Denton

unt_rocket09

We were going to try the hamburger company restaurant on the county square but it was closed.

Denton County Hamburger is still open on the square with the same hours they've had for 30 years.

And here's one change worth noting, the new fence and railing on North Texas Blvd. over I-35.

The guys that bought The Tavern from me also just sold and the new blood is keeping the name and really sprucing the place up.

The Tomato was great and is misses but Crooked Crust is pretty darn good pizza. I actually liked TJ's better than The Tomato. Good times.

Thank you sir, I enjoyed myself far too much in your establishment, far too many times, and probably owe you a drink or two for my behaivor at times...

Always enjoyed Tavern.

Denton County Hamburger is still open on the square with the same hours they've had for 30 years.

And here's one change worth noting, the new fence and railing on North Texas Blvd. over I-35.

There's also a second location on ... Sunset? ... near 380 and Carroll (I think that's right ... years since I've been in Denton).

The kid got bored yesterday and I asked her what she wanted to do. Even though we don't live in Denton, she immediately demanded lunch at Love Shack followed by ice cream at Beth Marie's. The kid loves Denton.

(Side Note) There was live music at 1pm at Love Shack in which George Dunham was scheduled to sit in for a set, but we finished eating at 12:55, and kinda' got the hint to get out because people were waiting for our table. So that's a minor criticism. There was really no way we could've stuck around for the music.

The kid got bored yesterday and I asked her what she wanted to do. Even though we don't live in Denton, she immediately demanded lunch at Love Shack followed by ice cream at Beth Marie's. The kid loves Denton.

(Side Note) There was live music at 1pm at Love Shack in which George Dunham was scheduled to sit in for a set, but we finished eating at 12:55, and kinda' got the hint to get out because people were waiting for our table. So that's a minor criticism. There was really no way we could've stuck around for the music.

You might just want to hang around the bar area next time. We did that once to hear a bit of the music after giving up our table to some waiting guests and it turned out fine for us...several others just hanging out in that area and listening to the music as well. Can get a bit crowded, and we didn't stay all that long, but it worked just fine. You might give that a try next time.

I actually did consider that, but a minor sitting at the bar and whatnot can get a little sketchy.

Tim love is pretty family oriented guy. I see him and his family at the West 7th location all the time. Probably wouldn't have a problem with you keeping your seat or hanging out at the bar.