Will we actually sell out the Houston game?

kingwoodgreen

What about all those online only students that don't pay the athletic fee...do they still get in free?

If they have a student ID, I believe that they do.

If they have a student ID, I believe that they do.

Here's an interesting thought. Once we are on our way to bowls and hangin conference champs banners what will happen with student entries once all students are riding the train? Don't schools like A&M only allow admission to x amount of games a year?

What if we do sell out all seats and have to turn students away?

Edited by Green2012

Here's an interesting thought. Once we are on our way to bowls and hangin conference champs banners what will happen with student entries once all students are riding the train? Don't schools like A&M only allow admission to x amount of games a year?

What if we do sell out all seats and have to turn students away?

Well, not a bad problem to have, but I don't see UNT turning students away. There may, however, come a time when students will have to line up to get tickets on a first come first served basis and some may not want to bother. many schools require their students to purchase, yes, purchase, student tickets on top of the fees they already pay for athletic fees...including stadium costs. That day may come at UNT and it would be a great thing if demand were that high.

Let's just start with a sellout Sept. 10th and see where it takes us all...it is going to be a great ride!

Well, not a bad problem to have, but I don't see UNT turning students away. There may, however, come a time when students will have to line up to get tickets on a first come first served basis and some may not want to bother. many schools require their students to purchase, yes, purchase, student tickets on top of the fees they already pay for athletic fees...including stadium costs. That day may come at UNT and it would be a great thing if demand were that high.

Let's just start with a sellout Sept. 10th and see where it takes us all...it is going to be a great ride!

I would LOVE for this to be the case one day, but we're closer to getting into the Big 12 than this happening. Even Texas Tech students get into football games for free.

Huh? What's that, an exception for online only students. Yeah, I don't think so.

Yep. If you're not taking a class on the Denton campus, you are not subjected to the Athletic fee. So I wonder if these students will be allowed into the game for free...

Edited by amr

I don't know how many tickets have been sold for sure. But if you go to buy individual tickets now and click "best available", it offers you tickets that are well up into the second tier of seats. I think this is a good sign?

On Monday morning, sections 102 and 103 were best available. By Monday afternoon, 203 was best available. If you try 1 ticket you can still get in 203. If more, you get in 202. So since Monday evening, really only 203 has filled up. Reserved endzone hasn't moved much since Monday afternoon either.

Still pretty nice that only corners are available 3 weeks before the game.

Regarding student tickets, UH puts limits on student seating if the game is going to be a sell out. That wasn't much of a problem until recently. Now they have to get there early to get tickets especially to the big games. They also had to change the rules on guest passes that students can buy.

My friend's sister who is a current student was told that student guest tickets would not be sold for the Houston game. So my friend had to buy a ticket herself when they went on sale. If you look at NT Athletic website under football tickets the student ticket info section says student ticket info coming soon. So maybe they are still trying to put a plan together for students and might make them go pick up real tickets that would be free for them?