The Only Hope I have Now...

ColoradoEagle

We gave Dodge 4 years...I think we need to give Coach Mac a year before we can truly see what he can do.

That being said the moral victories are an easy way out for losers. We don't want to make that a habit even more with this program. I am really hopeing and expecting much better play once we get into conference. We've played some pretty decent teams with far more athletes than we have. Not to mention we just have that losing culture right now. It is not very easy to fix. The mentality and perception is something that is a work in progress and I don't really think we can have definitive answers with just 5 games in our situation.

Again not trying to give excuses for Coach Mac but I am trying to reasonable and realistic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

O'Leary's first year at UCF 0-11

June Jones' first year at SMU 1-11

That's honestly it at this point. I will be the FAU game, but my second season ticket will be unused. I refuse to subject anyone I know to football this bad.

If you live near UNT, you should go to the game...regardless. On the other hand...people like me who have to fly in for the game...well, just not going to spend all that money for airfare, car, dining, hotel, etc for a game when they play like this...too disappointing. I'm sure others who live a few hours from UNT probably feel the same....the team has been bad for way too long. Will say this about the Tulsa game...I saw alot of stupid stuff, but I also saw a team fighting to the end...that is a big change from the last few years.

• Upvote 1

When Coach Dan McCarney came into this job, he evaluated the talent and said "folks, we are going to need some time." I trust the evaluation of a former HFC at a Big Time School than maybe some of our usual assistant coach hires of past decades who might just be trying to buy some time on their contracts? I think Coach Mac at age 57 knows quite a bit more than some because of where he's been. His last gig was Assistant Head Football Coach for the Florida Gators so he knows his talent.

Said it pre-Indiana game to our AD at at tailgate but Year 3 is when I think we see a Mean Green turnaround with more talent of which we've not seen the likes of in a long time. Fry's 2'nd year at NT was a disaster with only 2 wins. Firstly, we must out recruit anyone in the SBC and at least half the schools in CUSA. Yet we also need to keep the perspective that hardly any of Boise State's recruiting classes are ever touted nor ranked high at all. The evaluation of talent is foremost at a school like Boise and North Texas for that matter.

If you didn't notice, players recruited for CUSA schools seem to be a step quicker and much larger across the board than North Texas. Guess that is one reason some of us want a better conference because it even affects the kind of recruits you get across that same board. Just another .02 cents.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

It's a brand new season starting this week.

Rick

Agree. If we look at bad against the Belt as we did against Tulsa, then I'll worry. FAU looked crappy against their non-Belt foes, but suddenly could score last weekend against the Belt school that took down FIU.

Hey...it's the Belt. If we're not competing here, it's a problem. I expect a 4-4 record in the Belt this year. We almost had it last year with the injury parade.

Whether we like it or not, this season the Belt is still our level. We must rise to it.

The OU and Texas fans can go pee on each other - I'll be there Saturday night with as many people as I can drag to fill my four season ticket count! And, I'll pike away as much of Sonic's crappy/skimpy food deal as I can.

KA-POW!

The best thing I can say for McCarney, so far, is that he's treated the home games as absolute must-win games. He's thrown the kitchen sink at both Houston and Indiana, and reserved the away games to figure crap out. I, personally, appreciate that. At least I have a feeling that when I show up to Apogee, I'm going to see a team playing with it's hair on fire. With the past regime, you never knew what you were going to get from the home team, outside of another loss. For those of you that have traveled to away games to watch this team play, well...sorry. We'll get to the point that it's worth doing, but right now, it's pretty clear that part of McCarney's rebuilding program is to put a heavy emphasis on winning our home games first....that's something positive for the team and fans to build on. Not to mention that it's hugely important for recruiting new players, new donors, new fans, etc.

Win at home..."protect this house"...McCarney gets it, and those looking for reasons to have faith in the new staff need look no further.

• Upvote 1

ColoradoEagle, on 02 October 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

Just because this message board is somewhat anonymous doesn't give you the right to be a complete jerkoff.

ColoradoEagle, on 01 October 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

my second season ticket will be unused. I refuse to subject anyone I know to football this bad.

Throw that out on a fan board, and you only have yourself to blame.

He dishes it out to others, but it looks like he can't take it himself. Par for the CE course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe Coach Mac will turn our program around, and I am happy about what he has done to this point outside of the McNulty decision. Again, I have nothing against McNulty, I just don't think he's ready at this point,and am not sure why they chose to burn his redshirt.

Coach Mac has the unfortunate responsibility of following the miserable experiment of TD. The patience we showed the previous 4 years has worn us all out and we have none left.

Actually the last six years, DD last years were no picnic; a bad team and little hope. Dodge did give most of us hope, albeit very short termed and he at least didn't run down the university and fans.

McCarney obviously would not be here if Dodge had been successful. In a lot of ways it is easier to come in after a disaster than a successful program. Expectations are low, as many seem to be content with another losing year. Not me, I think there is enough talent still around to compete in the Belt. Obviously, NT is going to have to play a lot better than they showed against Tulsa, but I think this team and coaching staff can. I predicted a bowl eligible team and nothing has really happened thus far to lower that expectation.

• Upvote 1

Never knew I had enemies. I guess it would explain my 1 star user rating.

Don't flatter yourself. You have been the one dishing out vitriol on this board before, but whined and cried when you were the target this time. All I did was point out the inconsistencies in your statements here and your behavior.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You taking the time to say how much you've hated my posts proves it.

If we still had TulsafansinTexas, crap like this wouldn't happen.

Or, you know, if FAU had fans to come talk trash.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1