Gotta get rid of Romo

He's more worried about his next freaking golf tournament than leading his football team to a championship.

The guy makes me sick. He has to be the most careless QB with the most experience in the NFL. Gotta get rid of him.

Rick

I agree! And I will add

Romo again, Garrett, and Jerry.

Bye Bye

• Downvote 2

I'd put Tony at about #3 for reasons why we lost. #1 D, #2 injuries. Tony was not the reason, you're kidding yourself.

The D, with both corners out for most of the second half, was the reason we had a 14 point lead in the fourth. The most experienced guy on the field played the 4th quarter like he was 24 years old in his rookie year.

You didn't see the same game I did.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I'd put Tony at about #3 for reasons why we lost. #1 D, #2 injuries. Tony was not the reason, you're kidding yourself.

The defense was the most impressive part of the game to me, besides Dez Bryant in the first quarter. It's obvious that they have improved under Rob Ryan. Let's put it this way, at one point our top 3 corners were all out of the game. I thought they played pretty well.

• Upvote 1

He's more worried about his next freaking golf tournament than leading his football team to a championship.

The guy makes me sick. He has to be the most careless QB with the most experience in the NFL. Gotta get rid of him.

Rick

He lost the game for us last night no question. Tho I think its harsh to say he's more worried about his next golf tournament than being a quarterback

That being said getting rid of Romo won't help since who are we going to get that is in the same level or better than him? The only thing we can hope is he gets better and better over time the next couple of years. At the same time if need be we can draft a qb in the first or second round that will be the future of the team since Romo only has a few years left to be in his total prime.

Romo is the reason this team has been competitive for the past 6 years. Remember what it was like with Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner, Vinny Testaverde? Is that what you want?

Go back and look at Myles Austin's TD, it was underthrown and should have resulted in a pick had he not of striped it out of the arms of the DB as they rolled across the endzonne

Some are more willing to keep the status quo, going into game after game wondering when their QB is gonna shoot from the hip again in favor of the opponent. Others like me are willing to move on and look for the next field general. Can't steal second with your foot on first. It's time to move on, I've seen enough.

My wish is they would make a deal with Indianapolis, since they are in need of a QB right now, and trade Romo to them and play McGee. His backup is another veteran, who came in cold last year and led this team to the playoffs. And if it turns out that we suck it bad enough we at least go into next year with two first round draft picks to find the future leader we need.

Again, it's time to move on. The thing we loved about Romo in the beginning, able to make something out of nothing, is also his greatest flaw and he doesn't appear to be able to keep that in check when the game is on the line.

Time to move on.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Go back and look at Myles Austin's TD, it was underthrown and should have resulted in a pick had he not of striped it out of the arms of the DB as they rolled across the endzonne

Some are more willing to keep the status quo, going into game after game wondering when their QB is gonna shoot from the hip again in favor of the opponent. Others like me are willing to move on and look for the next field general. Can't steal second with your foot on first. It's time to move on, I've seen enough.

My wish is they would make a deal with Indianapolis, since they are in need of a QB right now, and trade Romo to them and play McGee. His backup is another veteran, who came in cold last year and led this team to the playoffs. And if it turns out that we suck it bad enough we at least go into next year with two first round draft picks to find the future leader we need.

Again, it's time to move on. The thing we loved about Romo in the beginning, able to make something out of nothing, is also his greatest flaw and he doesn't appear to be able to keep that in check when the game is on the line.

Time to move on.

Rick

It's not rational to get red of Romo. Guess what we do that and the line forms to the left. Whether you like it or not Romo is probably a top 15 overall QB. When you have that you don't just get rid of him. Bottom line is he's our QB....we've only been semi competitive and had a chance in games because of him. Do you remember what happened once Aikman was gone? Ya I don't want to experience that again if I don't have too. Romo is our guy and we'll just have to live and die with how he performs in games.

• Upvote 1

Time to move on.

Rick

I am shocked you missed your favorite thing ever as the key moment in this game. First and goal up a TD. the first play was a bootleg, which is fine, he rolled out, saw nothing and chucked the ball.

The next two plays? SHOTGUN formation.

Kill me with death -- those play calls were the spoiled baby food that allowed Romo to so majestically fill his diaper once again.

• Downvote 1

Is Romo great? Not consistently, no. ...but he shows real moments of greatness.

I agree that while the local media and most fans are dumping on Romo, he certainly isn't the only thing that cost us that game. Here is what I think really cost us the game, and in no particular order...

1. Defense - I'm not blasting the Defense, and YES, they played VERY WELL for a good portion of the game. ...but they are beat up, the secondary is weak, they got rolled on that drive during the late 3rd quarter. Plaxico is twice the size of that defender that was covering him... Ryan is doing an AMAZING JOB with what he has, and I think the defense will be really clicking by the end of the season and that if we have a good draft and free agency, it could be a premier unit next year. ...but allowing that drive that steamrolled the defense like they weren't on the field was a big part of the loss Sunday.

2. Coaching/Dez Bryant - why the hell was he on the field if he couldn't move? It was allowing the Jets defense to single him and double Austin and Ogletree. I don't blame Dez for trying. I blame Coaches for keeping him out there. We have receiver depth. That was a dumb move.

3. Tony Romo - I'm not prepared to jump on him so much about the fumble. Even the greatest players get the ball punched out from time to time He was trying to make something happen. Yeah, he probably should have thrown it out of the back of the end zone, but not a SOUL here would be bitching about this had his knee hit the turf .0001 seconds sooner. It wouldn't have even made the highlight reel. ...that interception at the end while trying to force the ball to an injured Dez Bryant WAS ROMO-FAIL. ...that said, he was 23/36, threw for 342 yards, 2 touchdowns and a QB rating of 101.9. Houston POUNDS the Colts with Matt Shaub, who threw for 220 yards, 1 TD and TWO interceptions with a rating of 78.5.

4. O-LINE & Running Game - 64 rushing yards? Non-Existant Pocket? ...the game was placed on Romo early on, and he HAD to pass to advance the ball. ...then Dez got hurt. ...combine that with a young and pretty weak offensive line, and what do you REALLY expect of Romo under that circumstance?

Romo was part of what went wrong the other night, but he wasn't the only thing going against us while playing a team that on paper should be better than us. No moral victories, but if the O-Line can give Romo just a BIT more protection and the Defense continues on the track they looked to be on the other night, the Cowboys could have a really nice season.

If Romo doesn't play, the Cowboys get blown out in that game. He's the only reason the game was even close in the first place. He makes any offensive line look way better than they are.

BUT HE PLAYS GOLF, WEARS A HAT BACKWARDS, RIDES HIS BOAT ON LAKE LEWISVILLE AND SMILES TOO MUCH!!!!! HE DON'T GIVE A SINGLE CRAP ABOUT THIS TEAM!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Na, now he is the best QB in the NFL.

Until next week. And if the Cowboys don't win then, they need to cut his a$$.

Wasn't this going to be an extra easy win? With a small defense?

I think Romo has moments of greatness, but other times he is all over the place.

The thing I thought was the most interesting is how loud the Cowboys fans were in San Fran I would have thought it was a home game.