Roll Call For Tomorrow

emmitt01

Count me in with wife and son in tow. BTW, John Burkett informed me by email, that we could bring a cooler and/or food into the stadium, but that it would not be allowed on the field.

I will be bringing a football though, just in case!

I just called the ticket office and they said no outside food or drink. Concessions only. Just to let you know.

Tell you what, if U of h ever gets out of that dump and opens a real stadium, I'll be sure to swing by for the dedication and wear a North Texas shirt. Maybe then you will see how disrespectful it is. Don't be a tool.

I don't see it as disrespectful at all. He's not a North Texas student/alum, he's a Houston fan. I live about two hours from Jonesboro, and I hope to make a game or two to support my Belt brethren at ASU--but I assure you, I'll be wearing green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tell you what, if U of h ever gets out of that dump and opens a real stadium, I'll be sure to swing by for the dedication and wear a North Texas shirt. Maybe then you will see how disrespectful it is. Don't be a tool.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? I went to a game at Fouts last year. I went to the UNT spring game. I watched UNT games on TV last year. I follow the UNT team.

Even though the support I give to UNT is tiny, it's more than too many UNT alums (and I know UH has its share of the same kind of alums). I'll always be a die hard Coog fan, but I can also be a casual UNT fan. I'll probably never buy a Mean Green shirt because I'd rather have UH gear, but I will continue to go to UNT games because it's fun and convenient.

Maybe you don't need the casual fan who went to another school. Maybe you hardcore fans are enough although it hasn't been in the past. I know UH can use the support of every local Houston resident it can get even if they went to another school. Well I'm a Denton area resident supporting the local school, even if it is not my own.

I'll be at the UH game cheering for my Coogs, but I'll probably make a couple more games this year, cheering for the Mean Green. If that makes me a tool, so be it. But I'm sure your program could use some more tools like me supporting it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't see it as disrespectful at all. He's not a North Texas student/alum, he's a Houston fan. I live about two hours from Jonesboro, and I hope to make a game or two to support my Belt brethren at ASU--but I assure you, I'll be wearing green.

This logic is just strange to me. I've gone with friends to games at their schools and donned that apparel. Even bought a Louisville hat for when I went to a baseball game up there a few months ago. I doubt I'll ever be back in Louisville in my lifetime, but I have no problem throwing a few bucks and respect their way.

This logic is just strange to me. I've gone with friends to games at their schools and donned that apparel. Even bought a Louisville hat for when I went to a baseball game up there a few months ago. I doubt I'll ever be back in Louisville in my lifetime, but I have no problem throwing a few bucks and respect their way.

I guess different strokes for different folks, but that sounds strange to me. Why would I buy apparel for a team I am not a fan of and that I will never wear again? Why would I try to give the illusion that I'm a big fan of a team that I'm not a big fan of?

I really don't see how it is disrespectful to wear your own team's gear, as it's not disrespectful for the fans of the opposing team to wear their team's gear.

I guess different strokes for different folks, but that sounds strange to me. Why would I buy apparel for a team I am not a fan of and that I will never wear again? Why would I try to give the illusion that I'm a big fan of a team that I'm not a big fan of?

I really don't see how it is disrespectful to wear your own team's gear, as it's not disrespectful for the fans of the opposing team to wear their team's gear.

Not everyone who wears a team's gear to a game is a big fan, and that isn't what it conveys, imo. To me it's like when you see a Rangers game on TV, they're playing the Angels, and someone in the stands is wearing a Cubs jersey. It's like...did you get lost?

If I'm going to any game, I'd like to be in favor of someone. Spending $10-15 on a shirt or hat isn't any skin off my back. I'm not an Astros fan, but I still have a hat that I wear once in a while after going to a couple games down there years back and it's a good memory.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

If I had a UNT shirt, I might wear it to UNT games (except for the UH game). I'm just not spending money on one. Call me cheap (I am). I'd rather spend my money on a shirt for my team, better tickets, concessions at the stadium, or something completely unrelated to football.

BTW: I never even said I was wearing a UH shirt. I said Cougar red. I'll be wearing a red polo, no UH logo at all. Sorry, I don't have a green polo either.

I guess I'll throw in my two cents...

Generally, I think it is very disrespectful to wear another schools gear on the NT campus. The major exception in my mind is if the person is a graduate of another institution...that does not mean I like it, but I myself would wear NT gear just about anywhere else, including every other college campus I step on, so who am I to judge.

With that being said, if I attend a sporting event for a different school (and generally it is with a friend that attended that other institution), as long as NT is not playing, I will either wear neutral colors, or wear a shirt for that school. I don't see the issue with that, and that show of respect can go a long way...in fact, one of my friends from another school moved back to the metroplex recently and has adopted NT as his team.

When I read the first post from NTXCOOG, I had the same response (what a tool, etc.) but I do appreciate very much that he supports NT. I do think it would be more appropriate though to wear neutral colors (or green) to events instead of UH gear. Obviously that does not apply for the game against UH, where he should be supporting his alma mater no matter what, as we all would.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? I went to a game at Fouts last year. I went to the UNT spring game. I watched UNT games on TV last year. I follow the UNT team.

