Gotta get rid of Romo

Sorry, Romo is showing some toughness for sure but this pothole defense got these two wins. However the real test comes Sunday so we'll see.

This team reminds me of North Texas last year with all the injuries.

Rick

The defense has been pretty darn good at times but they have played Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, and Rex Grossman. I'm not sure anything can change your opinion on Romo unless he wins a super bowl or something. I feel there's a little bit of similarities to him and Dirk. Even when Dirk played well and carried his team on his back there would still be a ton of naysayers but it took a ring for it to go away. Romo is playing excellent right now and he's the only reason the Cowboys have been atleast a decent team since he came onto the scene. Again I just say to go back the beginning of the post Aikman era until Romo arrived and see how all that went and felt.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1

Outside of Miles and Witten, Romo is playing with an offense full of spares and borderline retards. It's a miracle he's gotten them 2 wins out if these first 3. I was fine with letting go of the overrated and overpaid Andre.... boy does that look foolish now.

The Niners and Redskins will probably finish below .500 this year. I have to give Romo credit, he made some big plays in the 4th. I still don't expect them to beat Detroit...

Our line is a freaking joke, our receiving core is a joke. Romo is not, has never been, and won't ever be the problem. He single handely kept us in a game we should have had no business winning. Now that we have a capable Defense, he can play conservative and be better. Bottomline, I don't carfe who you start at QB, with the absolutely pathetic line they have protecting for him, anybody's lucky to maintain a drive. Our lack of TD's was a direct result of play calling and OL mistakes when it counted. Check the numbers, check the new ESPN QBR, take a poll of GM's and coaches around the league, 70% would love to have him on their roster tomorrow. I've never been a Romo fan, but I respect the guy immensely for what he's trying to do with the biggest cluster since the Mavs pre-Cuban.

Romo is not the problem, we all say over and over again it starts and ends in the trenches. We're starting 2 freaking ROOKIES on the OL and a 2nd yr center, I don't care who you are, that's a recipe for disaster.

Our line is nothing but a struggle right now but I'll take that over what we have had in the past without even thinking about it. We had seasoned veterans getting overpaid and the line was just as bad last year. I am completely for the re-tool or re-build...This is a complete work in progress and I truly believe that this team will be best suited for true contention in 1-2 years.

Again a recipe for disaster maybe so...but I think as the season progresses they'll get better. If they were that worse I dont think Garret and Jerry would have so easily gotten rid of some of the older guys but its clear that this line cant get worse than what it was last year. I love this youth movement especially on the offensive line because it was about damn time.

Sorry, Romo is showing some toughness for sure but this pothole defense got these two wins. However the real test comes Sunday so we'll see.

This team reminds me of North Texas last year with all the injuries.

Rick

Like I said, it's the defense, who just held the NFL's 3rd best offense to 3 points for the first hal that is getting it done. In fact, the Lions didn't even get their first 1st down till the 9 min mark of the 2nd quarter. Now they may come out and get drilled the second half but this defense ihas been the key to our success so far.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick