UNT Apogee Gameday Traffic Map

ColoradoEagle

Ok, so I'm driving up from Fort Worth and I'm going to be blocked from exiting on Bonnie Brae and have to head toward Gainesville and exit on Oak? I then proceed to Bonnie Brae and turn south on Bonnie Brae and get directed to the access road and go south/southeast and (depending on my parking pass) turn into the Alumni pavillion parking area before I get to the old Raddison parking area, OR (again depending on my parking pass) proceed past the old Raddison parking area and then turn right at the bridge, where I will be directed to one of the large lots behind Victory Hall?

1. Is the circle drive, which is due east of the stadium, where everyone who is supposed to go to "drop off their stuff" and then park in the Red area?

2. Is the Red parking area those parking lots behind Victory Hall?

3. Is that lightly shaded area immediately around the stadium the blue parking area?

4. Does everyone who has blue parking permits and green parking permits have to flow through the Alumni Pavilion entrance?

5. If you are bringing an RV, which of these parking areas (Green, Blue, Red) do you park it?

Edited by SilverEagle

Looks like the map created more questions than it answered for some, but I think I found my exact route in and out. FFR has a great point...you might just want to park at Fouts and walk over for the first few games until all this gets sorted out. Fouts parking will be tons closer than parking at most D1 stadiums during game days...closer than parking across Central Expwy for SMU, closer than the 1 mile + walk to get to OU's stadium, closer than one would park at Iowa (according to a well placed source...never been there myself), closer than you would get at Oklahoma State, and on and on and on. Maybe some would have closer parking at these places with multi-thousand dollar donations or game day paid spots, but parking at Fouts is free, right?

Even with parking spots assured, Fouts just might be a great option. getting out should be easier as well for the first few games. Good suggestion FFR.

The "good news" is that this will all get sorted out in due time...so, patience folks, patience...enjoy the ride as it's to a brand new beautiful stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looks like the map created more questions than it answered for some, but I think I found my exact route in and out. FFR has a great point...you might just want to park at Fouts and walk over for the first few games until all this gets sorted out. Fouts parking will be tons closer than parking at most D1 stadiums during game days...closer than parking across Central Expwy for SMU, closer than the 1 mile + walk to get to OU's stadium, closer than one would park at Iowa (according to a well placed source...never been there myself), closer than you would get at Oklahoma State, and on and on and on. Maybe some would have closer parking at these places with multi-thousand dollar donations or game day paid spots, but parking at Fouts is free, right?

Even with parking spots assured, Fouts just might be a great option. getting out should be easier as well for the first few games. Good suggestion FFR.

The "good news" is that this will all get sorted out in due time...so, patience folks, patience...enjoy the ride as it's to a brand new beautiful stadium.

According to the map above, the Fouts lots will be Cash parking. Welcome to the big time!

Ok, so I'm driving up from Fort Worth and I'm going to be blocked from exiting on Bonnie Brae and have to head toward Gainesville and exit on Oak? I then proceed to Bonnie Brae and turn south on Bonnie Brae and get directed to the access road and go south/southeast and (depending on my parking pass) turn into the Alumni pavillion parking area before I get to the old Raddison parking area, OR (again depending on my parking pass) proceed past the old Raddison parking area and then turn right at the bridge, where I will be directed to one of the large lots behind Victory Hall?

ahhh poops... nevermind

Edited by golfingomez

So then, can students/fans not drive their cars up near the stadium and tailgate out of it like last year?! Because the way i see these parking lots is that can't happen unless you are a MG club member.

They will have a drop off area (prob at the old hotel parking lot) where you can drop your tailgating stuu, park your cr, and walk back and set up.

This really isn't any different than t any other University, folks. You wanted a better stadium and real college game day experience? Well, this is part of the package.

• Upvote 2

On a side note, I'm glad you changed your avatar. All I could think when I saw it was: "smokes wiff cigarettes, smokes wiff cigarettes, smokes wiff cigarettes..."

I may have to find a new one...all it reminds me of right now is when we (Arsenal) had a talented mid-field and Chamakh had the confidence to at least make a run into the box, let alone finish.

They will have a drop off area (prob at the old hotel parking lot) where you can drop your tailgating stuu, park your cr, and walk back and set up.

If there is some drop-off area, traffic will be backed up to Lewisville (or TMS or Valley View). Then, 30 minutes before kickoff, there'll be cluster of vehicles driving back to the drop-off zone to pick up their stuff and then drive back to their parking space. I'm struggling to see how this is going to work.

If there is some drop-off area, traffic will be backed up to Lewisville (or TMS or Valley View). Then, 30 minutes before kickoff, there'll be cluster of vehicles driving back to the drop-off zone to pick up their stuff and then drive back to their parking space. I'm struggling to see how this is going to work.

You will not be allowed to leave the parking area and then come back in.

• Upvote 1

So I'm a student looking for some opinions on the best plan of action on gameday. I plan on starting my tailgate (about 15 people at the most)at 2 by the latest. Would it be better to just set up and tailgate at Fouts or do the drop off thing? Where are the majority of the students going to be set up? (not necessarily concerned with the greeks as I'm not fan of their horrible music choices at rediculous volume levels) What type of crowd will be tailgating in the "drop off grass" area? And also I have a few in my tailgate who will have to buy tickets as they are not UNT students so I would probably have to teradown early to get their tickets.

• Upvote 1

So I'm a student looking for some opinions on the best plan of action on gameday. I plan on starting my tailgate (about 15 people at the most)at 2 by the latest. Would it be better to just set up and tailgate at Fouts or do the drop off thing? Where are the majority of the students going to be set up? (not necessarily concerned with the greeks as I'm not fan of their horrible music choices at rediculous volume levels) What type of crowd will be tailgating in the "drop off grass" area? And also I have a few in my tailgate who will have to buy tickets as they are not UNT students so I would probably have to teradown early to get their tickets.

I'm a senior (not senior citizen like some on this board) and I plan on dropping my stuff off on Highland Park Drive by that little duck pond and setting up a pit, washers, lawn golf, etc... on the grass. I'm not sure if this is allowed yet but it will be most convenient for me because I live in the Denia area. If this this proves to be a hassle the next game I will probably set up shop at Fouts.

• Upvote 1