Even though the support I give to UNT is tiny, it's more than too many UNT alums (and I know UH has its share of the same kind of alums). I'll always be a die hard Coog fan, but I can also be a casual UNT fan. I'll probably never buy a Mean Green shirt because I'd rather have UH gear, but I will continue to go to UNT games because it's fun and convenient.

Maybe you don't need the casual fan who went to another school. Maybe you hardcore fans are enough although it hasn't been in the past. I know UH can use the support of every local Houston resident it can get even if they went to another school. Well I'm a Denton area resident supporting the local school, even if it is not my own.

I'll be at the UH game cheering for my Coogs, but I'll probably make a couple more games this year, cheering for the Mean Green. If that makes me a tool, so be it. But I'm sure your program could use some more tools like me supporting it.

You wear whatever you like...we appreciate your support buddy. That being said I hope our dline hits Kase so hard that he Hershey Squirts himself.

If I had a UNT shirt, I might wear it to UNT games (except for the UH game). I'm just not spending money on one. Call me cheap (I am). I'd rather spend my money on a shirt for my team, better tickets, concessions at the stadium, or something completely unrelated to football.

BTW: I never even said I was wearing a UH shirt. I said Cougar red. I'll be wearing a red polo, no UH logo at all. Sorry, I don't have a green polo either.

You are right. I am wrong. You never wrote UH shirt. I apologize for insinuating you were a tool. Now I look like a tool. I owe you a beer next week at the tailgating. PM me and I'll give you our set up information.

Again, I apologize.

If you wear another school's/team's gear to a game in which said team is not competing, you're being a "(insert said school/team) douche." So, if Coog here rocks up tonight in his red and white he is a "Houston Douche"...very simple...goes for any, in this case, non UNT/FIU clad people in attendance.

The "_______ douche" follows at least one of these two mindsets:

1. He feels his team is vastly superior to the two participants...and that by proxy makes HIM vastly superior to the participants supporters. This is highly prevalent in the Texas Douche.

2. He is there simply to antagonize. This is often the case with a rival or direct competitor...like this guy.

The claim of not owning UNT gear in this case only holds water if every bit of clothing owned by this person is Houston gear. Otherwise...if you do claim to support UNT save against Houston...wear a green polo, t-shirt or in a pinch, green-man suit.

Or simply go neutral.

Otherwise...you're being a douche.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If you wear another school's/team's gear to a game in which said team is not competing, you're being a "(insert said school/team) douche." So, if Coog here rocks up tonight in his red and white he is a "Houston Douche"...very simple...goes for any, in this case, non UNT/FIU clad people in attendance.

1. He feels his team is vastly superior to the two participants...and that by proxy makes HIM vastly superior to the participants supporters. This is highly prevalent in the Texas Douche.

2. He is there simply to antagonize. This is often the case with a rival or direct competitor...like this guy.

The claim of not owning UNT gear in this case only holds water if every bit of clothing owned by this person is Houston gear. Otherwise...if you do claim to support UNT save against Houston...wear a green polo, t-shirt or in a pinch, green-man suit.

Or simply go neutral.

:cry::clapping:

Or simply go neutral.

Was this list intended to be exhaustive?

Or simply go neutral.

I guess I'm a douche. I wonder if I'll be the only person in the stadium wearing red. If I'm not, I guess everyone else wearing it will be a douche too. If I am the only one, come see me. I'm a pretty friendly guy. Maybe you can teach me the UNT fight song or one of your cheers. I won't do it at the UH game, but I would later in the year, or even tonight.

I don't think my school is vastly superior in sports or academics and I'm not trying to be confrontational. I am proud of my school and would wear my school colors at a game involving DIII schools or at a BCS championship game. Later in the year if a UNT fan came to the SMU-UH game at Ford Stadium decked out in Mean Green gear, I wouldn't be offended a bit. If that UNT fan said both schools sucked and UNT was better, THEN that person would be a douche. Otherwise I think you're just repping your school and you want to watch some college football.

BTW: In a game between UNT and FIU, red is neutral.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I guess I'm a douche. I wonder if I'll be the only person in the stadium wearing red. If I'm not, I guess everyone else wearing it will be a douche too. If I am the only one, come see me. I'm a pretty friendly guy. Maybe you can teach me the UNT fight song or one of your cheers. I won't do it at the UH game, but I would later in the year, or even tonight.

I don't think my school is vastly superior in sports or academics and I'm not trying to be confrontational. I am proud of my school and would wear my school colors at a game involving DIII schools or at a BCS championship game. Later in the year if a UNT fan came to the SMU-UH game at Ford Stadium decked out in Mean Green gear, I wouldn't be offended a bit. If that UNT fan said both schools sucked and UNT was better, THEN that person would be a douche. Otherwise I think you're just repping your school and you want to watch some college football.

BTW: In a game between UNT and FIU, red is neutral.

I too read your statement of a "red shirt" as being a Houston shirt. Because of the implication. Like taking a woman out on a boat.

Still...you should be wearing something green.

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1